Status Update - 26th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Status Update - 26th September 2018

Post by ronMctube »

VonStratos wrote:Perhaps is a good moment to re-think the way of communicate certain news about new features, the "hints and clues" strategy lead to a lot of speculation by the natural lack of information, is like a game to guess what is the new thing, that may work fine when is about a weapon, or a particular animal, but when is something that can potentially change the whole game as we know it and given the state of the game, and the history of "issues that come with major releases" well, it tend to lead to a lot of speculations and theories and a lot of negativity, maybe in this major changes is better just said what is the deal, plain and simple once the development is almost done and is near to be implemented.

That way we could know what is coming and make suggestion and opinions based on information, instead guessing and (in some cases)thinking if the end is nigh.
i said this yesterday also. eminem is the prime eg of this.his previous album was given a date lots of talk about it leading upto release then when it finally came out bang ! waves of bad press it did terrible. his latest one he just dropped it . no anything just out. he did this so people couldnt form opinions like the last album building upto release. i think many things have changed now. media, everything.the way things are released dealt with maybe does need a change. then again thats what these people are paid for. :D to try and find the opptimum way of keeping us happy. ;)
pta993

Post by pta993 »

is it like a beach buggy, lol just a random guess
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

.....aaaaaaaaaaand it's a motorized vehicle....

so long, forum, so long, game!!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

kahuamp wrote:.....aaaaaaaaaaand it's a motorized vehicle....

so long, forum, so long, game!!
Sounds a bit dramatic before having seen the solution. I am sure EW will do everything to not kill their own game with one single feature.

I for my part look forward to chasing animals on four wheels (the latest hint suggests that) and to jumping off some clips! :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HooCairs wrote:I for my part look forward to chasing animals on four wheels (the latest hint suggests that) and to jumping off some clips! :D
Yes, but we all know you want wingsuits and paragliding in theHunter, so from now on, your opinion is null and void :lol:

I jest, of course. But as it happens, being able to chase animals around on four wheels is the one thing I dread the thought of. Before you know it we will be able to buy a mounted machine gun so your buddy can shoot while you drive.

In all seriousness, I share your hope that Expansive Worlds wants to protect their game and won't release something that changes things so drastically. Whatever the vehicle, I hope it spooks animals far beyond the range of any weapon. I know this might not reflect real life, but it's the only sensible compromise.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if it spooks animals at a further range than guns it would make it even easier to herd animals :D i dont think this will happen though or hope...it doesnt.

bottom of loggers point for eg is a horse shoe.so all start middle on atv whatever then drive down together.unless new spooking mechanic or something else has changed animals will just run to the bottom.get trapped.aslong as people do it correctly.if the spook factor is greater it means the animals will just run down into the horse shoe earlier. which is even better for driving.than just shooting.

now if its not sound related spooking maybe the animals wont go down the bottom but continue to push up. which would solve this problem.the thing with this is people could quickly jump off vehicle fire in air to make animal spook backwards again then continue on vehicle.

going to be interesting seeing whats been applied. its actually more interesting than the actual vehicle. :D
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

ronMctube wrote:if it spooks animals at a further range than guns it would make it even easier to herd animals :D i dont think this will happen though or hope...it doesnt.
And this is why they are talking about changing the spooking mechanic.

IMO all they need to do is change it so that instead of the animal running directly away from what spooks it instead randomize it so they spook in one of 8 directions 0,45,90,135,180,225,270 & 315 degrees (yes animals will occasional spook & run straight at you). This would go a long way to obviate the herding advantage of an ATV. it would in effect become like herding cats.

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

SoftShoe wrote:And this is why they are talking about changing the spooking mechanic.
This is an assumption unless EW said otherwise and I missed it.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

J_Birdman wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:And this is why they are talking about changing the spooking mechanic.
This is an assumption unless EW said otherwise and I missed it.
And them asking about changing the spook mechanic on the heels of the vehicle reveal was just a coincidence.

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

DanthemanBoone wrote: T.B.H. Vehicles have been in hunting games from Deer Hunter 2 or 3, and Deer Hunter 2003, Trophy Hunter 2003 etc. They were never a problem then, why should they be now.
Actually the ATV in DH2003 was a problem when first released as you could drive down an animal, jump off and shoot it. This was partly corrected with all weapons being unloaded when you got on it and needing to reload them when yo got off before you could fire. Unfortunately you could still us a bow which loaded instantly.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”