Doc Themed Wolf Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by rhapsodaisical »

TreeKiwi wrote:Howdy all,

Well I'll be! You guys either really didn't like those wolves, or the rewards on offer was enough to lure even the most rogue hunters out from their cabins.

Either way, I have to thank you on how efficient you all were and the numbers of wolves on Timbergold's is now back down to a more manageable population.
As a reflection of that, I am sure you will see more mule and elk around now. Your rewards will be handed out when the event closes, which we have had to bring forward a little, on the count of you being so efficient.

I am so happy with the results of this community effort, that I have some other tasks I will need a hand with later down the line. But I will be sure to get in touch when the time comes.

Many thanks,

Doc

What can I say... you guys absolutely lapped that event up!

Thanks so much to everyone that participated, the feedback on the event has been overwhelmingly positive.

We are going to close the event 9am CET, Wednesday the 6th of February. Which gives anyone who might have not anticipating the event to end so fast, the chance to get their 25 wolves over the next 40ish hours.

The animal Populations in Timbergold have now been changed as well, and like promised we will be monitoring the changes to see how the community are liking them.

I am looking forward to the next event, we have taken on peoples feedback around populations and we are confident that we have found a good solution.

Many thanks,

TK and the Classic team.
I hope you realise there is a big part of the community that have full time jobs. Making a public announcement for an event lasting a month you cannot cut short so quick. That you guys misjudged a time for an event fair enough, but give your fans some time to complete this or dont bother and award the people the rewards regardless.
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

Thanks for this event EW, I really liked it and so are the rewards!
Spoiler:
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Xtron wrote:6 February closing the event suddenly??? That is an ridiculous decision.
Sorry that you feel this way,

Leaving it open is a little bit redundant and now that the goals have been reached, players deserve their rewards. We are not going to be able to please everyone, but we have left it open for an extra few days, just because it was achieved so fast. But it is also not fair to the players that have helped to reach the goal, that we keep it open too long. There will be other events like this and next time the goals will be, revised.

TK
I had several young players on my server today, all paying members, kids who have little time (school) and often little experience and money, who are really looking forward to get the items that they can't afford and who struggled to get even more than 10 wolves so far and I can just feel their pain once they get a rude awakening, victims of the mistakes of others and as a parent I will feel their disappointment and will understand their anger. This decision is just morally wrong.

YOU guys made the mistake, YOU guys needs to see sit on the blisters! You could have known that something like this could happen, that we would be done in a much shorter time and you should have been prepared for that, but you weren't and now you suddenly change the rules and let many players suffer? Wow... just wow... :|
TreeKiwi wrote:players deserve their rewards
Many of us are patient and are willing to wait for others who did(!) contribute to the 50,000 (which you like to ignore), but who didn't qualify yet.
TreeKiwi wrote:But it is also not fair to the players that have helped to reach the goal
In what way? We will get our items, all we have to do is wait. Big deal, it's not the end of the world, we already knew that we had to wait till February 27. I teach my kids to be patient when they get something for free. Changing the rules to suit your own needs and then trying to convince us that you're doing us favour? Yeah, tell that the players who are in for a shocker.
TreeKiwi wrote:There will be other events like this
Tell that the kids that struggled for a week to qualify and who wasted all their efforts.

PS: sorry that I also happen to care about others, instead of just myself.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

TreeKiwi wrote:
But it is also not fair to the players that have helped to reach the goal.

The goal was up to the 25th of Feb. Nothing changes. It feels EW wants to get done w the event rather that give everyone a chance. I mean< there seems ot be a lot done "on a whim" with EW and sometimes thats fun and works out, other times it doenst work. But right now you chance the rules of the game/contest mid contest. Yes EW is in control, but its still a weird decision to leave a lot of players out of something that had been offered under different rules/circumstances. bad decision
Buck1122334

Post by Buck1122334 »

So do we get a tent camping supplies tree stand gun 2 towers and other stuff if we killed 25 wolves? Thanks in advance
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback, after chatting with the team, we are going to leave the event open until 0900 CET, Monday the 11th of February to allow for players to get their 25 wolves harvested.

The goal was actually to reach the desired tiers and when that was done, the event effectively would stop, as there is nothing left to strive for. In a boxing match you might have 10 rounds to beat your opponent, but if you knock him out in the second round, the match is over. You guys knocked this event out! Like mentioned earlier, we are not always going to be able to please everyone, but we hear you loud and clear and have decided not to close it for a week, as a compromise.

However the next event will be time and goal based, if the event goals get met or the time expires, the event will be over.

Cheers all!
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Ta for the concession. I still dont understand why the shortening of the event.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

TreeKiwi wrote:we are going to leave the event open until 0900 CET, Monday the 11th of February to allow for players to get their 25 wolves harvested.
Nice decision, thanks for them :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

great decision. :D
Xtron
Scout

Post by Xtron »

It could have been so damn simple! There had to be 1 sentence for clarity in the announcement: "Once the goal is reached, the competition is over".

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”