Doc Themed Wolf Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
chewik
Outfitter

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by chewik »

Kal wrote:Well that is disappointing if the event ended on the 26th, as the banner clearly stated it ran to the 27th
It depends on You location. The time is related to the local time zone, in this case Sweden. So 27.2. 00.00 h is still just 26.2. 4.00 - 8.00 pm for US or Canada.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Kal wrote:
Audrid wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:This was your 25th wolf. You missed the deadline.

Time of Harvest: 2019-02-27 00:06 EST
Well that's infuriatingly close. Is it common to list the day after the event ends in the banner?

@Kal: Looks like you might have been in the same boat as me.
Well that is disappointing if the event ended on the 26th, as the banner clearly stated it ran to the 27th

It did run until the 27th. As you can see, your harvest was 6 minutes into the 27th.
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Hawkeye wrote:
Kal wrote:
Audrid wrote: Well that's infuriatingly close. Is it common to list the day after the event ends in the banner?

Well that is disappointing if the event ended on the 26th, as the banner clearly stated it ran to the 27th

It did run until the 27th. As you can see, your harvest was 6 minutes into the 27th.
It surely did but one would expect the 27th is included. That logic is common also in real life, not only in this game. If you have to pay the bill and deadline is the 27th it means the 27th is the last day you can do it.
It was a fail, you're right, guys, it is disappointing.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
Kal

Post by Kal »

Hawkeye wrote:
Kal wrote:
Audrid wrote: Well that's infuriatingly close. Is it common to list the day after the event ends in the banner?

using that logic this coming two day weekend runs from the 2nd March to the 4th March :?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Guys it is a shame that you missed out, but it did run for the correct times and you also had 30 days to get 25 wolves. I suggest next time, if time allows you do not wait until so close to the end of the event to avoid disappointment in the future.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Kal wrote:Well that is disappointing if the event ended on the 26th, as the banner clearly stated it ran to the 27th
What time zone are you in. It ended early on the 27th Central European Time. I think there was enough time for everyone, unless you just returned from a trip to the south pole.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

I have in the last hunt on 27.2. at 2:55 o'clock the last two wolves were shot. The banner was still there! And if there is until the 27th it has to go until the 27th and not end on the 26th 23:59, but either on the 27th 23:59 or on the 27th 8 o'clock or so.

It can not be like that! If you make the mistake, then you have to announce that better!
Every other competition goes on until the early morning! And if it's 27th it's always included!

Then at least so accommodating and book it for me!
Have so regularly shot 25!

Kal

Post by Kal »

HooCairs wrote:
What time zone are you in. It ended early on the 27th Central European Time. I think there was enough time for everyone, unless you just returned from a trip to the south pole.
East coast Australia, so many hours ahead of sweden. Infact, to play with my US friends Friday night it is already Saturday lunch time for me.
Kal

Post by Kal »

TreeKiwi wrote:Guys it is a shame that you missed out, but it did run for the correct times and you also had 30 days to get 25 wolves. I suggest next time, if time allows you do not wait until so close to the end of the event to avoid disappointment in the future.
January 30th to February 27th is 29 days if you include both January 30th and February 27th, not 30 days. However, since it was not inclusive of February 27th it was actually 28 days.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Sheldon wrote:And if there is until the 27th it has to go until the 27th and not end on the 26th 23:59, but either on the 27th 23:59 or on the 27th 8 o'clock or so.
I agree. If an event ends on 27 February and no time is specified, then it should include that entire day (CET). Otherwise the end should have been announced as 26 February 23:59 (CET). Without the specification of a time, it is assumed that the end is 23:59 on the announced end date.

In future I suggest the inclusion of start and end times and, even though it's obvious, the time zone in Stockholm.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”