Game Update - 10th December 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: Game Update - 10th December 2018

Post by Pretty_Boy »

caledonianblues wrote:Why not just use the back button on your mouse? I know that's making an assumption that you have one, but I think in your case that's a pretty safe bet.
Just for the jokes sake:
Spoiler:
I have a back button on several mouses, but assuming someone has a back button on a mouse that is connected to a computer, and at the same time be aware of its function, that's just too much! Luckily I'm very privileged being an engineer knowing, not only which mouse to click on, but also what buttons to push.

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

@Tod1d: no, the "Backspace" key is no more working, at least since 16Apr2018 (for me). That's in all the Launcher pages, excepted in the weekly pages "Game Update" and "Status Update" (where it still works... crossed fingers for it still will do).

I share what ronMctube has just observed about this drawback: that's really annoying in the Store section, as well as when browsing the "Competitions" section and the related details. What I used to do through a single key (before mid April), now needs a long and really tedius repetition of menu selections. :(

I thought this regression was bounded to a very limited number of players (I have read about it just in one other thread). I would have added it in "What is bugging you the most?", where it was not referred by anyone (but I joined this Forum only recently, and that thread was already locked).

@caledonianblues: of course, bread-crumbs (or cookie-crumbs :) ) at the page top would help; but I have understood from EW that the Launcher is a sore button in their game software, and that they are trying to not touch it unless really necessary; therefore I think, as ronMctube has said, that it should be much simpler to recover a website function that should be there as a very basic one (and was perfectly working until April, indeed), rather than to add/implement a new widget in the Launcher (which otherwise would be welcome).
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Hunt_Training wrote:I share what ronMctube has just observed about this drawback: that's really annoying in the Store section, as well as when browsing the "Competitions" section and the related details. What I used to do through a single key (before mid April), now needs a long and really tedius repetition of menu selections. :(

I thought this regression was bounded to a very limited number of players (I have read about it just in one other thread). I would have added it in "What is bugging you the most?", where it was not referred by anyone (but I joined this Forum only recently, and that thread was already locked).
was and is brought up by numerous ppl: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... er#p912501

still hoping that it gets an overhaul some day

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”