Tracker

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by Dilaj »

Free membership 1000% but how can i buy towers? make them buyable
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Face it, we're throwing darts at the wall in the dark. They are the ones with the whiteboard and path forward. We don't know diddly.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

lol now it's official. You screwed it up. There have been smart and helpful suggestions for years that did not take much effort, but everything was ignored. But you still preferred to squeeze every single player out like a lemon.
Do you seriously think the community will simply switch to COTW? To hunt this Mickey Mouse Lion then? lol i'm laughing my ass off.
I hope your office had a lot of fun in your 6 weeks vacation.
Will we get this time refunded? And for my other months i already paid for FROM NEXT SUMMER ON I would like to have my money back and not some stupid skins.

Follow our crew on instagram
Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

HooCairs wrote:Sounds like operations are turned down to a bare minimum[...]
Is there still an increase?
Here are some bugs for pay-content for several years that have never been fixed or at least commented
lol

Follow our crew on instagram
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

I'm thrilled that this awful business model is going to be changed. Having to pay repeatedly, once to buy gear and then to keep paying in order to be able to use it or it would become pretty useless, has really made people think twice before committing to spend and I think it is the main reason for many players leaving the game. As TK wrote in the OP, I think too that accessibility is the key to the survival of the game. While there are players very active in the forums who have been defending the current business model, it is a fact that the game is loosing the players base at an alarming rate. If I remember correctly the numbers for Steam posted by somebody a while ago, from September 2017 to September 2018 there was a decrease of one third. That's a lot and keeping things as they are can only lead to an imminent end. That's why I think the change in the business model, making the game more accessible, is the key to attract more players and actually more money, as each player could enjoy the game by spending some money now and then, instead of having to make big commitments which are a major turn-off. Well done EW that you are taking this courageous step and I can't wait to learn more details about the changes!
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

after 200h spend in cotw and come back to classic ... delete cotw (gameplay is not made for me) and take a look in this forum ... it´s like to her Jim Morrision singing in the backround ...`this is the end my only friend`... don´t like this spooky kind of information. but like graham said in the stream it´s just business! I wonder what we ALL have become for only one Event ... i have a bad feeling about this!
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Thanks for this thread and some clues. Some sweet words in this somewhat sad news, but ... 'Nuff said, you're going to call it a night.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

These are just my thoughts.

I feel EW are not earning enough money from memberships or the game could be going away in a couple of years and they're are sugar coating it.
By having 3 monthly memberships they would be getting more return out of that instead of people re-subbing every 12 months. (removed the possible discount from buying the 12 month membership)
So in other words they've disguised a increased membership fee.

Also to deal with gaining more money they're going to add way more micro transactions than what we've seen over the years, unfortunately new reserves may be out of the picture for good cause they don't produce any money except from new clothing/equipment that may come later on.
They rather not spend the time they took on making a reserve and instead put that time and investment into more micro transactions as it produces more $$$.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

What a bunch of negative Nancies. Why don't we all wait for more details before crying about the end of the world is here. Everyone has opinions and NO facts yet. Let's just wait for more details and see if the boat is really sinking before jumping off.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if all we post is doom and gloom it isnt going to help anything. i will agree about that.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”