Halloween 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Halloween 2018

Post by stancomputerhunter »

xOEDragonx wrote:I'm on board for any type of event that has at least some parts for everybody-- even those who choose to play multiplayer only or those with very limited amount of time to play.
I agree with your post, except this part, and I pointed it out to EW in the survey that came out today. This only rewarded ONE segment of the community. The spawn mashers. A grinding spawn masher won the big prize. No other type of game play came close.

The suggestion for the future made by Von Stratos is spot on. Everyone gets to collect 100 skulls (or whatever the object is). No one knows the value until they pick it up. The values are completely random. The high score wins. Simple. Fair. For every type of game play.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

INTIMID883R wrote:Sure ruined a whole bunch of Trophy threads
IMHO, they've been ruined for a long time.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

stancomputerhunter wrote: I agree with your post, except this part, and I pointed it out to EW in the survey that came out today. This only rewarded ONE segment of the community. The spawn mashers. A grinding spawn masher won the big prize. No other type of game play came close.
I addressed this in the survey but I should have also addressed this in my post. I wasn't a fan of the handling of the largest prizes because yes, the "main event" is tailored to a very specific type of player with a large amount of time. My post was simply addressing the variety of options players had in this event and that there was something for everyone to participate in. There are still changes that I would like to see.

I do agree that VonStratos has an interesting idea and I hope EW considers it. Any type of "main event" that allows for a bit of randomness in the scoring would be more fair to the average player. This style of competition with collecting unlimited numbers of points, no matter how the points are collected, will always be catered to those with the most time.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

As mentioned above, we now have a survey out for this years Halloween event. You do not need to have participated to fill the survey out, but obviously it will help if you have! CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY. You will need a google account to fill the survey out, however this is free and easy to setup.

Cheers all,

TK
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Survey completed and looking forward to the results.
TheHunter-Master
Spotter

Post by TheHunter-Master »

Good to see you cheer fo such an event. The problem is : was a really worth it event? It was really named ''Halloween'' (christmas, easter,summer,etc)?

Lets see, im sure lots of players joined the event and most of them were chasing the first place right? I would like to know what they were thinking. I mean to achieve a good position in top 10 you should spent lots of silver bullets and medicits which means lots of gms or Ems , better say Ems because most of them barely had gms to afford such an event.The price worth was 40 euros (12 months) + 600 ems for the weapon 6 euros, im sure that they barely spent the same amount of money tryharding just to win what? Its not only their fault its EW's fault too.i dont see the point to join in such events.We need more balanced events in the future but noone seems to care or reffering to this. Hoping for an event that will give every player the opportunity to hope for top 3 position no matter how much time any of us can spend. An event like : Harvest all animal spiecies(that has a liver) with a shot to the liver one attempt per animal spiece the compined range of all shots will make the total leaderboard and thats a balanced - SKILLED event.As for collectables set a max of 100 collectables for all.

As for the mission pack was too easy but nevermind its just missions at least give as a treestand or tent next time. :D
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

HooCairs wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:It's more commonly a quip, a jest that people that really dont have a life take as an insult.
The intention is to insult, no matter how it is perceived. Why else would you use that term? It is nothing but negative.
I tend to agree, Hoo. But, I look at who it comes from. Others tho' may very well be insulted- so yeah "it is a negative comment". Then again so is Noob, 'cause at one time we all were. Respectfully.

BCKidd.

EDIT: I will add this- anyone who calls anyone else a "no lifer" is simply jealous & jealousy gets you no where. ;)

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I found the event pretty good, and had something for everyone. I myself completed the missions, got the gun, extra silver bullets and killed 3 WWs. That was all I was interested in and was completely satisfied. It seemed that semi grinders were awarded prizes as well as heavy grinders. Now as for balance shouldn't those that put in the most time and effort be rewarded?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
TheHunter-Master
Spotter

Post by TheHunter-Master »

BCKidd wrote:EDIT: I will add this- anyone who calls anyone else a "no lifer" is simply jealous & jealousy gets you no where. ;)
Its a normal gaming term being used for many years since i started playing game, like other gaming words noob, newbie etc. I myself won a simiral event(just to prove it) years ago calling myself a nolifer because thats what the event needed so sme could win. So i cant be jealous.Its all about balance.There are players who has only 2-3h free time to play then check the leaderboard thinking '' wow no way, lets stick up to the 1st milestone and missions instead '' but they really wanted to have a chance , something that couldnt happen because sme else barely fall asleep for a week straight.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I get it. Still I think a more friendly term is "Grinder"- "No lifer" seems a bit off. We don't know what anyone's life is like- so how can that term even be used? Ask yourselves before throwing around that term ("What don't I know about this person or that person?") I won't say nothin' more on the subject. But I assure you, I won't call anyone a "no lifer". ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”