Halloween 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Halloween 2018

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:If I had come to the game in 2010 and saw that there were werewolves, I would probably have given it a miss. Is it worth running that risk with other potential players? I mean let's face it, this is a hunting game that strives to be realistic. Having werewolves permanently on display somewhat negates that statement, no?
That is exactly what I said to someone else the other day. I would never have signed up if I had found these werewolves. That includes the trophy lodges. It makes the game a semi-realistic, semi-mythical one that I wouldn't care about. EW has gone too far with the lodge and the leaderboards and will have to make a tough decision to which degree this can be reverted. Either way they are going to alienate someone. Either those who invested time and money to have that creature in screenshots, lodges and leaderboards, or those who will find its appearance killing the "most realistic hunting game" message.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

I agree with you guys, even tough I killed over 100 WW I didn't do it for LBoards or statistics, was just for fun and I think that not to many players will complain if the WW will be removed from the game as long the event is over and next year maybe we won't even have WW. Regarding lodges as I said before maybe one day we will have a special lodge only for events animals like Rudolf,WW and what the future might brings, this way we can keep them separately from the normal lodges.
But if they want to completely remove them from the game I think they will need to remove tracking/spoting skill, weapon achievements (I have 100 kills weapon achievement for WB Pistol mostly done shooting WW, maybe the easier way would be to remove only the achievements for silver bullets ?) also to roll back the Hunter Score, even I didn't check, WW probably give some HS points.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

HawkEye81 wrote:I agree with you guys, even tough I killed over 100 WW I didn't do it for LBoards or statistics, was just for fun and I think that not to many players will complain if the WW will be removed from the game as long the event is over and next year maybe we won't even have WW. Regarding lodges as I said before maybe one day we will have a special lodge only for events animals like Rudolf,WW and what the future might brings, this way we can keep them separately from the normal lodges.
But if they want to completely remove them from the game I think they will need to remove tracking/spoting skill, weapon achievements (I have 100 kills weapon achievement for WB Pistol mostly done shooting WW, maybe the easier way would be to remove only the achievements for silver bullets ?) also to roll back the Hunter Score, even I didn't check, WW probably give some HS points.
They created the problem, they will have to find solution.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

BCKidd wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:Skull hunting was a grind but to be fair they have to make something that the hard core (no life) players can be challenged with.
What about those of us that are fortunate enough to work from our homes- do we not have a life- are we no lifers?
"No life" is just a commonly used insult on the internet.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

HawkEye81 wrote:...also to roll back the Hunter Score, even I didn't check, WW probably give some HS points.
There are no HS points for the WW. It is a half-baked setup. A short-term event animal should never have any permanent features like skills, leaderboards or taxidermy. Trophies and trophy shots would have sufficed.
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Sure ruined a whole bunch of Trophy threads
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

HooCairs wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:Skull hunting was a grind but to be fair they have to make something that the hard core (no life) players can be challenged with.
What about those of us that are fortunate enough to work from our homes- do we not have a life- are we no lifers?
"No life" is just a commonly used insult on the internet.
It's more commonly a quip, a jest that people that really dont have a life take as an insult.

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Thanks for a fun event. EW, It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a fun distraction. Also good job on getting the prizes out and extending the hunt by a day to give people a chance to use them. This old man still didn't get "Giles" but I had a blast playing with my lady and managed to kill a few as well.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

SoftShoe wrote:It's more commonly a quip, a jest that people that really dont have a life take as an insult.
The intention is to insult, no matter how it is perceived. Why else would you use that term? It is nothing but negative.
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Thank you for another interesting Halloween event. I was actually quite fine with the structure of this event as there were several parts to it, each tailored to different groups of people. I'm on board for any type of event that has at least some parts for everybody-- even those who choose to play multiplayer only or those with very limited amount of time to play. There was an interesting mission set for those of us who enjoy fun themed objectives around the holidays with a few small prizes, regular competitions for those that enjoy the in-game style of competitions, a grindfest competition for those that like that kind of thing, and even a reasonably achievable goal in the grindfest competition that rewarded players who don't have loads of time to play a couple of prizes. A nice variety indeed and I'll never complain about the chance to get another tower!

Also, thank you EW for listening to feedback from this event and making the werewolf huntable. I was fairly indifferent on that matter but it was clear after last year's event that many would love the chance to kill them. I killed a few myself and it was a fun change of pace. I'm on board with some of the others here though, I'd rather they not stick around the rest of the year. Mythical animals are fun for holiday events and I don't even mind them in trophy lodges (although, I do like the idea of a separate lodge for mythical beasts and keeping them out of regular lodges) but I really don't want to see werewolves in our signature stats, on my skills page or on the permanent leaderboards. If it's kept as a permanent fixture in those places, it really does take away from the reality of "the most realistic hunting game" and believe it or not, that may turn some potential players away.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”