Status Update - 14th November 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 14th November 2018

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this Status Update and for the Crossbow Pistol.
@ TreeKiwi: Have you planned something for Thanksgiving this year? But maybe we'll hear about it next week and it's a bit early to talk about it.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Yeah the missing Roe Deer/Coyote is unfortunate. Also the Red Dot is washed out, I would prefer a crisper dot.

African Savannah sounds great, not I want a double-barreled Holland and Holland Big Game rife! :)
Code: Select all
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Good update .
Agree that the Roe Deer / Coyote and i would add the Grey Wolf also, are needed in the species ethical with the xbow pistol .
Might not buy it because of that .
Who is going to shoot birds with it anyway ? Unless you shoot them on the ground . And i have the Pinky for that !
So without counting the birds , it's good for only 7 species !! ( 2 Cats + 3 rabbits + 2 Foxes )

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Thanks for the update TK!

INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

Good Update
Thanks for the Crossbow Pistol.....Reconsider the ethical species which should include the Roe Deer and Coyote ……….Good chunk of change to spend only to find out it suddenly has different animals you can hunt with it!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

@Kiwi
You probably won't like my opinion on the Update,.. but I'm going to be as truthful as I can and hopefully nobody gets offended by it and you have just bought a new bow so I think you
will be able to relate to this with what I'm about to say.
Crossbow Pistol? a toy IRL and a toy in the game, some martial artists use them at very close range,.. but still a toy to me......... ;)
I'm going After A WT Buck,.. do you think I bought a toy IRL to put it down? Not a chance.
Rabbits, Squirrels, & sitting birds, would be the extent IMO I would use X-bow pistols on them,.. and no cats at all.
Nowadays a newer technical crossbow shoots best with a longer 20" carbon arrow and a 100 grain mechanical broadhead for best accuracy,... a combined weight of around 400 grains, so the vanes can steer the shot with the weight of the arrow(bolt) around the front quarter length of it to balance the arrow out best. Each manufacturer of a bow has specific products and weights what each crossbow should shoot because they've done way more tests than any average Joe that buys it and thinks they can modify it better. Some bows with faster than 300+ FPS will shoot slightly heavier Broadheads,.. 125-150 grains but the best way is to shoot them to see what every combined Bolt(arrow), Broadhead, & knock, weighs, to keep them close so each arrow that shoots roughly within the same pattern and what distance it is capable of. With a Crossbow Pistol there is no way it shooting the longer bolts and keeping accuracy and speed and energy performance no matter what anybody says or you see on the internet. Just IMO. In the same likeness would you go shooting deer with a .22 LR bullet because it is accurate? Not near enough power even though in Archery hunting it's the broadhead that does the cutting, and penetration.....if there is enough force to back the arrow up.
Get realistic and stay realistic.......................... ;)

On second note players of this game for make believe is a pre-requisite for playing theHunter!
But you can't fool old hunters. Never!
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

Thanks for the Status Update TK and New Crossbow Pistol. Cant wait to shoot some Arctic Foxes and Snowshoe Hares with it! he he

Wetland :D
Bullet1956

Post by Bullet1956 »

Thanks for the update and the scam alert.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I've really enjoyed the posts in this forum from Graham and AC lately. :roll: Community Managers that don't interact with the Community. ??

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Thanks for the update and the new xbow pistol. I been wanting one of these for awhile now. For the new scout rifle, it is pretty obvious the new round will be .7m-08. You should do like you did for the .17 HMR and give us both rounds.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”