Holiday Event 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BCKidd

Re: Holiday Event 2018

Post by BCKidd »

ApolloCreed wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I think next year the community should come up with our own Xmas event- these ones that EW puts on aren't for a lot of us. A community comp with extravagant prizes topped with fair amount of EM$ would probably go over well, and be more realistic than what we are faced with, with every EW event. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Wishful holiday thinking. This game, and it's forum are similar to the same types of things players said way more than a decade ago on several platforms, including the once famous MySpace. From a business standpoint, you keep adding small changes and events, picking up some money...after years though, nothing brings in players interests like before, because nothing is of value to the player anymore. Too often after time, companies put so much effort into discounts for new players, and yet failing to please the old money spenders. New players are vital. Without them, games fade away. I've been involved in at least 20 games at a high level in this millennium, with myself being a top player, or THE top player in a handful of those games. I've spent many many $$$ getting there, way more than probably most people reading this, and that "wide eyed" emoji would be the reaction if people actually knew the amount. My spending cooled off when I realized my entertainment costs were wasteful. In the end, companies stopped pleasing veteran players, and went for new players with the bulk of their efforts, and in ways that hurt the veteran players. There needs to be a balance, but I've yet to see it after 16 years of online gaming. In the end, all of those games are defunct, gone, deleted, and so are many of the companies.
Not sure I understand what you're sayin'. But there is no holiday wishful thinking at all. I'm sayin' a community comp hosted by myself and a few others might be jus' what we need for next Christmas event. There will of course be those that'll participate and those that'll participate in the EW Event. Either way, I'll be hosting a Christmas Event next year and I'm hoping some others will host with me, if I'm still on earth and EW still exists- so no wishful thinking- jus' some simple planning. ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
DHRifleman wrote: it is a game that happens to be centered about hunting.
Not any more it isn't. It's centered on attracting the me generation and instant gratification generation, and neither have any thing to do with hunting. It is just the conduit.

I've been playing this game for 5 years, and I would be perfectly happy if they never developed it further than the day I started. Because then..it was a hunting game, and a hunting game only. Who cares about 40+ species, 12 reserves, all of the other junk they have dumped on the servers. The game, maintained, would still be just fine if they just enhanced the GAME PLAY only. Fix the bugs. Enhance the experience of playing a hunting game, not by more stuff, but by making what they have better. There were plenty of animals, plenty of reserves 5 years ago. They didn't have to add anything. They were making money, or they wouldn't have been in business.
There is no profit in improving what is already created, only additions will add increased revenue. Membership alone may support the servers, but without a profit there is no reason to do that.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

DHRifleman wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
DHRifleman wrote: it is a game that happens to be centered about hunting.
Not any more it isn't. It's centered on attracting the me generation and instant gratification generation, and neither have any thing to do with hunting. It is just the conduit.

I've been playing this game for 5 years, and I would be perfectly happy if they never developed it further than the day I started. Because then..it was a hunting game, and a hunting game only. Who cares about 40+ species, 12 reserves, all of the other junk they have dumped on the servers. The game, maintained, would still be just fine if they just enhanced the GAME PLAY only. Fix the bugs. Enhance the experience of playing a hunting game, not by more stuff, but by making what they have better. There were plenty of animals, plenty of reserves 5 years ago. They didn't have to add anything. They were making money, or they wouldn't have been in business.
There is no profit in improving what is already created, only additions will add increased revenue. Membership alone may support the servers, but without a profit there is no reason to do that.
Yes there is, if it's monetized.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

Anyone else having a problem with the "Moose Master Ben McLane Busts a Move" mission?

(done) First, harvest a Moose with a heartshot while in Redfeather Falls. Other organs may be hit.
(done) Then, harvest another Moose but unspooked with at least 14 typical points while in Red Feather Falls in the same hunt.
(won't update) After completing the first two objectives, wrap up the day and head over to Mihkomekwan Falls Campsite in the same hunt.

I completed the first two items (have them checked off) and then because it's late and I want to get to bed, I used a camping supply to get to Mihkomekwan Falls Campsite. When I get there, no update. I run out about 120m and walk back in, no update. I hunt a couple of animals and track a bit and walk back into the campsite, no update. I can hear the transition sound when I walk in, but no update.

Any ideas on what to do? I don't want to log out of the game and have to start over. It took me 3-4 hours to get the first two items done. So, I'm going to bed and leaving the game running. Hope it doesn't kick me from the server. Maybe after the sun goes down and I have to go to a campsite or lodge, I can walk back to the campsite and it will update. I'll let you know what happens by editing this post later.

In the mean time, if anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them. (yes I'll contact support if it doesn't work out or finish the update on the 3rd item ;-) )

Thanks

UPDATE: Well, end of day happened and I'm still on the server. So I fast travel away from the campsite and walk back to it. No update. Go out and kill a moose and come back, no update. Guess I'll contact support. Hope no one else has this problem. For now, I would recommend that you not fast travel to the campsite after finishing the first two steps of the mission. Good luck all ;-)
Last edited by HonzoChu on December 7th, 2018, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I don't know if this mission worked for others (it seems it does or we would see a lot more posts about it in here), but checking off travel objectives in RFF has a long history... :roll:

If it doesn't work, contact support and let them check off the mission manually and award you the 20k Present$ - good luck! :)
Image Image Image
amramco1964
Tracker

Post by amramco1964 »

What does it mean: wrap up the day? Maybe to start a new day in the same hunt? or finish hunting day reaching the campsite?
Last edited by amramco1964 on December 7th, 2018, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

HonzoChu wrote:Anyone else having a problem with the "Moose Master Ben McLane Busts a Move" mission?

(done) First, harvest a Moose with a heartshot while in Redfeather Falls. Other organs may be hit.
(done) Then, harvest another Moose but unspooked with at least 14 typical points while in Red Feather Falls in the same hunt.
(won't update) After completing the first two objectives, wrap up the day and head over to Mihkomekwan Falls Campsite in the same hunt.

I completed the first two items (have them checked off) and then because it's late and I want to get to bed, I used a camping supply to get to Mihkomekwan Falls Campsite. When I get there, no update. I run out about 120m and walk back in, no update. I hunt a couple of animals and track a bit and walk back into the campsite, no update. I can hear the transition sound when I walk in, but no update.

Any ideas on what to do? I don't want to log out of the game and have to start over. It took me 3-4 hours to get the first two items done. So, I'm going to bed and leaving the game running. Hope it doesn't kick me from the server. Maybe after the sun goes down and I have to go to a campsite or lodge, I can walk back to the campsite and it will update. I'll let you know what happens by editing this post later.

In the mean time, if anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them. (yes I'll contact support if it doesn't work out or finish the update on the 3rd item ;-) )

Thanks
No problem for this mission for me, are you sure to go to the good campsite ? ( on the north east ).

EDIT : Can a mod delete my previous post please, i forgot to quote so double post. Thx
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

amramco1964 wrote:What does it mean: wrap up the day? Maybe to start a new day in the same hunt? or finish hunting day reaching the campsite?
It means finish hunting by visiting the campsite
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
amramco1964
Tracker

Post by amramco1964 »

Andhii wrote:
amramco1964 wrote:What does it mean: wrap up the day? Maybe to start a new day in the same hunt? or finish hunting day reaching the campsite?
It means finish hunting by visiting the campsite
Thank You
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Iron Moose vs. paper bullets.

Next time I'm gonna borrow a tank from WOT maybe I'll have more chances...

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”