Status Update - 26th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Muglug
Scout

Re: Status Update - 26th September 2018

Post by Muglug »

I think its going to be divided into 3 groups..
1/ Those that want the vehicle with no restrictions.
2/ Those that want the vehicle with some restrictions for game balance.
3/ Those that don't want the vehicle which may put them at a disadvantage doing comps.
Can be picked up from lodge and also tents?.

Last time i played MP you could not use some of your own items, had to be the hosts items, if can use your own vehicle in MP,
what happens to those in group 3 do they have to follow on foot, get a lift (if 2 seater), told to leave the host game, or "To join this
MP hunt you must own a vehicle".
Changed my price tag for vehicle to 1500ems plus fuel.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey all,

If you have not done so, please Watch this video. We are really dedicated to making sure this vehicle maintains balance in the game and this is our key objective for when it is released. Like I mention in the video, our goal is that if you do not want the vehicle, it won’t affect you in anyway, we realise that it will not be everyone’s cup of tea. It will also not greatly disadvantage players who do not own it. In fact, items like callers, tents, optics and treestands will give more advantage to owners, than non owners, than the vehicle ever will.

One thing we can confirm for you, is that they will be optional in Multiplayer and have limitations on them. To the point that it would be easier to herd animals with players (Like the current situation), than it would be with the vehicle.

Discussion is great, but remember a lot of what people are writing is just speculation and assumptions. We all know what this game is about and hunting will not be hurt in any way. However, if you want to discover, explore, set up new heavy equipment in hunting spots or just have some fun, this will be a great addition.

Cheers all and have a good weekend.

TK
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TreeKiwi wrote:Like I mention in the video, our goal is that if you do not want the vehicle, it won’t affect you in anyway, we realise that it will not be everyone’s cup of tea. It will also not greatly disadvantage players who do not own it. In fact, items like callers, tents, optics and treestands will give more advantage to owners, than non owners, than the vehicle ever will.
That's great to hear, Mat. Sorry for my negativity! :oops:

But please don't plan all resources for other stuff straight after release. This is a major item and it's not unlikely that it'll require some tweaking after getting user feedback in. I hope you're prepared for this. I think that right after release, any fixing or tweaking that might be required should have the highest priority, not other things that might be in the pipeline.
TreeKiwi wrote:One thing we can confirm for you, is that they will be optional in Multiplayer and have limitations on them. To the point that it would be easier to herd animals with players (Like the current situation), than it would be with the vehicle.
Good to hear that. I think that means that I can, as a host, prevent people from bringing their cars onto my server if I don't want them to. ;)
PS @Muglug: You can now bring your own large equipment (stands and blinds) onto someone else's server. Everything except bait sites and constructible towers I think...
TreeKiwi wrote:However, if you want to discover, explore, set up new heavy equipment in hunting spots or just have some fun, this will be a great addition.
That's exactly what I would like it for and what I will buy it for. Good to hear it won't penalize those that still like to hunt on foot. :)
Image Image Image
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Big sigh of relief after the All Blacks infos, O too will probably get the thing but am glad to hear it is going to be a fun option not an essential.... great news and hope it all works out
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Good informations, thanks!

MfG L.E.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

TreeKiwi wrote: Discussion is great, but remember a lot of what people are writing is just speculation and assumptions.
Surely you arent suggesting these old ladies quit their grousing are you? Why you would just steal all the joy out of their lives! :lol: :lol: :lol:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:So if they make the vehicle too powerful, it'll be massive P2W and surely turn away a significant group of players. But if they make it so that you can't effectively use it while hunting, it'll disappoint another group of players and it might not sell enough for a return on investment.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't think it should be possible to use vehicles as a hunting aid. I think as a tool for setting up reserves it could be very valuable, but expectations will no doubt vary. In my ideal world, using vehicles should carry a heavy penalty but that might detract from their value and make them less appealing to others.
Tanngnjostr wrote:Sorry for my negativity!
Yeah, same from me. I just care deeply about this game and worry about its future.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

as i said earlier its normal for people to speculate and we mostly know how important it is to get it right. dont take this as a negative because people are wondering about ingame balance or exploitation thats normal. people care about the game they dont want their experience ruined. its great you clarified some of this. it will help with the launch knowing so.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Perhaps is a good moment to re-think the way of communicate certain news about new features, the "hints and clues" strategy lead to a lot of speculation by the natural lack of information, is like a game to guess what is the new thing, that may work fine when is about a weapon, or a particular animal, but when is something that can potentially change the whole game as we know it and given the state of the game, and the history of "issues that come with major releases" well, it tend to lead to a lot of speculations and theories and a lot of negativity, maybe in this major changes is better just said what is the deal, plain and simple once the development is almost done and is near to be implemented.

That way we could know what is coming and make suggestion and opinions based on information, instead guessing and (in some cases)thinking if the end is nigh.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

ronMctube wrote:as i said earlier its normal for people to speculate and we mostly know how important it is to get it right. dont take this as a negative because people are wondering about ingame balance or exploitation thats normal. people care about the game they dont want their experience ruined. its great you clarified some of this. it will help with the launch knowing so.
Yes, people only complain because they care about the game and don't like the direction the game is going if we didn't care we wouldn't complain.
That simple.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”