Update About Memberships and Business Model

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Update About Memberships and Business Model

Post by TheSheWolf »

Ahh, cool! I can't wait to hear details. The current model just isn't great--membership rewards and packages are all-too-often things that players likely already have. Almost anything would be an improvement.

I've said for a long time that micro-transactions should cost somewhat less for members, and memberships should cost a bit more--that would be awesome imo. Fingers crossed for that. I'm really interested!
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

YES
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Sounds like operations are turned down to a bare minimum, meaning no more animals and reserves will be added. Placeable archery targets appear to be in the make so they might be released as the last items. Too bad they only made it to 99 weapons. :P

Missions and comps are easy to do, no more programmers needed. Just what programmers will be left to know the game enough to fix any bugs that are beyond quick fix level.

Also wonder if they will continue handing out em$ for comps if that becomes the currency for memberships.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

What is this sounds like someone running for office
Lot of words NO assurance of what they are going to do,
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I''m just hoping for the BEST for this AMAZING HUNTING GAME!!! Happy to hear about completing the Missions and Comps for all of the species in the game and I would sure like to see an AFRICAN RESERVE in THClassic before EW calls it quits. However, whatever happens it will still be a VERY SAD DAY for all of us crazy hunters that LOVE this Game so much!!!

Wetland :D
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Soon the deer will retire and we hunters will all be an extinct species.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

As long as we have accessibility to the game and we can continue to play it, I'll continue to do so. Whether new things are added, such as reserves etc., or not. I'm here and I ain't 'bout to go anywhere. As long as the lights are on, and the servers are up- the end to me only looks like less stuff will be added. It really isn't an end at all but a simple new plan to keep this game alive. And keep it alive we will- with or without new this and thats. The thought of being able to buy memberships with EM$ as we accumulate them- sits okay with me. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

I agree with my fellow hunters who dont know what to make of this - but in my ears it does not sounds good. I just renewed my 12 months membership in december, so i'm quiet curios what kind of compensation to expect!
Hunting is living
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

doing away with longer licenses does seem like we are not expecting the game to be that long around. it might not be the case but by removing longer licenses thats the message it gives off. even if not whats happens.

hopefully the vibe feel of this is not the end is nigh but just a more accessible game. it is a great game and one of the best ive played. will be interesting to see how this plays out.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

HooCairs wrote:Too bad they only made it to 99 weapons. :P
I'm sure the weapon no. 100 will be a 12-caliber semi-automatic rifle. Possibly Beretta thanks ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”