Mid- September Madness

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Mid- September Madness

Post by J_Birdman »

HooCairs wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:The Tiny Nightmares (Gold Rank) comp is accepting willow ptarmigans shot on the ground. Just got credited for two of them, my second harvest scoring higher and replacing the first.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/j_bi ... /618720280
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/j_bi ... /618722398
They also count ground-shot in the regular comps.
Ok? I'm talking about this event's comp.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Yeah I meant that "feature" also exists in regular comps. Think it is wrong to ever let them count ground-shot.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Oh, I thought you were saying that it was allowed. So this "feature" is a longstanding failure that should have been fixed long ago but still exists, even in this event. Got it.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

These comps get more massive every time. I started the waterfowl comp yesterday and then thought there is no way I can shoot birds all week and keep up. I would have to take the week off. Went back to the normal comps. I thought this was meant to be corrected but it seems to go the other way.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

The bird requirements have been fixed now, they now have to be airborne to count for the competitions.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

"Best Bucks" is what I'm all about! I'm totally going to angle to win in my bracket. I absolutely love deer-hunting, it's why I play the game! I'm having LOADS of fun so far. I'm 1st but uhh, only one other player in the leaderboard in Bronze so far :lol: I doubt it'll last so I'll savor it while I can.

What I did was made a list (because I don't care about the other animals, so I'm not gonna be killing everything in a reserve) of each deer. I ticked 'em all off one by one, then am going back to try to improve scores on the ones that can have the biggest improvements, and the ones I had the smallest scores on. I don't know if there's much point in trying to improve a Sitka's score, but an Elk! :D
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Sounds like a good plan, SheWolf :-).
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TheSheWolf wrote:What I did was made a list (because I don't care about the other animals, so I'm not gonna be killing everything in a reserve) of each deer. I ticked 'em all off one by one, then am going back to try to improve scores on the ones that can have the biggest improvements, and the ones I had the smallest scores on. I don't know if there's much point in trying to improve a Sitka's score, but an Elk! :D
Everyone fervently aiming to do well in the comp will do exactly this. ;)
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

BUT I'M GONNA WIN IT!

I hope :D
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

@Mat Tree Kiwi
Just 1 question. I just want to know why when you shoot the 2nd, 3rd, same type of animal and it is a smaller score why the pop-up comes up saying it
will be used for that comp? Is it broke? I have all the Comps ticked to play in my tier to just go shoot every animal. I don't care too much about writing down the scores
to keep track of what I had shot, but I do it anyways to keep track of individual animal scores for fast checking. I really don't want to go into Stats to find scores. I just
want some confirmation saying that the smaller scores don't over-ride any larger scores even though that is the way it is supposed to work.
In other words is the score keeping in the comps working correctly?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”