Game Update - 10th December 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Nockedup
Hunter

Re: Game Update - 10th December 2018

Post by Nockedup »

Zycho wrote:Short question: Is it now possible to use the vehicle while being in a competition? Or does the vehicle not work? Or does the competition not work? And on all maps?
Short answer: No, it is not possible to use your vehicle if you are enrolled in an active competition. I also noticed that even if you try to use your vehicle on a reserve that has nothing to do with the competitions you are in, the game will not allow you to use your vehicle.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

Nockedup wrote:
Zycho wrote:Short question: Is it now possible to use the vehicle while being in a competition? Or does the vehicle not work? Or does the competition not work? And on all maps?
Short answer: No, it is not possible to use your vehicle if you are enrolled in an active competition. I also noticed that even if you try to use your vehicle on a reserve that has nothing to do with the competitions you are in, the game will not allow you to use your vehicle.
thanks for your answer! I hope they will fix this...it does not make any sense in my eyes. The nearby animals are spooked anyway so what?

Follow our crew on instagram
P*Funk
Spotter

Post by P*Funk »

I think its a reasonable limitation, they could just come up with a more elegant solution. "Warning, deploying your vehicle will cause any animals harvested during this hunt to not count toward active competitions" seems like a way simpler solution than "you can't use this thing at Hirschfelden because you're in a Mule Deer competition."
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

P*Funk wrote:I think its a reasonable limitation, they could just come up with a more elegant solution. "Warning, deploying your vehicle will cause any animals harvested during this hunt to not count toward active competitions" seems like a way simpler solution than "you can't use this thing at Hirschfelden because you're in a Mule Deer competition."
To much coding, as is, it just checks and sees if you have an active comp and doesn't let you deploy the jeep. Your way every comp would need to have extra code to check if you have a Jeep deployed or did anytime you were in the hunt. Or the client would need to be coded that once a jeep has been deployed all harvests after that point would need an additional tag that tells the comp not to count it, but still allow the animal to go into your stats.
To much could go wrong if it is made more complicated.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
P*Funk
Spotter

Post by P*Funk »

I mean if that's how you want to rationalize things, and around here it seems to be the standard sport to just try and assume every choice made was about minimizing every cost invested in coding anything, fine but I don't believe we can assume the coding would be all that complicated to do it differently. Knowing how complex it has to be would involve knowing how they've coded the underlying elements that check your harvests against competitions you're registered in. We can't know that and so we can't know how hard or easy the coding would be.

Everyone around here takes this "they are cheaping out on everything" mentality to just assume a lot. Consider how little value a Jeep has to anyone who routinely runs comps basically every day they play. That's lost revenue too.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Who said anything about minimizing cost? I stated it would be to much coding and adding the complexity needed if possible, would probably cause other issues as well.
This game has had 10 years and many people working on it and there is no manual as to how everything works. So pretty much they have some things they do know how to do within the confines of the program, and the rest is trial and error. Since previous things like this (harvest an uncalled / spooked animal) have been done in the simplest way (if the client says it is currently happening don't count it, if it isn't happening now it is fine to count) they do not want to do it otherwise.
Giving the jeep away with 6 moth membership is a tell that they do not think it has much value, and are just using it to extend memberships. Sure they will pick up additional sales with the bundle, and to those that don't know the limitations, but I don't think they are losing many sales.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

ronMctube wrote:ive noticed yesterday that even though 144hz is selected ingame when i check my monitor its only 60hz in fullscreen mode. all other ways work with 144hz. not full screen without v sync. only stays at 60 regardless of selecting 144hz. none of my other games do this only theHunter Classic.
Hey Ron,

Every time I start a hunt (3440x1440 @ 100Hz) I need to:

1. This is a must: Push (ALT + Enter) - The image is wrong and can clearly be seen on the huntermate, it's way too big. After pushing ALT + Enter this gets fixed and looks good and I have up to 100Hz.
2. This is optional: I can not (ALT + TAB) out to windows, I first need to push (ALT + Enter) then (ALT + TAB) to go out in windows.
3. This is optional: After doing step 2. above, and go back to theHunter (ALT + TAB) I never get 100Hz again, the game is locked at max 60 FPS, and I see tearing very often.

So this is why I can not go out in windows while playing this game, and I can not (optional of course) stream on Twitch either due to this.
I think it has something to do with my 21:9 resolution. With my previous monitor 2560x1440 I had no problems with this. I think 2560x1440 is max for this game (and some other games), and runing in a 16:9 scale is more gamevise ;)
I guess you are having a 4k monitor, just throw it out your window and this problem is maybe gone for sure ;)

Good Luck, have a Happy Hunt :D

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Pretty_Boy wrote:Good Luck, have a Happy Hunt :D
Hi Pretty_Boy, I followed your advice to see the game in 21: 9 and it worked great.
I thought the game was only 4: 3 but it is not. I insert two images to point out the difference, the first image is with resolution 1920 x 1080 in 4: 3, the second image is with resolution 3440 x 1440 in 21: 9, I think there is a little bit of difference.
Thanks for the advice, it was much appreciated. ;)
The two images were taken from the same distance, with 21: 9 we see much more than in 4: 3

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

fantamichele wrote:The two images were taken from the same distance, with 21: 9 we see much more than in 4: 3
Once you go 21:9 you can never go back :)
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

caledonianblues wrote:
fantamichele wrote:The two images were taken from the same distance, with 21: 9 we see much more than in 4: 3
Once you go 21:9 you can never go back :)
You're right, I have this monitor for 2 years and I never knew I could put 21: 9 on TH classic, I'm dying to laugh (not to cry) :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”