Status Update - 14th November 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Status Update - 14th November 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Thanks for the update and the new xbow pistol. I been wanting one of these for awhile now. For the new scout rifle, it is pretty obvious the new round will be .7m-08. You should do like you did for the .17 HMR and give us both rounds.
VonStratos wrote:First: Thanks for the SU Treekiwi, was a nice update, good and clear info about the new rifle, and good warning about that scam, similar scams are used to steal bank accounts, be careful with the mails people and thanks for the new xbow pistol.

Second: What happened with the vehicle? not that im in a hurry to see it in game, but was being hyped as hell until Halloween event, but now suddenly nothing else has been said, did the werewolves stole it for a heist or something?. Now is all about the new rifle, ok is a cool now weapon, but seems weird to change the focus from the hyped vehicle to the new rifle just like that.

And third, from the last status updates it seems like the "What is bugging you the most" got buried under the carpet, do we will ever get news again about the bug fixing poll that was held months ago?
Vehicle is still coming along nicely, we decided to hang onto it a little more and put some more polish into it.

"What is bugging you the most" - there should also be some more information out on this soon, work has already started on some of the issues. But I am hoping I have a more concrete plan to present to you all in the near future. Reading the same line over and over again in the SU was probably doing more harm than good, so I decided to take it out until I had something new to report on it.

Stan I can't quote you sorry, but AC does COTW and Graham does Generation Zero. This has been communicated a number of times now.

Also a note to all, we have identified an issue with the spook radius of the new Crossbow Pistol, this will get fixed in the next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:Also a note to all, we have identified an issue with the spook radius of the new Crossbow Pistol, this will get fixed in the next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience!
You mean 150m spook radius is too much for a plastic toy? :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Just watched Ron's video on the Crossbow Pistol, great animation but a solid hit didn't put a Cottontail Rabbit straight down. No yotes or Roe means still thinking.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

today i watched video... and it is in real just plastic toy pistol for kids. If this pistol cant kill rabbit from 18m now i completly understand why you not allowed it for Roe Deer or Coyote. Ridiculously weak... red dot feels like low battery dot and spook radius is 200m. Need to be reworked completly.
sanderbarboza

Post by sanderbarboza »

In the launching of this weapon in the hallowen showed that it was ethical for roe deer and coyote. Why changed?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

TreeKiwi wrote:
VonStratos wrote:First: Thanks for the SU Treekiwi, was a nice update, good and clear info about the new rifle, and good warning about that scam, similar scams are used to steal bank accounts, be careful with the mails people and thanks for the new xbow pistol.

Second: What happened with the vehicle? not that im in a hurry to see it in game, but was being hyped as hell until Halloween event, but now suddenly nothing else has been said, did the werewolves stole it for a heist or something?. Now is all about the new rifle, ok is a cool now weapon, but seems weird to change the focus from the hyped vehicle to the new rifle just like that.

And third, from the last status updates it seems like the "What is bugging you the most" got buried under the carpet, do we will ever get news again about the bug fixing poll that was held months ago?
Vehicle is still coming along nicely, we decided to hang onto it a little more and put some more polish into it.

"What is bugging you the most" - there should also be some more information out on this soon, work has already started on some of the issues. But I am hoping I have a more concrete plan to present to you all in the near future. Reading the same line over and over again in the SU was probably doing more harm than good, so I decided to take it out until I had something new to report on it.

Stan I can't quote you sorry, but AC does COTW and Graham does Generation Zero. This has been communicated a number of times now.

Also a note to all, we have identified an issue with the spook radius of the new Crossbow Pistol, this will get fixed in the next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks for the answers TreeKiwi, its good to know there is making progress in the bug fixing, and good to know that EW is taking their time to polish the vehicle and not rush it, it was just weird not hear about it once the event ended but i think the reason make perfect sense, i for one prefer a feature than take a little longer but is better tested than a rushed one, can we get at least some new clue in the next sU about what kind of vehicle will be? that was quite the unsolved mystery before Halloween :)

And this may be some kind of spoiler... but since the new rifle is coming in December, do we will get a chance to win it as prize in the Christmas event? aside of be able to buy one normally of course. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks for the update. So are the "Big Five" confirmed for the new reserve? :P
is there a new reserve coming??? that i didnt know about?????
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Dillakiller870 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks for the update. So are the "Big Five" confirmed for the new reserve? :P
is there a new reserve coming??? that i didnt know about?????
I'm sorry, some of us were just joking a bit, a new reserve or new species havn't been announced so far.
Image Image Image
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

AFRIQUA... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

I have a question to the Crossbow Pistol Sight: Why is the Red Dot so big and blurry? Maybe it's an active topic just about this? It's a short range weak bow, and the arrow dropp is of astronomical dimensions (my words). When I aim at a Bobcat at 30m, the complete animal is cowered by the red dot. It's impossible to tell if I'm aiming at the head or the toes of the Bobcat! It actually seems that this scope is damaged and sold out from a cheap marked (half broken). I tried, funny enough, to take off the scope, and it is hilariously more easy to aim! The black iron sight pin dot has a perfect size, and maybe 5/100 the size compared to the bloomy, foggy and blurry red dot scope. I'we been wondering if this is, from a practical joke from the devs backend side, to actually imagine it's looking like this only for me. Maybe, and just maybe, just perfect for persons with hallucinating double vision, can't be any better. 14th November is my birthday irl, so I take this update a bit personal ;) So, anyone? What is the hidden secret here? Does anyone want to tell me?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”