Holiday Event 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Re: Holiday Event 2018

Post by ApolloCreed »

BCKidd wrote:I think next year the community should come up with our own Xmas event- these ones that EW puts on aren't for a lot of us. A community comp with extravagant prizes topped with fair amount of EM$ would probably go over well, and be more realistic than what we are faced with, with every EW event. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Wishful holiday thinking. This game, and it's forum are similar to the same types of things players said way more than a decade ago on several platforms, including the once famous MySpace. From a business standpoint, you keep adding small changes and events, picking up some money...after years though, nothing brings in players interests like before, because nothing is of value to the player anymore. Too often after time, companies put so much effort into discounts for new players, and yet failing to please the old money spenders. New players are vital. Without them, games fade away. I've been involved in at least 20 games at a high level in this millennium, with myself being a top player, or THE top player in a handful of those games. I've spent many many $$$ getting there, way more than probably most people reading this, and that "wide eyed" emoji would be the reaction if people actually knew the amount. My spending cooled off when I realized my entertainment costs were wasteful. In the end, companies stopped pleasing veteran players, and went for new players with the bulk of their efforts, and in ways that hurt the veteran players. There needs to be a balance, but I've yet to see it after 16 years of online gaming. In the end, all of those games are defunct, gone, deleted, and so are many of the companies.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
P*Funk
Spotter

Post by P*Funk »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
P*Funk wrote:I've never seen you in one of them.
Are you giving me a hard time because I've been an intermittent participant in this game rather than a die hard never leave over the last 10 years?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

P*Funk wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
P*Funk wrote:I've never seen you in one of them.
Are you giving me a hard time because I've been an intermittent participant in this game rather than a die hard never leave over the last 10 years?
Not giving you a hard time. Just commenting on your suggestion about a community event that suggested there are none now. Pointed out there are many. Look under Competitions thread which you could see intermittently or every day. :D

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I would really hate to be EW and see what is being said since it is totally a no win situation.

A vehicle has been asked for since the early stages of the game and after all this time they finally do it and it isn't good enough. Some want more range and others don't want it in the game at all. Someone isn't going to be happy ;)
I got a free one since I needed to renew anyway, used it once to check it out and may never use it again. Could they have used the time to fix issues that bother me, of course they could but I am not the only player and I understand they need to address others as well.

With this event they created it is brought up that presents should not outweigh actual hunting animals.
So they change it so harvesting animals is more productive than just running around grabbing presents.

Now someone uses a game mechanics that has been here before the baiting change, and made more productive with it to those that do the research and it is now no good either.

There were complaints that the baiting wasn't working (which it wasn't), then it was totally reworked and more complaints that you couldn't just sit at a barrel the entire hunt and have them come in the entire time since after the first shot attraction dropped right off instead of after the hunt ended.

Personally I think the way they work is fine and I do long hunts. I may start at a barrel travel all over the map and then maybe return and see if anything came back. Now it does make it so you can still do what you always did, just can do it faster (30 minutes instead of a few days).

This is a video game and the gamers will always have an advantage over the non-gamer. The ones that invest the most time and are more efficient will have an advantage over those that don't. I guess they could set limits of some sort but once you do you also limit others that compete now. Someone or many someones will always be unhappy, the trick is to try and make the most happy and go from there. Offering a wider variety is the safest way to try and appease as many as possible.

I am a veteran since before the game was released and I still find it enjoyable. I really don't care how everyone else plays their game, only what I get out of it. Are there things I don't like, Sure. Never liked the climbing, needing water or the right clothes to keep from overheating or freezing, needing med kits because you die when you fall to fast/far ... but I play around these things and still enjoy what I do like. I didn't want MP because of what was lost because of it, but still have a lesser version of sp to play. I didn't like we lost the customizable webpage because of it and being added to Steam. The game has evolved and I along with it and there is still enough I enjoy to still keep playing it. I don't play it everyday as I did way back, but it is still worth the money to me and I enjoy it when I do.

Is the gingerbread rifle silly, sure is but it doesn't change my game. I liked the Halloween event, did the missions, got another version of a weapon I already had, killed a couple of WW's and stuck one in my trophy room. It was something different for a change and when it was over I was back to what I always do.

For this event I have been trying to get an entry in each comp, and will do the missions to try and get the scent eliminator and save some gm$. If I do great, if I don't oh well no big deal, I still can play as I want for my enjoyment.

This has always been a hunting game and not a sim thankfully. The best hunting game in my opinion and I have played them all since DH1. This is entertainment, not a how too, not a gospel or a holy grail, or a soap box to make a statement about world issues, it is a game that happens to be centered about hunting.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
skay3

Post by skay3 »

Good morning, today the mission or competition has not left ...

a greeting
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Mission seems to be taking awhile to pop up, was hoping to get it finished before work :(
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
AngelOne63
Tracker

Post by AngelOne63 »

Hello everyone ... no mission or competition has yet appeared ....
RedDeer85

Post by RedDeer85 »

If you activate Moose Mission NOW youre lucky.. you have to start it in Missions below.. NOT on the banner main page.

I Joint Hours ago and the Mission doesnt Count for me. im in with Friends. Work perfekt for everyone , not for me.
The orange button is gone and... everything is Buggy again thx
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The human brain is a wonderful thing in many ways. It is more than capable of doing things by itself without the interference of the so called intellect overthinking the problem.
50 years ago I bought a fibre glass re curve bow, spent many hours shooting at cardboard boxes, trying to analyse how to aim and get to the stage where I could consistantly hit the target. Then one day I just threw up the bow in frustration and loosed an arrow and voila!! Smacked the target dead centre. From that day on I learned to trust my instinct.
About five years ago some teenagers of my extended family were playing with a bow one of then had bought. "Have a go Uncle" they said. I hadn't shot a bow for more than 30 years but I stepped up and let fly, smacking the target just off dead centre, way better than any of them had managed to that stage.
I too still shoot the same way in game. Let your instinct be your guide. Whether it be releasing a bow string or pressing a mouse button, Your Mind /Eye/ hand co-ordination will be far more reliable than your intellect.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

DHRifleman wrote: it is a game that happens to be centered about hunting.
Not any more it isn't. It's centered on attracting the me generation and instant gratification generation, and neither have any thing to do with hunting. It is just the conduit.

I've been playing this game for 5 years, and I would be perfectly happy if they never developed it further than the day I started. Because then..it was a hunting game, and a hunting game only. Who cares about 40+ species, 12 reserves, all of the other junk they have dumped on the servers. The game, maintained, would still be just fine if they just enhanced the GAME PLAY only. Fix the bugs. Enhance the experience of playing a hunting game, not by more stuff, but by making what they have better. There were plenty of animals, plenty of reserves 5 years ago. They didn't have to add anything. They were making money, or they wouldn't have been in business.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”