Status Update - 26th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Andhii
Scout

Re: Status Update - 26th September 2018

Post by Andhii »

Funny how in "free to hunt this week" out of the 4 duck pictures 2 are rares, a Mallard (black hybrid) and American black duck (mallard hybrid) :p
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this status update.
For the new vehicle, it's perhaps an Electric Quad Bike who made no noise :

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Thanks for the update TK!
caledonianblues wrote:I still just can't imagine vehicles of any sort in Classic, so I await the release with trepidation and curiosity.
I am of the same mind but would characterize my feelings on it as quietly optimistic.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

So much for my hopes in a horse, but i think it will be some kid off hunting buggy(no pun intended) like this one:

two seats because that way is more useful in multiplayer, after all if you are gonna put a four wheels vehicle with an engine the why limit to a quad if you can make it bigger? after all both will have same effect in the animals and environment.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

VonStratos wrote:after all if you are gonna put a four wheels vehicle with an engine the why limit to a quad if you can make it bigger? after all both will have same effect in the animals and environment.
I would guess it will be a quad/atv because of the relative small size. When you think about the collision model in Classic few places would be open enough for anything but a small vehicle. Shame though, a quad is terribly pedestrian. I would rather see a Mule, Gator or Argo.

Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thanks for the update...
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

That is true SoftShoe, and i was thinking that as my first conclusion, but consider that even the human avatar have collision problems often, but the commercial possibilities of implement a vehicle that can carry passengers and loads in multiplayer can surpass the inconvenient of the technical implementation, after all its aimed to sell, and this kind of buggy is not much bigger than a quad, if were only considered from the side of technical impact or environmental effects, a horse or mule could have been much more practical, with a lot less worries about spooking other animals. but yes atv or buggy, something is clear as water, it gonna have lots of collision problems, i can see players trying climb the mountains in WRR with it or getting stuck in a branch in Picca, unless the vehicle is only permitted in wide open reserves like TgT and WRR.

Well is a matter of time and we will see, i think it gonna be a fun vehicle, maybe not great as hunting addition but fun for the lols, more like buying a toy than a tool, but that is just my prejudice and i hope i be wrong.

ImageImage
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

The Bow hunting Elk video makes me wish I was young enough to get out in the field again everyday....
Right now I'm still recovering from my recent surgery. That was a great hunt though.

I got to tell you that the glimpse of the picture is right down the alley of what I was thinking you'd make.
And to me will be a big time saver and go when I need to, instead of the Fast Travel penalty time limit waiting to go as it is now,.. unless it also has one.............. :lol:
Now I just hope you have an economy version also with those different colors................. ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I hope the vehicle come with at least 2 speeds select able, slow for when you want to go somewhere but keeping an eye on your surroundings and a fast speed for that situations when you are rearranging a setup in a reserve and have to go all around a reserve but not focused in hunting.

ImageImage
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:I hope the vehicle come with at least 2 speeds select able, slow for when you want to go somewhere but keeping an eye on your surroundings and a fast speed for that situations when you are rearranging a setup in a reserve and have to go all around a reserve but not focused in hunting.
I sincerely hope there's no need to keep an eye on your surroundings while you're driving because all animals are out of render then. I know that in real life animals aren't easily spooked by cars, but it would probably mess up game balance badly if the vehicle wouldn't spook absolutely everything within render range.

I agree with David that a motorized vehicle in tH:Classic is not what I ever wanted to see. I hope the best, but fear the worst...
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”