Doc Themed Wolf Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Longmann
Scout

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by Longmann »

C'mon, EW, have some dignitiy and take responsibility for your acts, it's not players who should be ashamed in this situation. :roll:
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

I think that it is a shared responsibility between EW and its player base to announce and understand an event time. To that end, I’d like to make two suggestion:

1st to EW. You can be more specific in how you announce the time frame for events by adding the time to the dates. For example, let’s assume that there will be an event that will run from 11 March through 20 March. So on the event banner (using the Grey Wolf event as an example) it would look like:

March 11 – March 20

This leaves the event time open to interruption. It would be better to state it as:

Start - March 11 @ 00:01 CET
End - March 20 @ 23:59 CET

Of course, this may not be as aesthetically pleasing, but it is precise and that is what’s needed here. This should be on the banner, the event page, and the forum announcement. Once done, EW is finished with its responsibility.

2nd suggestion is for/to the player base. If EW uses the format recommended above, it is now up to us to convert EW’s time into our own. There are many good time/date converters that you may find on the internet. But below is a URL to one that I use. I find it easy to set up and it’s free. It will take into account daylight saving changes also. Set your time zone up on the converter as your "home" time. Then I recommend using the CET/CEST time zone for EW’s time. Now you can easily convert the event time to your own and understand it’s exact start and end time for you. You will even have two more time slots that you can use should you have friends or relatives around the world.

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

I hope that you find these suggestions help ;-)

Honzo
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

C'mon people, in the past I've been critical with some EW's choices, but now all this criticism seems in poor taste to me, just when they gave so many useful items to us.
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

If they had written 30.1-26.2. it would have been correct.
Writing 27.2 as the end date is clearly wrong!
And since it was the mistake of EW to specify the date correctly, I also demand my due reward!!!

EW can see it who on 27.2. still shot wolves and must add them to those counted in the event. And just have to book the items individually.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

EW could just put a count down timer event page. that way everyone knows and no excuses.

kjottkake1

Post by kjottkake1 »

Stop the whining people! We had plenty of time to finish, and we got loads of goods. We should all be happy
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I agree that having an stated hour for the end of the event would have avoided confusions, official competition have date and hour clearly stated, event could have it too, still is true that the event was 30 days, even was about to be cut to one week because that was all needed to reach the goal, there was a plenty of time to get 25 wolves so EW cant be accused of not provide enough time for it, still there is room for improvements on next events and consider the end date and how it should be stated.

In another topic still related to this event, i went to place some of my new towers and i saw a Black Bear, so i used my new .270 on it, bad decision, i forgot is not in the permitted list, and Doc nagged me, but look what he said as his opening words:

"Hiding in a tree and what do I see? An unpermitted Black Bear kill, shame on you!"

So i knew it! this old dude is a blatant stalker. Well next event is St. Patrick or i got the dates wrong?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Willandrew
Spotter

Post by Willandrew »

I'm not criticizing anyone, and Audrid seems to be taking it pretty well, but in every aspect of life ever, the last day listed on an event is included in the event. It very well may be a cultural difference thing similar to the way dates are listed, but it seems so strange to me that the 27th wouldnt be included. A music festival that goes from Saturday the 1st to Sunday the 2nd doesn't list "March 1-3!" on the flyer.

Anyway, good event, great rewards, party time.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

VonStratos wrote: i went to place some of my new towers and i saw a Black Bear, so i used my new .270 on it, bad decision, i forgot is not in the permitted list, and Doc nagged me, but look what he said as his opening words:

"Hiding in a tree and what do I see? An unpermitted Black Bear kill, shame on you!"

So i knew it! this old dude is a blatant stalker. Well next event is St. Patrick or i got the dates wrong?
Not as much a stalker as a voyeur. :lol:
-
a person who enjoys seeing the pain or distress of others.
"a voyeur of death"

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DeadClopz wrote:
VonStratos wrote: i went to place some of my new towers and i saw a Black Bear, so i used my new .270 on it, bad decision, i forgot is not in the permitted list, and Doc nagged me, but look what he said as his opening words:

Not as much a stalker as a voyeur. :lol:
-
a person who enjoys seeing the pain or distress of others.
"a voyeur of death"

But he also send you creepy letters almost saying "i'm watching what you did" this dude is a little more than some average voyeur. :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”