Status Update - 26th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 26th September 2018

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

I too was hoping for a horse....seems it would have been a better way to hunt,even saddle bags for more storage.....I guess time will tell.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I was hoping for a horse or mule, my hopes went pretty much like QuickDraw shot.

Many players wanted a transport vehicles, but i think there was more players wanting a horse than a motorized vehicle since a horse is a less invasive way of transport than a noisy quad, and some of us remember how fun was in the old classic Deer Hunter series. But if is a quad, utv, atv or Jeep, well lets hope it get well implemented and with not much in the bug side... hope is last to die.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

FR_Bugs wrote:Thanks for this status update.
For the new vehicle, it's perhaps an Electric Quad Bike who made no noise :

I like that one!! Electric, Quiet better than the noise ATV from COTW
IzDaPat
Scout

Post by IzDaPat »

For those who enjoyed that bow hunting video, here is another great one with Cameron Hanes & Joe Rogan:
Spoiler:
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

I was hoping for a horse too, or maybe some kind of motorless boat. I would have also liked a dog pulled sleigh which would take wheels outside Whiterime Ridge :)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well, one way to think about this is, we are getting a vehicle for The hunter, but nobody have ever said that it will be the only vehicle, this will open the door for future vehicles maybe, and horses and stuff, depending in how it is received and sell, and how well work with the current state of the game, same like the Drilling, it could be just the first of many new additions in the same area, after all even the menu screen was modified to implement those new things.

Just like the dogs, it started with a retriever and we now have 3 different, well 2 and a half dogs if you consider the scent hound efficiency.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

VonStratos wrote:Just like the dogs, it started with a retriever and we now have 3 different, well 2 and a half dogs if you consider the scent hound efficiency.
Yep, just a shame the issues with the first one were never properly addressed. I loved the retriever, and the immersion that hunting with a dog added to the game, but it should have been given much more love before new breeds were introduced. The dogs could have been so much more, with much better intelligence and functionality. I will be amazed if an enhancement as complex as a vehicle will be released bug free, and chances are if this vehicle is the first of many to come, then we might see a similar pattern of working from a less-than-optimal foundation, carrying bugs from one iteration to another. That's not a criticism of the developers working on these items; more an acceptance of the reality of the situation. I'm conscious of the fact that I sound very bitter and negative about the forthcoming vehicle, and the truth is I am a bit. The earlier developers and game designers of Classic would just never have entertained motorised vehicles for the game in a million years, and I guess I remain of a similar mindset to them. I realise I'm just one person and there are no doubt thousands of players out there just itching to start tearing up the grass of the EHR. I just hope that for those that don't welcome this new addition, aspects of the game such as competitions, missions and leaderboards, will remain uninfluenced.
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

It has took me 83 days of playing time to get 3,448.90km traveled, it will take no time at all to do this with the new vehicle :(
I will continue playing without the new addition.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

first comes the ATV bending the grass as it goes along....then come the two wheel trail, rubbing out the bent grass...then comes the gravel road to make a smother ride and less muddy.......then comes the asphalt to cover the bald spots in the gravel the wheels knocked the gravel away....then all of the sudden,....there's a six lane freeway running thru Red Feathers Fall......yep, there goes the neighborhood........how sad, how sad......and then some greedy company comes along and makes it a toll road......ain't modern technology grand...... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Thanks for the update.
I've pointed this out before... I scoffed at the idea of having the dogs in the game. Many years ago when I first saw the suggestions I laughed. Now, I like them & think it was a cool addition to the game. I also scoffed at the whole "lodge" idea, I was wrong again - the lodges are very cool.
I have never been in favor of a vehicle in this game. Since it is on the horizon now, I can only hope that I will be wrong again. But... time will tell & I hope for the best.
What is maddening to me, they developed that "competition camera" but don't make it available to the players but now there will be some sort of vehicle to use. If they would market that camera to only be in use in single player mode & without a weapon, I still would have bought it. Just to do a flyover & look at the amazing work they have put into this game would be cool. But,...... somewhere, someone (many people) are excited about this decision.
I must be older than I thought.... I blame that younger generation :shock: .... the money I dump into this game doesn't mean as much as before...meaning, I have all of the stuff. My money is spent. Sure, when the new stuff comes out I still have to decide whether or not to buy it, but the newer players have the money the game needs. They need fresh wallets to keep afloat. Of course, they will still need to have the old folks for their occasional purchases, but the real revenue is coming from the player with 3 guns, an empty lodge, & a healthy Paypal account.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”