Doc Themed Wolf Event

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Doc Themed Wolf Event

Post by TreeKiwi »

caledonianblues wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Maybe I didn't explain how the population will change properly, if the highest tier is not met, the population will still change. The only way it does not change is if no tiers are met. The population will only get lowered by half if the top goal gets met, but remember that is the max goal and for every tier that is is achieved, a percentage of the population will get reduced.
If this information had been available from the start, it would have eliminated the need for speculating.
Sorry I had written "Depending what Milestone you reach, will depend on how much the wolf population will be reduced
by." I can make that clearer.
caledonianblues wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Nothing to do with game design this one, strictly a new style of event to try :)
Changing populations is a game design decision. You can wrap an event around it but the underlying decision still affects game design.
Well then what I will say, is that the primary goal was not game design focused, but community and new competition focused. To make a themed event with a bit of character that people can relate with and engaged in, an event that allows the community to influence a part of the game. The outcome will change part of the design around TGT populations, but the outcome was decided so we can make a cool new event, not we need X outcome so lets make an event around it.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

BigGameHunter_21 wrote:I've purchased the wolf call for the electric caller and it doesn't show any wolf option to use :/ Anybody know why this is happening? Just trying to smack some wolves for the event.
You must first place the recall and then press B
mikerolf1
Spotter

Post by mikerolf1 »

Do you join this event on the competition page?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

mikerolf1 wrote:Do you join this event on the competition page?
Everyone is automatically enrolled :) You just need to shoot 25 wolves to qualify for the prizes.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

This is stupid. You are going to start catering the game to the people who whine, complain, and throw tantrums the most. What's next? You going to start doing events to eliminate ptarmagens, geese, or any of the other species some people want to whine and complain about.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

JamboWhoDat wrote:This is stupid. You are going to start catering the game to the people who whine, complain, and throw tantrums the most. What's next? You going to start doing events to eliminate ptarmagens, geese, or any of the other species some people want to whine and complain about.
Stay out of this WhoDat..... I vote for both geese and ptarmigans :D
Spoiler:
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thank you ! I start right now...
mikerolf1
Spotter

Post by mikerolf1 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
mikerolf1 wrote:Do you join this event on the competition page?
Everyone is automatically enrolled :) You just need to shoot 25 wolves to qualify for the prizes.
Thank you
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Good stuff TK! I will get in on the wolf killin myself!

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

My crystal ball has shown me something...... cloudy at first but ......yes I see it..... the wolf poulation must drop as the Cougar will roam the high north and hills of TGT !!!! Heres wishing anyway :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”