The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Holiday Event 2018

Post by DHRifleman »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
Not any more it isn't. It's centered on attracting the me generation and instant gratification generation, and neither have any thing to do with hunting. It is just the conduit.

I've been playing this game for 5 years, and I would be perfectly happy if they never developed it further than the day I started. Because then..it was a hunting game, and a hunting game only. Who cares about 40+ species, 12 reserves, all of the other junk they have dumped on the servers. The game, maintained, would still be just fine if they just enhanced the GAME PLAY only. Fix the bugs. Enhance the experience of playing a hunting game, not by more stuff, but by making what they have better. There were plenty of animals, plenty of reserves 5 years ago. They didn't have to add anything. They were making money, or they wouldn't have been in business.
There is no profit in improving what is already created, only additions will add increased revenue. Membership alone may support the servers, but without a profit there is no reason to do that.
Yes there is, if it's monetized.
So you wouldn't mind them saying "there is a game update today, and we fixed some bugs, made some models look better, tweaked the some animal AI to get it and continue playing please click on the pay button and complete the transaction"?

Or "due to EW no longer adding to the game and only fixing bugs, and improving on what is already in the game the cost of membership is now $50 for 3 months, $90 for 6 Months, and $150 per year"?

I would rather them create things others will pay for that I don't care about, or things I do to help fund bug fixes and general improvements giving me the choice of what I spend to keep playing.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

You have a point. I don't want to argue about it. Imagine, in my scenario, they only developed enhancements to the existing reserves. Like the trophy lodges. Make them available to be custom per user. Like the trophy poses. Make them be custom per user, and custom animal poses. Different scopes for the same rifle. Lots of things to be monetized before ******* up the game adding bugged animals and reserves. I would have also raised the prices on memberships a long time ago. If there was a trade off like I have mentioned.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

stancomputerhunter wrote:You have a point. I don't want to argue about it. Imagine, in my scenario, they only developed enhancements to the existing reserves. Like the trophy lodges. Make them available to be custom per user. Like the trophy poses. Make them be custom per user, and custom animal poses. Different scopes for the same rifle. Lots of things to be monetized before ******* up the game adding bugged animals and reserves. I would have also raised the prices on memberships a long time ago. If there was a trade off like I have mentioned.
I do like the idea of making the lodges customizable but really fear what bugs would come with that. I would be very happy if they just made a complete lodge that mostly held the medium animals like goats, canines, felines, and that size that each lodge currently has like two spots for. They are one on the most varied animals and have the least spots to put them.

I do like that we have a lot of reserves and animals to choose from but would have given some of them up in favor of less bugs. Unfortunately most of the new animals were created to sell more support equipment to hunt them.
I would pay a little more for membership if it offset some of the issues we have, but not sure how many other would, and in the end I just want the game to continue.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
kobe2302

Post by kobe2302 »

Hi there,

is anyone having troubles with "dog menu"? Im not able to give any commands.

Thanks
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

kobe2302 wrote:Hi there,
is anyone having troubles with "dog menu"? Im not able to give any commands.

Thanks
Yes, I've been having the same problem, but it only happens from time to time. Not every time I log in.

Here are the keyboard commands from wiki. I've been using these for my Bluetick Coonhound. These keys issue commands immediately without having to go via the dog menu.

Action Key
V - Dog Menu
Y - Sit
J - Go to player
K - Lay down
O - Blind
P - Stay
U - Use
L - Give treat

I think they were put on the wiki when the only dog was the Labrador Retriever. But I can tell you, that using the "U" key will send the Bluetick Coonhound Tracking (I believe it is also the key to send the Lab out to retrieve?).

In addition to the above, for the German Pointer, F9 = small game, F10 = medium game, and F11 = large game.

Hope this helps ;-)
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Frustrated.

Killed boar #1. Hunted all over, proceeded to kill TEN MORE boar. Not one was over the right weight range. When day two rolled around and I finally shot a really big male, with really big tusks, the game wouldn't let me harvest. Same old day 2 bug.

When will this be fixed..? This is a huge deal. If you can't fix it, force the hunt to end at night one.

Waste of a day and a half of time for -one- mission for this stuff. I really wish these competitions weren't geared at 3 winners who will only be people who can spend literal weeks hunting. -.-
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Wow..you've been the big fan for a long time TheSheWolf. So, you are now experiencing things others have for a long time, and I'm not talking about the 2nd day problem. I'm talking about how NO problems from longer than 2 or 3 months ago get fixed. You heard it here first. There will eventually be problems (if not already) with the vehicle, and they might fix it right away to keep sales of them coming in, but as soon as they perceive sales are no longer happening at a rate they need, the bugs will be forgotten about. Don't think so? See all three iterations of the dogs.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Day 2 bug still exist? Jesus i remember my frustration from some missiom in year 2015... Goose dont fly... just some sit on the ground... few... i need one to harvest and complete whole mission (Mixing It Up from Hirschfelden Travel Missions pack)... spook them... miss... after long long time i found one... spok - shoot - kill and cant harvest. I write to support...

Just for the science...

Eraser_SK August 29, 2015 23:20

Hi,

i have big problem today. After startind Day2 (restart at 5:00) geese not flying anymore. Not in one place, nowhere.... never happen to me. MY mission Mixing It Up (Hirschfelden Travel Missions) was fully done (without geese) my only hope was search for area with geese on ground (after spook they fly aweay and never return)... i found only 3!!! on whole map... finally i kill one but i cant harvest it!!! i send you also photo. 2 big bug in one game (day 2)

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

This morning I started a geese hunt, after 50 minutes of play 4 flocks were passed and no goose fell to the ground. Never happened before
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Eraser_SK wrote:Day 2 bug still exist? Jesus i remember my frustration from some missiom in year 2015... Goose dont fly... just some sit on the ground... few... i need one to harvest and complete whole mission (Mixing It Up from Hirschfelden Travel Missions pack)... spook them... miss... after long long time i found one... spok - shoot - kill and cant harvest. I write to support...

Just for the science...

Eraser_SK August 29, 2015 23:20

Hi,

i have big problem today. After startind Day2 (restart at 5:00) geese not flying anymore. Not in one place, nowhere.... never happen to me. MY mission Mixing It Up (Hirschfelden Travel Missions) was fully done (without geese) my only hope was search for area with geese on ground (after spook they fly aweay and never return)... i found only 3!!! on whole map... finally i kill one but i cant harvest it!!! i send you also photo. 2 big bug in one game (day 2)

Since no report has ever been made that the day 2 harvest bug has been fixed, why would you expect different?
Every time I see a post about this I wonder why when repeating the same thing over and over a different outcome would be expected. That is the definition of something I thik.

Issue is when you kill something on day 2 that was in the same placeholder spot as something you killed on day one you can't harvest it since that spot has already been harvested. Long ago this bug was called the phantom X and happened during day one. You would find an X on the HM in an area you never were, and it was the regenerated animal from a previous placeholder. They did finally fix it by having all animals load at the start and not regenerate, but on day 2 they do.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”