Doc Themed Wolf Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
khavy
Tracker

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by khavy »

Good to end it the 11Th!

BUT...

After the event, put atleast a 25% more wolfs back! I just finished 2 sessions... it's terrible! Map is barren!
50% reduction??? feels more like 80! on all species at that!!!

The only thing reduced are the number of packmembers! Not the pack themselves!
Like this, you still have a lot of packs (if you can call them that, wolves are alone or 2/3 togheter) that still bother you when hunting deer or elk ... and those are still to few for the map, it feels really barren now

Good event, good idea (moose un WR next please), but as i alredy said, to big a reduction!
elchelopapo

Post by elchelopapo »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback, after chatting with the team, we are going to leave the event open until 0900 CET, Monday the 11th of February to allow for players to get their 25 wolves harvested.

The goal was actually to reach the desired tiers and when that was done, the event effectively would stop, as there is nothing left to strive for. In a boxing match you might have 10 rounds to beat your opponent, but if you knock him out in the second round, the match is over. You guys knocked this event out! Like mentioned earlier, we are not always going to be able to please everyone, but we hear you loud and clear and have decided not to close it for a week, as a compromise.

However the next event will be time and goal based, if the event goals get met or the time expires, the event will be over.

Cheers all!

excellent desicion, support in every way
and this speaks of how human they are as people who are also wrong and know how to recognize their mistakes.
On the other hand, that of the next event ends when the time is finished or when the goal is met it would be great.

PS: do not forget what I proposed earlier in this thread ...
It is as much a proposal for the community as for the staff members.
Open your minds and put that imagination to fly.

I throw them one way !!!
100 thousand mushrooms and collectibles until the end of the year "antlers do not count"
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TreeKiwi wrote:Thanks for the feedback, after chatting with the team, we are going to leave the event open until 0900 CET, Monday the 11th of February to allow for players to get their 25 wolves harvested.
Since the outcome of the event has already been determined, is it a big deal to just leave it running until the end of the month as originally advertised? I don't think anyone expects the end result to change, regardless of how many wolves are harvested. Is it just to limit the amount of prizes being issued, or is there another reason? I'm just curious. You mentioned earlier in the thread that people have gone nuts for this event, some even re-subscribing just to take part. It therefore seems a little short-sighted to suddenly cut it short. Besides, it would be interesting to see just how many wolves are harvested in a month.

Start and end dates are important in competitions and events. They allow people to plan their time and strategies. Making sudden changes, even for reasons you may consider justifiable, will lead people to think the same could happen in any future event.

People might seem happy or grateful that you've agreed to extend the end date to next week, but that's only because it's a vast improvement over this morning's original proposed change. But it's not as good as what was originally advertised. The professional thing to do, in my opinion, is revert back to the original plan, in doing so reassuring people that changing dates won't become a habit.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

Changing the date would not be fair to most of the weekend players. I for one feel you posted a timeline you should stick to it.
Bratiszka

Post by Bratiszka »

TreeKiwi wrote:However the next event will be time and goal based, if the event goals get met or the time expires, the event will be over.
Sounds fair
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Excellent news from EW, it would be enough to be clear to avoid any misunderstanding.
I would also like to point out that events must relate to hunting, since this is a hunting game, and not collecting.
lx188
Scout

Post by lx188 »

and what now wolfs is already harvestet 50t?! now just whaiting for 27Feb?! or what?! i dont understand nothing now :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Xtron wrote:It could have been so damn simple! There had to be 1 sentence for clarity in the announcement: "Once the goal is reached, the competition is over".
ET VOILÀ !!!!!
Simple simple simple !!! :shock:

EW was caught by surprise and thought we were going to take ages to do this . They forgot about the grinders in this community i guess .

Then , to suddenly change the date , imo , is not right . Like someone said , morally wrong .
The example with a boxing match is so wrong / bad . :lol:

We need to remember one thing guys , simple and clear , ain't EW's forte !

Well done to the community btw , for reaching that goal in a lightning way ! :)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

BigGameHunter_21 wrote:I've purchased the wolf call for the electric caller and it doesn't show any wolf option to use :/ Anybody know why this is happening? Just trying to smack some wolves for the event.
You have to buy the caller add-on for like 98 $em. Hope this helps, if nobody else has helped you.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
Alderman

Post by Alderman »

So am I getting this right?

Instead of having 23 more days with "used to be" population of the wolves in TGT to get 25 of them, EW now grants me generously one more week with the 50% reduced population to get those 25?

According to the introduction of this beforehand absolute great event, this decision "oh you've been so quick, now let's let it end....what about in two days?.....nah OK....next week!" is complete utter rubbish imho!
There was neither one word in the intial description that event will end when the final tier is reached nor that the population will be reduced immediately after each of the tiers has been reached.

I'm very disappointed by that b**ls**t communication...

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”