Game Update - 29th November 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Corbeau

Re: Game Update - 29th November 2018

Post by Corbeau »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Corbeau wrote:Since the last patch, the start time does not work well. For example the start time in Hemmeldal will be always 18h00 even if you choose 09h00 or 10h00 or 16h00...
For competitions it's really a pain on the neck, since 18h00 is nearly the end of the hunting day.
Hey Coureau,

This should only be happening on Hemmeldal and it has been done for the Christmas event, please let me know if it is happening on other reserves.

Cheers,

TK
I am engaged in the competition "Tiny wings" for willow ptarmigans and of course you can just hunt in Hemmeldal. This competition is not finished and it does not work anymore. The number of attempts is totally blocked. It would have been nice to wait the end of the competition before to do the Christmas event.

In answer to your question, it seems to me that the other reserves are OK with a correct start time.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Why stop the Jeep from WRR? You have neutered the use of it to the bone so it is only good for tooling around and placing items and not actualy hunting, why not let it be used in the location that could do with some transport?
Thanks, ~Jeff

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this game update.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hopefully some had a chance to run around WRR with the jeep- it actually worked really well. I knew they would kill it so was happy to get a chance to try it and there's nothing wrong actually driving the jeep around, it was really easy, maybe easiest of them all. I think the reason it's getting cut is for some perceived hunting advantage possibly. I was able to chase down and drive over a polar bear and rabbits - don't know about anything else. Actually, a bison or bear should be able to turn on you, rip your jeep up and eat you, no problem. If you've ever had a pack of bison attack you in a tripod for example, it could be like that, where if you get to close to the herd they become the hunter.

btw- going off frozen waterfalls was awesome :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I think they stopped its use on WRR not because it didnt work but because with the wide open topography it worked TO WELL. To easy to chase animals with it making it rife for exploitation. Pitty though for those of use that chose not to exploit the game. It would have been nice to use on such a large rez.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Radamus wrote:I think the reason it's getting cut is for some perceived hunting advantage possibly.
I drove around in WRR and couldn't see how the vehicle could possibly be exploited. The reason for WRR and PB to be excluded could be the lack of roads in both reserves. Not saying that would make sense to me, prohibiting an off-road vehicle in reserves with no roads.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

Maybe EW need to sort out the problem they have made with last patch, i thought you test the items before releasing them to check on problems, looks like you just gave us all the finger no hunt sheet info any more, we can't submit score sheets for comps, what a joke this game is now, time to put the money and time into playing other games now and what's with all the invalid user's yet more coding been messed up.
Last edited by dj.p.king on November 30th, 2018, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I agree, I don't see how you could exploit it and as for roads? OK, so the next option would be a snowcat or tracks on the jeep to make it slower? WRR is a run-n-gun reserve anyway. I had never done that anywhere before but what's the point of not running? any other reserve you can't see what you can't see but that's not the case for WRR.

Now if they had presented THIS (see video) as an example of why it doesn't work well then I would concede, but as we have proven the jeep worked just fine in the snow.

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

anyone else getting "lost conn" since the update? Done 5 hunts got it on 3 of them.
ballester_molina
Spotter

Post by ballester_molina »

Since update doesn't work statistics like "last hunt" and "hunt history", you'd better toxidermize your trophies in game(during your hunt) .

http://prntscr.com/lp0984

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”