Doc Themed Wolf Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
thehammer223
Tracker

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by thehammer223 »

fantamichele wrote:Guys someone can help Ahmed who is in trouble with the wolves, has only one catch and can not take the items as a gift :D

I had the same problem my first hunt for them. I started at the everfall lodge but in one hour I killed like 2 wolves. You have to start at goldhorn pass and head to the bottom of the river at 7:30, so start the game at 7:00 am. Just walk, not run, along the river with a high caliber rifle and you should get 4-5 wolves in an hour and a half game time. Never hunt past 9:00 unless you are in the mecca. That is what I did and in 6 hunts, I had 28 wolves bagged. Also, don't shoot at par elk and mule deer and bear otherwise you might get only 2 or 3 per hunt. Hope this helped.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
khavy
Tracker

Post by khavy »

Got only 6 wolves in the last 4 hunts... depressing!
Used to bag 10/15 per hunt... (i mostly never hunt more than 2hr)... trying to get atleast some elk, nothing, only females, the seldom males get chased away from the rare lone wolf... ruined map for me!
Was my fav! had a lot of treestands, towers! Can take all away now T.T
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

khavy wrote:Got only 6 wolves in the last 4 hunts... depressing!
Used to bag 10/15 per hunt... (i mostly never hunt more than 2hr)... trying to get atleast some elk, nothing, only females, the seldom males get chased away from the rare lone wolf... ruined map for me!
The best advice for hunting wolves is to avoid the areas with elk! Hunt wolves south of the river that crosses the map. Wolves chase elk all the time, but if there is no elk, they behave normal.

See also here: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=79959
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Along the river south is plenty of wolves.
khavy
Tracker

Post by khavy »

HooCairs wrote:
khavy wrote:Got only 6 wolves in the last 4 hunts... depressing!
The best advice for hunting wolves is to avoid the areas with elk! Hunt wolves south of the river that crosses the map. Wolves chase elk all the time, but if there is no elk, they behave normal.

See also here: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=79959
Yes i know... have 5 towers anf blind treestands all along the southern river to the tent i have right to the bridge where the rivers cross... almost no wolves, had 2 hunts just now... must sy first time i actually saw a group with more than 4 wolves, got some strays... pretty bad, there are some elks now, females where there werent before... and much less mule deer... i always hunted mule togheter with wolves... but even those are reduced

All i seee since the change is:
1- Less and badder quality mules(always saw atleast a 200 if not more)
2- Lots of female elks almost no males
3- bears are the same (2 to 4 per hunt)
4- 80% less wolves

Bighorn and chickens i didn't check jet... do all animals spawn somewhere else??? Don't know...
HogSqueak
Tracker

Post by HogSqueak »

If we reach 100k will we get something special?
:D
Inkslinger98
Tracker

Post by Inkslinger98 »

All these folks saying the wolf pop now is to low. the comp for combined weight of all wolves from a single hunt hasn't changed. about the same time and weight.
P4nadol

Post by P4nadol »

We need harvest 10000-50000 wolfs for prize's. I dont understand can you guys teachme.(sorry for my bad english)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

P4nadol wrote:We need harvest 10000-50000 wolfs for prize's. I dont understand can you guys teachme.(sorry for my bad english)
We, the community , needed to reach the goal of 50 000+ killed Wolves , for the population to drop and to get the prizes .
You , the player , needed to kill 25+ Wolves to be eligible for these prizes .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

P4nadol

Post by P4nadol »

DYEUZ wrote:
P4nadol wrote:We need harvest 10000-50000 wolfs for prize's. I dont understand can you guys teachme.(sorry for my bad english)
We, the community , needed to reach the goal of 50 000+ killed Wolves , for the population to drop and to get the prizes .
You , the player , needed to kill 25+ Wolves to be eligible for these prizes .
Thank you very much. I just understand. :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”