Doc Themed Wolf Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by VonStratos »

I saw smaller packs, and lone wolves, other people commented the same around the time the change was made, i dont rule out there are still large packs, but i dont think they are as many as before, this of course would be a hard thing to prove because every hunt is different, and a bad spawn may bias the opinion in one or other way, something i can say for sure is that i saw wolves in all the places were i found them before the changes, so i doubt devs changed the or limited the spawn places, but i found wolves walking in couples or alone, and of course chasing the elks even with carcasses right next to them.

This theme about the population will need some time maybe the whole season for the community form a more well based opinion, after all the opinion that the wolves were too many wasn't made from day to night, but imo the problem has never been the amount, but the behavior of the wolves. After all if you see a precious 400+ Elk chased non stop by wolves next to a carcass is not really relevant if is one or six in the pack, the problem is the chasing.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Thanks for the observations guys. Maybe i can see a difference for myself and the map is more enjoyable finally :)
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

In my opinion they are a little bit less.
Magic1765

Post by Magic1765 »

The population of wolves has dropped so extremely that its almost a pain to hunt them now, if you look at a real place (Mid Canada for example) wolf packs can range 50+ animals, understanding that this is a game and that would be rough on...well everything having many packs of 5 or so like you used too would be much more realistic, and rewarding. Hunting before the cull was a much more realistic hunting experience, as in reality wolves are INCREDIBLY overpopulated due to man made paths, and are also extremely common because of this. to summarize the wolves on the map could be "overpopulated" because of the roads and paths allowing them to travel miles, even with pups, in days instead of weeks.

To fix the issue with everything else being underpopulated you could simply increase their spawn rate instead of taking away a large portion of the wolves. Which happen to be my choice animal along with MANY other people i know, not to mention with the new free model they would be a much more sought after animal simply to earn gm (which are ridiculously worthless, i find myself grinding mission just to not drop another $10-$20 on the game)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

The problem was that the wolves population before pretty much ruined the hunting of mules and elk. Would have been better to just remove the chasing aspect like was done with the coyotes that caused so many problems.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Magic1765 wrote:The population of wolves has dropped so extremely that its almost a pain to hunt them now, if you look at a real place (Mid Canada for example) wolf packs can range 50+ animals, understanding that this is a game and that would be rough on...well everything having many packs of 5 or so like you used too would be much more realistic, and rewarding. Hunting before the cull was a much more realistic hunting experience, as in reality wolves are INCREDIBLY overpopulated due to man made paths, and are also extremely common because of this. to summarize the wolves on the map could be "overpopulated" because of the roads and paths allowing them to travel miles, even with pups, in days instead of weeks.

To fix the issue with everything else being underpopulated you could simply increase their spawn rate instead of taking away a large portion of the wolves. Which happen to be my choice animal along with MANY other people i know, not to mention with the new free model they would be a much more sought after animal simply to earn gm (which are ridiculously worthless, i find myself grinding mission just to not drop another $10-$20 on the game)
The grind is in the game to make you spend the money to avoid the grind. You will get better packs in COTW and the new Yukon reserve I believe. Classic has some severr limitations.
I can still find them but feels like every species could get a bump up in numbers. I have more issues with big horns. Their odd sounds make it hard to sneak up on them and it would be nice if they made noises besides when fighting from time to time.
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

The wolves operation was just the greatest example of collective idiocy devs and players all passionately together ...
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It has led to some cool events though. Elk, mule and bears is in other reserves if you want easier standhunting.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

MaxVe wrote:The wolves operation was just the greatest example of collective idiocy devs and players all passionately together ...
There has to be removed the wolves chasing system, and decreased their spawn numbers, but it wasnt a bad event after all.
I think there are far worse changes/andditions they made to the game in the last two years.
Last edited by 1Al on June 23rd, 2019, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Now we need a increase in wolves and carcasses that attracts more wolves and grizzly. Ideally the player would himself create these honeytraps. Would also help with tracking. Say 2h after you killed an animal the crows would start circling. Dislike the carcasses just make sure you make doc happy :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”