Halloween 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: Halloween 2018

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Was a good laugh with the WW, got 41 in the end but the only "gripe" is the Crossbow pistol was not available to more players, may have been better to make that the mission prize as the Wolfsbane .308 is really only a reskin.... my wish would be for the 10mm pistol to take silver bullets..... now that would have the WW doing big piles of plonk !!!!
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I ve Got The Tower! ... and a Halloween face paint xD, Thanks TreeKiwi.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yep, I've received the Halloween event prizes too. Thanks EW. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Now that the Halloween event is over, are the werewolves going to be removed from the game? I don't mean removed from the spawn at Timbergold Trails, that's a given. I mean removed from the game so that there are no leaderboards and no entry in the official signature widget? I know some will argue that there's no need to remove these things, but I disagree. If I had come to the game in 2010 and saw that there were werewolves, I would probably have given it a miss. Is it worth running that risk with other potential players? I mean let's face it, this is a hunting game that strives to be realistic. Having werewolves permanently on display somewhat negates that statement, no? I'm just curious. I don't want to start another debate within the community. I know my previous disregard for the werewolf was met with opposition and I'm absolutely fine with that. I was perhaps a bit unreasonable in my comments about the event, but I stand by my opinion that werewolves should only make a brief appearance once per year. There are enough people that love the Halloween events to justify them. I just don't think they should be a permanent fixture.

Edit: Also, are there plans to update the signature widget to include the lynx image? It has been blank since its release on 12 September. Almost two months ago. I know there have always been delays in updating the signature, but that's a record and it's wreaking havoc with my OCD :?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well ww for me arent a main issue, dont get me wrong, i also think as Caledonianblues about the ww, but now that the event is over i am more interested in this:
What’s bugging you the most?

We are still working on the list and working out which ones are achievable to fix. Once we have a more solid list, we will let you know what you can expect in the near future.
That survey was months ago and we still haven't heard anything new other than that, and of course we will be getting new info about the vehicle, but i for one at least remember that there was a survey about the bugs, and nothing concrete has yet be said, when compared to that, the ww staying in the leaderboard seems just like a minor issue, but werewolves in the leaderboard still feel weird on a hunting game that was supposed be "the most realistic hunting game" its ok for one fun event in the year, but the lets back to normal please. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Werewolf's were great for the Halloween Event, and being able to shoot them this year was also great.
I've shot a little over 100 and I'm done for the Hairy Scary this year, got a couple in the lodge but if we're going to have myths & monsters in the game once a year
I wouldn't mind having a mystical closet to store them in........ ;)
Maybe next years Halloween Event we can have another monster type like a Goatman, Bigfoot, or something else to take the Werewolf's place for entertainment for a week,
I sure am going to miss those charging Werewolf's but I would trade all that back for those first charging male Grizzly bears that made the TgT map great...
but no spooky music or day fog,... that's enough to drive anyone insane, blind, or deaf.............. :lol:
I can imagine all the Silver Bullets that players bought so it was probably a great success EW for being a Halloween Event.
I can easily go along with that once a year for as much fun that I had shooting those side dodging dogs.........
Thanks for a good time.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Thanks EW for all the fun and giveaways associated with this event. I was pleasantly surprised by how much stuff was made available for not too much difficulty. And thank you for all the effort that went into making the event a success. Well done. Kudos. :)

So,... how's about making that crossbow pistol buyable in the store now, eh? What's the hold up? ;)
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

gas56 wrote:but I would trade all that back for those first charging male Grizzly bears that made the TgT map great...
This.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

1Al wrote:
gas56 wrote:but I would trade all that back for those first charging male Grizzly bears that made the TgT map great...
This.
This x 2. So would I Gas and 1Al- jus' remember that they do still charge only not as much or as aggressively as they first did. The adrenaline rush I got from the ratty-dog-wolves is what I'd like to get from the bears- and not only the Griz either. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

caledonianblues wrote: ...I mean let's face it, this is a hunting game that strives to be realistic. Having werewolves permanently on display somewhat negates that statement, no?
...but I stand by my opinion that werewolves should only make a brief appearance once per year. There are enough people that love the Halloween events to justify them. I just don't think they should be a permanent fixture.
I liked hunt some of them but totally agree with David, once a year is enough. And please, update the forum sig !!!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”