Server Maintenance Today - 2pm CET

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Server Maintenance Today - 2pm CET

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey all,

The server maintenance went well today, however the Stats will be offline until next week as we could not find the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but something to ease your mind, it appears that all the statistics are still being recorded, so nobody should lose anything!

Have a great weekend everyone!

TK
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

You don't think this is serious enough to warrant a bit of overtime? I realise it's Friday and people are entitled to enjoy their weekend, but for many players, the weekend is when they play the game. Classic isn't a Monday to Friday game. It's a live service and although being able to view hunt stats doesn't stop anyone from playing the game, it does impact and break other aspects of it. Community competitions for example. I know they're not the responsibility or concern of Expansive Worlds, but they're an important part of this community.

At the very least can you not consider rolling back the offending game patch? People suspected there would be issues when the Jeep arrived, and here we are. There are issues, and you guys are going home in about an hour. It might not be the Jeep that has caused this but however you look at it, we now have a Jeep, and we now have problems that are going to be left over a weekend.

I know overtime might not be your call Mat, and I realise this falls outside your remit, so this is not a criticism of you. But perhaps you can speak with the powers that be and emphasise the inconvenience of leaving something like this broken over a weekend.

Thanks.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all,

The server maintenance went well today, however the Stats will be offline until next week as we could not find the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but something to ease your mind, it appears that all the statistics are still being recorded, so nobody should lose anything!

Have a great weekend everyone!

TK
Totally agree...
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Tranar
Spotter

Post by Tranar »

I could not agree more with what caledonianblues said above. I know if this were to happen in my place of employment then going home would not be an option.

My issue right now it not that the stats are not showing but the fear that whatever I do till this is resolved may have to be "rolled back" if it is not a simple as you are thinking.

Just my two cents.
Der_Jo

Post by Der_Jo »

I want to start a Hunt but i only get a empty Page. Normally I should be able to choose the map here

EDIT:
I changed the language from german to english and now everythink is there :roll:
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

caledonianblues wrote:You don't think this is serious enough to warrant a bit of overtime? I realise it's Friday and people are entitled to enjoy their weekend, but for many players, the weekend is when they play the game. Classic isn't a Monday to Friday game. It's a live service and although being able to view hunt stats doesn't stop anyone from playing the game, it does impact and break other aspects of it. Community competitions for example. I know they're not the responsibility or concern of Expansive Worlds, but they're an important part of this community.

At the very least can you not consider rolling back the offending game patch? People suspected there would be issues when the Jeep arrived, and here we are. There are issues, and you guys are going home in about an hour. It might not be the Jeep that has caused this but however you look at it, we now have a Jeep, and we now have problems that are going to be left over a weekend.

I know overtime might not be your call Mat, and I realise this falls outside your remit, so this is not a criticism of you. But perhaps you can speak with the powers that be and emphasise the inconvenience of leaving something like this broken over a weekend.

Thanks.
Someone put this guy in charge! :) we need a person in charge with an attitude like this or else nothing will change :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Jhon wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:You don't think this is serious enough to warrant a bit of overtime? I realise it's Friday and people are entitled to enjoy their weekend, but for many players, the weekend is when they play the game. Classic isn't a Monday to Friday game. It's a live service and although being able to view hunt stats doesn't stop anyone from playing the game, it does impact and break other aspects of it. Community competitions for example. I know they're not the responsibility or concern of Expansive Worlds, but they're an important part of this community.

Thanks.
Someone put this guy in charge! :) we need a person in charge with an attitude like this or else nothing will change :lol:
100% agree with that. It is a shame that EW simply walks away from such an issue. It makes no sense at all. My fear deep down is that; I think they have messed up the stat data and need time to break it to us gently. I hope I'm wrong. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Rozete
Tracker

Post by Rozete »

just checked my last hunt in expedition analyser at uhcapps site. all seems fine, except for present$ - they show up as various types of fly amanitas. link to scoresheet also works..
Spoiler:
i assume submissions to community comps will go through, no? all data are there, just are not displayed in the hunter web..
Spoiler:
Tranar
Spotter

Post by Tranar »

After this server fix I am now not able to access my trophy lodges. If anyone else also seeing this?

This is both through the game and the website.
Lindenborn
Tracker

Post by Lindenborn »

Tranar wrote:After this server fix I am now not able to access my trophy lodges. If anyone else also seeing this?

This is both through the game and the website.
My trophy lodge is bonkers and no in game sound here. Also trying to get in game and join game is missing and some single player options as well...of course I filled my feeders and renewed my 6 month membership before I checked in game oh my!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”