Status Update - 10th October 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 10th October 2018

Post by TheSheWolf »

J_Birdman wrote: I find it exceptionally silly that werewolves will be around again and especially that it can be mounted. ... Can we expect other mythical creatures to be coming soon?

The yearly red-nosed Reindeer have always counted as "Mythical" rarity, and can be mounted. I personally am REALLY looking forward to this. I loved last year's Halloween event, and I really, really want a werewolf up in my lodge! :D
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I'm sorry, but I think I see words in my lower peripheral vision, but I simply cannot take my eyes off of this beautiful creature I see before me eyes ..the mighty, MELANISTIC, red-nosed reindeer ..If that were me in that trophy shot I would stop playing this game forever and consider it "won"! You just had to go and post a mythical and fantastic and melanistic red-nosed reindeer, didn't you? Reindeer, my favorite animal in the game and true weakness, and melanistic and red-nosed on top of it, no less!! What a find and what a harvest, super-congrats! :)

However ..the mythical red-nosed reindeer, melanistic or not, have never once upset me for closing down regular hunting in Hemmeldal for an entire week, nor has the never-before seen Bigfoot, nor has the alien technology HunterMate which was left behind for all of humankind to use and enjoy. The mythical werewolf, on the other hand, and whatever other mythical creatures/technology may come down the road one day ..I can't say the same thing about. :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Villkatta wrote:Ah, ok. I misinterpreted your post then.
Sometimes I take things way more negative then I should.

But yeah, I agree. Everyone is free to play and do the missions the way they like.
By the way I completed mission 9 today shooting a 8+ bobcat @ 100% HR while fleeing from me with the 12 ga Shotgun w/buckshot,..
But is this what you meant that on the score sheet that the animal state is WALKING instead of RUNNING ??? because it is logged down as that,
weird to say the least. I tried it several times shooting Bobcats just walking and the mission objective would not complete for me that way, that's what I thought
you meant it worked for you that way.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/gas5 ... /621824465
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

gas56 wrote:By the way I completed mission 9 today shooting a 8+ bobcat @ 100% HR while fleeing from me with the 12 ga Shotgun w/buckshot,..
But is this what you meant that on the score sheet that the animal state is WALKING instead of RUNNING ??? because it is logged down as that,
weird to say the least. I tried it several times shooting Bobcats just walking and the mission objective would not complete for me that way, that's what I thought
you meant it worked for you that way.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/gas5 ... /621824465
Well done, nice shooting!
No, the cat I shot was walking towards the scent I had placed. Not fleeing at all. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... /621055245
But If the cat you killed was clearly running when you shot it, then you might have figured out what's wrong. It might be that both running/fleeing and walking is both registered as walking, and thus both can complete the mission.
I'd add it to the bug report if I were you. Why the other cats you shot didn't solve the mission I don't know. Were they all 8+ and shot at 100% HV and walking(not idle)?

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Villkatta wrote: But If the cat you killed was clearly running when you shot it, then you might have figured out what's wrong. It might be that both running/fleeing and walking is both registered as walking, and thus both can complete the mission.
I'd add it to the bug report if I were you. Why the other cats you shot didn't solve the mission I don't know. Were they all 8+ and shot at 100% HV and walking(not idle)?
The ones I did shoot just walking but were not qualified because I just checked the score sheets and it's logged that they were in a idle state when they were actually walking when I shot them? This is strange. I was going to say that maybe you just had a rare case of mission mess-up, but it looks like it is messed up.......
It looks like the Bobcats Score Sheet State for the mission 9 is registering wrong sometimes, or maybe it is normally registering this way without the misson being activated either?
I will add it to the bug report.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

J_Birdman wrote:I'm sorry, but I think I see words in my lower peripheral vision, but I simply cannot take my eyes off of this beautiful creature I see before me eyes ..the mighty, MELANISTIC, red-nosed reindeer ..
Man I WISH it were melanistic :lol: I think they come in two basic skins in the holidays, one dark and one normal. I saw a few like this, and without the red nose they're called something else... Beast maybe? I forget. I got a female like this, but without the red nose, I'd have to check her "title."

I've never shot a melanistic anything, sadly!!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I can't believe she's not, I never knew the fur changed for that event. Good to know. She's still the best looking female I've ever seen though, with or without the red nose.

I've never got one either! :(
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

J_Birdman wrote:She's still the best looking female I've ever seen though, with or without the red nose.
Maybe if you were a bit friendlier sometimes and less short-tempered, you might find a nice "female" one day? ;)
Image Image Image
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Whoah, way to go Tann! I like your style! You got the whole passive-aggressive/awkwardly personal insight displayed publicly thing goin' on there. Nice. :D

But who said I was looking for, as you put it, a "female"? I think I'll just remain less friendly and more short-tempered, but thanks for caring about me buddy! <3 <3 <3
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

J_Birdman wrote:Whoah, way to go Tann!
It was funny! As for the rest of your post.

People take themselves way to seriously & ruffle way to easily IMO. I poke fun at people all the time & expect to have have it done to me as well. Its what men do!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”