Status Update - 26th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BCKidd

Re: Status Update - 26th September 2018

Post by BCKidd »

Only comment I'll make- "a canoe or kyak" would have been more appropriate. :| Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Doesn't make any sense whether it's gas powered or electric. It won't sell enough to compensate for the investment of time and money put into it. The real cost will be to the game itself, though. Really sad update, my days here are numbered.

whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Thanks for the SU - and thanks for sharing the fantastic bow hunting video. It really capture the spirit of hunting
Hunting is living
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

J_Birdman wrote:It won't sell enough to compensate for the investment of time and money put into it.
I bet it sells better than any single thing they have added to date. Bear in mind the denizens of this forum are a small percentage of the player base & the nay sayers of the forum an even smaller percentage.

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

SoftShoe wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:It won't sell enough to compensate for the investment of time and money put into it.
I bet it sells better than any single thing they have added to date. Bear in mind the denizens of this forum are a small percentage of the player base & the nay sayers of the forum an even smaller percentage.
You know, you're probably right. From my experience here, most people seem to buy first/ask questions later.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

VonStratos wrote:I hope the vehicle come with at least 2 speeds select able, slow for when you want to go somewhere but keeping an eye on your surroundings and a fast speed for that situations when you are rearranging a setup in a reserve and have to go all around a reserve but not focused in hunting.
Well since I only play the Hunter game with a mouse instead of a game controller like when I played the GTA game series,... I'm guessing the longer you hold the L button down on a mouse
the faster it will go,.. kind of automatic,.. Although it would be kind of nice to have 3 gears though especially climbing up a steep grade, that would limit the speed also while in a lower gear
so you could go slow, a moderate gear to go a little faster without spooking animals that aren't too close, and a high speed gear when you just want to get to some place fast and spooks everything
in eyeshot.
Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

So now we can count on a car
But that brings the whole game not far
For the buzzing around
Will come with much sound
And the animal AI it will tar

So what can we hope from this beast
The same as your feet from some yeast
Your foot falls apart
And you lose all your heart
To play this odd game in the least

The Wild is another odd game
But it and theHunter don't blame
For here on this site
You asked for this shite
Now all hang your heads in some shame

I fear this will all end in tears
For this game has been going for years
As the sun slowly sets
I will place no more bets
Say adieu and goodbye to your peers...

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Schlachtwolf wrote:For here on this site
You asked for this shite
Haha, this could be very befitting. If the new vehicle disrupts the game balance to the extent that some of us think, then it could very well be a "careful for you wish for" moment. People have been screaming out for vehicles in Classic since the forum first opened its doors, and perhaps I'm just missing something but I genuinely believe this is one thing that will drastically change the game forever, even for those that opt not to use them. I've never wanted to be wrong so much in my life.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

caledonianblues wrote:
You asked for this shite
Haha, this could be very befitting. If the new vehicle disrupts the game balance to the extent that some of us think, then it could very well be a "careful for you wish for" moment. People have been screaming out for vehicles in Classic since the forum first opened its doors, and perhaps I'm just missing something but I genuinely believe this is one thing that will drastically change the game forever, even for those that opt not to use them. I've never wanted to be wrong so much in my life.
Yes, here I was hoping that COTW would take more from Classic then Classic would take from COTW.
Thanks, ~Jeff

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

caledonianblues wrote:
You asked for this shite
I think for vehicles maybe they should have done a poll of what players might want (and linked it on the main page) rather than just picking one. I imagine horses or canoes might have scored much higher than anything with what looks like wheels! I know I personally had my fingers crossed for a horse.

Maybe it's a horse carrying a spare tire... :P

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”