The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by TreeKiwi »

Doc Themed Wolf Event

“Howdy Hunters!

Doc here, I have heard reports about the wolf population in Timbergold’s starting to get
out of hand, so I went and took a look myself, you guys were not kidding! They need thinning
out a little, not only for the benefit of the other species in the area, but to insure we do not
get a disease outbreak amongst the packs. So I am reaching out to all hunters in the EHR for
your help to bring the population back inline. As a collective community I need you to shoot
every damn wolf you see, bring their tails in as proof and as the population comes down, you
will all be rewarded in stages, with some great prizes. To make things a bit easier for you all,
I have had some sound technicians put together a new E-call that attracts wolves!

Good luck to you all and thanks in advance.”

You read that right hunters, it is time to do something about the wolf population once and for all.
Collectively as a community if you manage to meet the goals Doc has set, not only will you be
rewarded with some great prizes, but the wolf population will be reduced in Timbergold Trails, FOR GOOD!

There is now a new E-Call that can be purchased in the store and when used in conjunction
with the “Shockwave’ Electronic caller it can be used to call in wolves. This should make
things easier and I would imagine ambushing them as a team, would be a good way to thin
those packs out!

The goals that Doc has set out and the rewards are as follows:

Depending what Milestone you reach, will depend on how much the wolf population will be reduced
by. For example, If you manage to meet the 'Legend' tier, the population will be reduced by half for
good and this is the maximum amount that the population will be changed!
As the Milestones are reached, wolves will disappear from the banner in the launcher, which can
also be clicked on to read more information. There is also a visual counter that can be found in
the top right of the launcher, that indicates how many wolves have been harvested.

Prizes get unlocked at the end of the event, tier prizes stack, so if the community reaches the Legend
Tier, you will receive all the prizes that are on offer for all the other tiers under it as well.

To qualify for the prizes you must harvest at least 25 wolves, Doc doesn’t like freeloaders!

Good luck all and have fun!
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this new event EW Team :)
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Interesting, might have to fire up TGT ;)
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

So if I understand correctly if the community as a whole kills 50,000 wolves, every play who has at least 25 kills gets the .270 and 2 towers?

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

nice event 8-)
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Oooh, this should be fun.

Gonna have to refresh myself on Timbergold, though. Haven’t been on it in a while.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Wow. I just might have to catch the next plane back from my safari to Vurhonga in Africa, to help out here.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

XxStrong1xX wrote:So if I understand correctly if the community as a whole kills 50,000 wolves, every play who has at least 25 kills gets the .270 and 2 towers?
That is correct, this is a competition for all!
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

TreeKiwi wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:So if I understand correctly if the community as a whole kills 50,000 wolves, every play who has at least 25 kills gets the .270 and 2 towers?
That is correct, this is a competition for all!
Awesome!!! I'm liking this alot! Hope this indicates a new directions for future events! 8-)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
TheColton

Post by TheColton »

Thats a great event! Will there be an updated wolf-kill-counter somewhere during the event that we can follow? I guess people
only get the rewards for the highest goal accomplished at the end of the event or will there be rewards for every tier when we reach it?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”