Status Update - 28th November 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
jeff1963
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 28th November 2018

Post by jeff1963 »

gustascon wrote:
HonzoChu wrote:Have two questions:

1. Is there or will there be a feedback page where players can give the developers their ideas, experiences (good or bad), problems while in-game? If so, can someone please tell me where to find it?

2. Has anyone bought the 6month membership through Steam? If so, did it work? I mean, did you get the 6months and the Park Ranger right away?

Thanks,
Honzo

PS: Yes, I'm still new to the game ;-)
I am also waiting for someone to confirm when buying the 6 months membership on Steam
Yes, I got mine right away through Steam.
Thanks, ~Jeff

HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

jeff1963 wrote:
gustascon wrote:
HonzoChu wrote:Have two questions:

1. Is there or will there be a feedback page where players can give the developers their ideas, experiences (good or bad), problems while in-game? If so, can someone please tell me where to find it?

2. Has anyone bought the 6month membership through Steam? If so, did it work? I mean, did you get the 6months and the Park Ranger right away?

Thanks,
Honzo

PS: Yes, I'm still new to the game ;-)
I am also waiting for someone to confirm when buying the 6 months membership on Steam
Yes, I got mine right away through Steam.
Thanks Jeff... Guess I'll give it a go myself ;-)

UPDATE: It took a minute... but I'm now the proud owner of the "Stallion" Park Ranger ;-) Had to log out of the steam launcher and steam and log into the website to see it ;-)
gustascon

Post by gustascon »

jeff1963 and HonzoChu, thank you very much for confirming the information
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Well thanks to all team that fixed the bugs! Hope they fix soon also the Compound Bows and .22LR spook radius, Snakebite spook radius is almost 90mts and now the Parker and Pulsar have at least 70mts
VonStratos wrote:It has been stated by EW and by players after see the thing in action that the vehicle is by no means a hunting oriented tool, the only function it provide is to go from point A to point B driving for fun or to help to set deployables in a reserve, but again, but as devs said in the stream, is not focused to hunts.
jeff1963 wrote:
VonStratos wrote:It has been stated by EW and by players after see the thing in action that the vehicle is by no means a hunting oriented tool, the only function it provide is to go from point A to point B driving for fun or to help to set deployables in a reserve, but again, but as devs said in the stream, is not focused to hunts.
I am spotting a sleeping pig that is still "spooked by jeep" 15 minutes after setting up at the farmhouse on Settlers Creek.
Two enough reason to not buy the vehicle, so thanks for posting those disadvantage
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Theocrates wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:"For one week only, as a special release offer, you can obtain one of ‘The Stallion’ Park Ranger variations by purchasing a 6 month membership. This offer runs up to and including Wednesday the 5th of December."

If you purchase it as a gift, the player receiving the gift will get "The Stallion" and the 6 month membership.
So having bought a full year at the beginning of November I should go ahead and ask for a refund and buy a 6 month to get this right? I mean it certainly seems a bit cynical to suggest that people already supporting you for long stretches are being hit up a second time. It would certainly persuade me to stop doing so if it locks me out of stuff like this. Being able to adapt to specials like this far outweighs the advantage of the 12 month purchase price.
I bought a 12 month subscription on November 25th, then I bought another 6 months subscription yesterday to get the jeep. I do not see where the problem is
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

jeff1963 wrote:
whiteonyx wrote:
HonzoChu wrote:From the Status Update, 28 Nov - "The Park Ranger will not be able to be used if you have a competition activated."

Does this mean the Park Ranger is unavailable for the reserves that a competition is using? Or unavailable for ALL reserves if you have an active comp going? Sounds like the later to me. Just checking ;-)

Thanks
unavaliable for all reserves, just checked it

Yes, it seems a lot of work for tool that is terminally unavailable to the user base, and when it is available you can only travel a couple of KM on a tank.

Why even bother, straighten me out on this if I am misinterpreting this.
It should be avaliable, even when a comp is activated
Hunting is living
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

whiteonyx wrote:
jeff1963 wrote:
whiteonyx wrote:
unavaliable for all reserves, just checked it

Yes, it seems a lot of work for tool that is terminally unavailable to the user base, and when it is available you can only travel a couple of KM on a tank.

Why even bother, straighten me out on this if I am misinterpreting this.
It should be avaliable, even when a comp is activated
I tested it, looks like if you have ANY SP comp activated and try a SP hunt the Jeep won't spawn.
However if you have SP comps going but start a MP game the Jeep spawns in just fine. (no MP comps active)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

caledonianblues wrote:Very reasonable pricing on the vehicle, and nice to see a bundle too. I think the fuel system should be reviewed though. Why not disable fuel consumption altogether for members? It's almost as though you wanted to do something nice as a loyalty reward, then only went half in. If people are buying the vehicles they should be able to use them without this limitation. It's just a tad too far in my opinion. Keep it as is for guests but eliminate it for members. I'm sure it will entice more members to buy one.
I like your idea
Hunting is living
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

dj.p.king wrote:For those who haven't seen the fixes here is the list from steam.
It is also posted here: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89052
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

mapache01 wrote:Well thanks to all team that fixed the bugs! Hope they fix soon also the Compound Bows and .22LR spook radius, Snakebite spook radius is almost 90mts and now the Parker and Pulsar have at least 70mts
Dont know, but for me parker yesterday after the update worked like a charm, together with recurve I managed to drop a bull red deer and 4 cows at the 20-40m distance all 5-10m apart each other :roll: :roll:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”