Holiday Event 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BCKidd

Re: Holiday Event 2018

Post by BCKidd »

I think next year the community should come up with our own Xmas event- these ones that EW puts on aren't for a lot of us. A community comp with extravagant prizes topped with fair amount of EM$ would probably go over well, and be more realistic than what we are faced with, with every EW event. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

BCKidd wrote:I think next year the community should come up with our own Xmas event- these ones that EW puts on aren't for a lot of us. A community comp with extravagant prizes topped with fair amount of EM$ would probably go over well, and be more realistic than what we are faced with, with every EW event. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Great idea!!! But please no one shot one kill :lol:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

XxStrong1xX wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I think next year the community should come up with our own Xmas event- these ones that EW puts on aren't for a lot of us. A community comp with extravagant prizes topped with fair amount of EM$ would probably go over well, and be more realistic than what we are faced with, with every EW event. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Great idea!!! But please no one shot one kill :lol:
But that is what makes it fun... :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...If it allows '' 1 shot 2 kills '' i'm in !! :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RedDeer85

Post by RedDeer85 »

Nice new Competition. I killed a lot of those buggin sitkas but Nothing Count. Straight through the neck ,hit the neck vertebrate bone nr 3 aaaaand the shoulder blade.. Nothing Count.
Is the shoulder blade an organ?..
Can you check it first or just make Competitions that make sense and work????
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I haven't killed one Sitka in the comp yet, but I have been thinking there will be shoulder blades that will nullify the result. Boooo EW.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

I really do not like the gingerbread rifle. There's a lot of things that have been added over the past few years that I did not like, but could accept as part of the game. But the gingerbread rifle is just too much. The moment I saw it I couldn't believe it was a real addition. I've been having a hard time getting into the game over the past couple years, after almost eight years of being a player here (and having spent quite a lot of money happily) and that really makes me sad. I wish COTW had proper antlers and scoring.
RedDeer85

Post by RedDeer85 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I haven't killed one Sitka in the comp yet, but I have been thinking there will be shoulder blades that will nullify the result. Boooo EW.

Yes unfortunately your guessing Right.
P*Funk
Spotter

Post by P*Funk »

I'd be happy to see a community directed event, even one that doesn't look to EW to create it and put it officially in the system, and one that hopefully engenders a more thoughtful process. The only issue is it would require manually digging through hunting stats rather than using automated stuff.

You know going back to my sim racing experience in iRacing the devs actutally take community direction on how to schedule various series, so the community discusses how to schedule things including keeping tracks on the rotation for a certain number of seasons to minimize cost to new players buying tracks and then they vote or whatever and email the finalized schedule to the devs. That kind of interaction is quite positive in that game's community. EW could learn a little from them I think.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

P*Funk wrote:I'd be happy to see a community directed event, even one that doesn't look to EW to create it and put it officially in the system, and one that hopefully engenders a more thoughtful process. The only issue is it would require manually digging through hunting stats rather than using automated stuff.

You know going back to my sim racing experience in iRacing the devs actutally take community direction on how to schedule various series, so the community discusses how to schedule things including keeping tracks on the rotation for a certain number of seasons to minimize cost to new players buying tracks and then they vote or whatever and email the finalized schedule to the devs. That kind of interaction is quite positive in that game's community. EW could learn a little from them I think.
There have been dozens of community hosted events in UHC..nothing to do with EW. They are far better than EW has put on in 9 years. Way bigger prize money. Clear concise rules that require HUNTING instead of spawn mashing and grinding. I've never seen you in one of them.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”