Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
1Al
Hunter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by 1Al »

LIke David, I see this news as a very bad sign towards the end of the game, a really unique game in the world. Besides, I have just renewed membership for six months. Sadness.
Last edited by 1Al on February 8th, 2019, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Calculatd pessimism is a survival strategy, and I read a lot of this on the previous 9 pages. It seems a common human habit like prophesizing the near end of the world from time to time, or to follow those who prophesize it. Such a mentality puts us in the safe situation that we can either be only positively surprised by the true events, or - in the worst case - to be able to say that we have always known the mess in the first place. So, nothing can catch us fully unprepared....

Fine. I understand this.

But it is also an option to read just what is written insted to read between the lines. And from that I take it that EW has set up plans to keep thC running for a long time in future, and for this will change the current business model. The first part of the message is good news, no matter how you look at it (unless you believe that EW is simply telling lies - which you can do but without hard proof). The second part makes it clear that the way we have invested into the game to play it above guest status will not be like it used to be. How exactly the change will look like is not clear yet, though, and the reason is that EW is obviously currently still working on the fine-tuning. But they wanted to inform us timely, because the general decision has been made.

That's the plain message. Not more, not less. Whatever you guys and girls read into it in addition is up to you alone. It tells no additional facts at all - but in best case tells a lot about yourself :-).
Agava

Post by Agava »

Hello. I'm a bit sceptycal for that change, mostly is from my point a bit wage. I't say what developer want to change, not how change will be made. So im wating form more informations.

Don't assume anything until u know details.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

We must also consider the merger with the company Nordisk and the imminent launch of a new game "Generation Zero" scheduled for March 26th.
This will certainly take away resources from the Classic to dedicate them to the development of flying robots that are infesting the Swedish countryside :lol:
ags

Post by ags »

MonacoSteve wrote:Calculatd pessimism is a survival strategy, and I read a lot of this on the previous 9 pages. It seems a common human habit like prophesizing the near end of the world from time to time, or to follow those who prophesize it. Such a mentality puts us in the safe situation that we can either be only positively surprised by the true events, or - in the worst case - to be able to say that we have always known the mess in the first place. So, nothing can catch us fully unprepared....

Fine. I understand this.

But it is also an option to read just what is written insted to read between the lines. And from that I take it that EW has set up plans to keep thC running for a long time in future, and for this will change the current business model. The first part of the message is good news, no matter how you look at it (unless you believe that EW is simply telling lies - which you can do but without hard proof). The second part makes it clear that the way we have invested into the game to play it above guest status will not be like it used to be. How exactly the change will look like is not clear yet, though, and the reason is that EW is obviously currently still working on the fine-tuning. But they wanted to inform us timely, because the general decision has been made.

That's the plain message. Not more, not less. Whatever you guys and girls read into it in addition is up to you alone. It tells no additional facts at all - but in best case tells a lot about yourself :-).
Exactly my thoughts after reading through the announcement and the comments. EW has yet to disappoint me in terms of transparency and so I have no reason to "read between the lines". I am glad they are considering these changes to ensure the longevity of the game. It truly shows their commitment to the game and the community, for me at least.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

What strikes me about this announcement is the fundamental change in the entire game model (that has lasted for the previous decade). What happens to free ammo for members? Does everyone get free ammo now? Can everyone hunt every animal for free?

Because if the memberships are finished but the devs want to nickel and dime us by making us ALL pay for ammo/permits then I'd bail on the game in a heartbeat.

If this is a shift to a profit system that relies on us buying things from the store but gives us all the basics for free then fine (as long as they are sure that will actually generate enough income to keep the servers running).

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
elgrancazador
Spotter

Post by elgrancazador »

the game is dying for me, on top of removing the membership of twelve months they decide to publish nonsense like missions of geese or weapons with crazy prices, instead of dedicating themselves to making new reservations and introducing new species, people, the game is dying, and doing the ball you will not get anything to take it to the grave
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

To keep a game alive they only need a lot of players and money. so play the game recruit friends and have fun. with rumors there is nothing to win for both sides
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I left this game a few months ago. I keep checking these forums for a reason to return! This Ain't it!

good Luck all.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

MonacoSteve wrote: It tells no additional facts at all - but in best case tells a lot about yourself :-).
Wow, it's so great to have you back MonacoSteve! Where have you been brother?

I agree with you 100% on the quoted portion of your post. Some of us here are really glad you stopped by just to let us know how you feel about us, because, like you said, it really says a lot about us; and you! :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”