Status Update - 10th October 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 10th October 2018

Post by Eraser_SK »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank god you listen to community: vehicle, crossbow pistol (slot 3), huntable werewolf.... i love it!!!
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

J_Birdman wrote:Same here, and I hope the comp isn't catered to those with an endless amount of free time.
It is more correct to say that it must be suitable for those who have little time. Anyone who has a lot of time is favored anyway.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Just an update guys,

The ground blind was just a typo and does have the 'Legendary' rating. Thanks for bringing it to our attention :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

fantamichele wrote:It is more correct to say that it must be suitable for those who have little time. Anyone who has a lot of time is favored anyway.
Any Events big or small , with special comps related to them , with the big LB we have know in the past , have all had points system , that favored the people who took wake up pills till they choked , gallons of coffee and pretty much no family life . It was made for grinders.
what is sad about that , is that the game wasn't intended , i hope not anyway , to be played that way . But still , EW rewards its grinders with full year membership plus other neat items most of the time and the '' normal '' players , with a bottle of wind indicator !! :? Normal ? Logical ?

Many suggestions were made in the past for this points system and many good ones . What will it be this year ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

O'boy,o'boy,o'boy! This Halloween event is going to be spooktacular!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DYEUZ wrote:
fantamichele wrote:It is more correct to say that it must be suitable for those who have little time. Anyone who has a lot of time is favored anyway.
Any Events big or small , with special comps related to them , with the big LB we have know in the past , have all had points system , that favored the people who took wake up pills till they choked , gallons of coffee and pretty much no family life . It was made for grinders.
what is sad about that , is that the game wasn't intended , i hope not anyway , to be played that way . But still , EW rewards its grinders with full year membership plus other neat items most of the time and the '' normal '' players , with a bottle of wind indicator !! :? Normal ? Logical ?

Many suggestions were made in the past for this points system and many good ones . What will it be this year ?

My suggestion would be, a weekly long, but with few number of attempts by competitions around 3 maybe 5, and objectives reachable in a rational amount of hours, 1 or 2 hours imo, so if some one cant play in the whole week due work, studies, etc, but have the lets say Thursday free, then he can spend the 3 attempts in that day. In that way people that grind would have the same limits than an average person, but the average person with not much time could have a fair chance to participate when had the free time. I know is not a perfect balance but in lack of a better solution i think may work fine.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

This sounds great! Definitely going to take part in the halloween event this year.

Just one question though in regards to the crossbow pistol: does it need to be purchased in the store? It says you get the normal pistol from missions and a skin for the crossbow pistol can be bought...but what about the crossbow pistol itself?

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

ElusiveShadow wrote:This sounds great! Definitely going to take part in the halloween event this year.

Just one question though in regards to the crossbow pistol: does it need to be purchased in the store? It says you get the normal pistol from missions and a skin for the crossbow pistol can be bought...but what about the crossbow pistol itself?
The xbow pistol come in two versions.
(1) A Halloween version called the wolfbane xbow pistol that takes silver bolts; can be won by placing in the Halloween competition; and will not be available in the store nor after the halloween event.
(2) A standard version that can be bought in the store that will only take normal bolts.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

So the only way we can shoot werewolf is by unlocking 2 weapons, one by doing missions and one by placing in competition.Last year missions were pretty hard and I know some players who didn't manage to finish them even with help (not to mention the amount of time we put in those missions, I think we all remember the Elk one...) if this year missions will be as hard not to many players would manage to finish them so no werewolfs for them.
Regarding competitions (in case we will manage to place in one) I wonder how long they will last and how much time we will have after to kill werewolfs, I think in both cases we will need to put a lot of time and for those who can't won't be any werewolfs...
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

HawkEye81 wrote:So the only way we can shoot werewolf is by unlocking 2 weapons?
  • The Crossbow Pistol will also have an additional standard skin, that can be purchased in the store. Unlike the Wolfsbane skin, this version will take standard ammunition rather than the Silver Bolts used for hunting the Werewolf.
  • Additional Silver Bullets/Bolts will need to be purchased/acquired.
I think this means that there will be a regular Crossbow Pistol that you can buy, and that you can use the current .308 pistol (and rifle?). You will need to buy the ammo for both, but you can kill a werewolf as soon as the event starts.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”