Doc Themed Wolf Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
1Al
Hunter

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by 1Al »

VonStratos wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:
VonStratos wrote: i went to place some of my new towers and i saw a Black Bear, so i used my new .270 on it, bad decision, i forgot is not in the permitted list, and Doc nagged me, but look what he said as his opening words:

"Hiding in a tree and what do I see? An unpermitted Black Bear kill, shame on you!"

So i knew it! this old dude is a blatant stalker. Well next event is St. Patrick or i got the dates wrong?
Not as much a stalker as a voyeur. :lol:
-
a person who enjoys seeing the pain or distress of others.
"a voyeur of death"

But he also send you creepy letters almost saying "i'm watching what you did" this dude is a little more than some average voyeur. :lol:
He's definitely a stalker/voyeur. Thats why I've always would like to make him huntable.
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

It would be really nice if EW finally clarified this! How long should I wait for my reward?
You can not reach them by email either
you want to sit out and ignore it?
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Are the population changes already live and working ? If they are can people tell me how they affected the map and how hunting feels there now ? I appreciate any feedback and would love to hear how the outcome is !
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Sheldon wrote:It would be really nice if EW finally clarified this! How long should I wait for my reward?
You can not reach them by email either
you want to sit out and ignore it?
To my knowledge, no developer confirmed that they would include harvests made on 27th. So unless you harvested your wolves before 23:59:59 on 26th I would guess you're probably out of luck. Hopefully a developer will respond, but there are no guarantees.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

D3AKUs wrote:Are the population changes already live and working ? If they are can people tell me how they affected the map and how hunting feels there now ? I appreciate any feedback and would love to hear how the outcome is !

The changes to wolves population were made around the mid of the event, when the goal of the 50k was reached, so they are implemented already, the experience well... it depend on the hunter, some said it was big, others barely notice some change, the wolves are still there but before the packs were larger, so instead of 5 or 6 wolves in a pack now you see 3 or so and more lonely wolves, still they behave just like they did before, chasing elks like madmen.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

VonStratos wrote:the wolves are still there but before the packs were larger, so instead of 5 or 6 wolves in a pack now you see 3 or so and more lonely wolves, still they behave just like they did before, chasing elks like madmen.
Oh is that what they did? Instead of removing some packs they made the packs smaller? That won't change a thing on the chasing then. I have seen single wolves chase elk. If this is really the case then we have a bad solution that was implemented badly.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

HooCairs wrote:
VonStratos wrote:the wolves are still there but before the packs were larger, so instead of 5 or 6 wolves in a pack now you see 3 or so and more lonely wolves, still they behave just like they did before, chasing elks like madmen.
Oh is that what they did? Instead of removing some packs they made the packs smaller? That won't change a thing on the chasing then. I have seen single wolves chase elk. If this is really the case then we have a bad solution that was implemented badly.
Not to mention it has absolutely no correlation to real life.
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

HooCairs wrote:
No, definitely not. I went to one of my favorite stands and despite hearing crows over a corpse, I didn't see a single wolf. Hunted there until I used 30 arrows, then changed bows and went to my other favorite stand. As soon as I arrived on stand 2, I saw a pack of 6 wolves.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Hawkeye wrote:I went to one of my favorite stands and despite hearing crows over a corpse, I didn't see a single wolf. Hunted there until I used 30 arrows, then changed bows and went to my other favorite stand. As soon as I arrived on stand 2, I saw a pack of 6 wolves.
Not sure how the corpses would prove anything. From my experience, from all the corpses that spawn, half of them never see a wolf. Maybe you have been more patient than me though.

Would be interesting to hear if you keep seeing "six packs". :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

HooCairs wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I went to one of my favorite stands and despite hearing crows over a corpse, I didn't see a single wolf. Hunted there until I used 30 arrows, then changed bows and went to my other favorite stand. As soon as I arrived on stand 2, I saw a pack of 6 wolves.
Not sure how the corpses would prove anything. From my experience, from all the corpses that spawn, half of them never see a wolf. Maybe you have been more patient than me though.

Would be interesting to hear if you keep seeing "six packs". :)
The corpse isn't that relevant, really. The spot I'm referring to has never been as productive since wolves were introduced. After the reduction, that particular spot was right back to that great productivity. I used 30 arrows in 1.5 hours, all on elk & muleys. I wasn't close to that while the wolf populations were higher. But my other point was that I'm still seeing 6 wolf packs after the change.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”