Mid- September Madness

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Mid- September Madness

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I can hardly believe my own luck. I planned to get an entry in the "Best Bucks" competition since I love deer hunting, but I was convinced with 12 different species and just one regular week to hunt them, I'd probably be happy to have any score.

A 235 roe deer, a 221 moose, a 401 RM elk and a 388 roosevelt elk and now a 192 whitetail deer later it looks like I might even compete for a top ten spot (or more): https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions ... eaderboard. :? Please keep your fingers crossed for me, guys - it's been one great week so far! :)
Image Image Image
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I can hardly believe my own luck. I planned to get an entry in the "Best Bucks" competition since I love deer hunting, but I was convinced with 12 different species and just one regular week to hunt them, I'd probably be happy to have any score.

A 235 roe deer, a 221 moose, a 401 RM elk and a 388 roosevelt elk and now a 192 whitetail deer later it looks like I might even compete for a top ten spot (or more): https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions ... eaderboard. :? Please keep your fingers crossed for me, guys - it's been one great week so far! :)
Good luck..............ain't it nice when things role into place........ ;)
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

...only airborne Turkey missing for Tiny Nightmares, but have to go to sleep :(. I only managed to do it once - it took more than 5 hits with 12GA pump action shotgun and luring the same turkey 3 times. But unfortunately first shot next to the turkey on the ground to spook it to air apparently went also to body, so not counted as airborne. Well, I'm just a beginner, maybe next time - but it seems to me like pretty difficult competition, nobody listed as successful in Hematite (beginner) rank, so far.
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

It was a nice event, thanks EW Team.
Nice trophies and rewards, very challenging to keep a place in the leaderboards.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

A fun event indeed - and very rewarding. My taxidermist was pretty busy in the past week and I have quite a few racks to put into my lodge. I was happy to win the silver tier of the "Best Bucks" competition - it's my first win in an official tH event. Since deer hunting is what I love most in the game, I'm really proud of that achievement.

Congrats to all the other winners too! That's a nice collection, FR_Bugs!
Thanks to EW for hosting this event. Beautiful trophies and generous prizes. :)
Image Image Image
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Congrats Marc ;)
@Ravenousfox : I had to express myself badly, I meant to keep 1st place. sorry for my bad english
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

FR_Bugs wrote:It was a nice event, thanks EW Team.
Nice trophies and rewards, very challenging to keep a place in the leaderboards.

Very nice and well done! 50 hours well invested it seems. Such mega comps are designed for us crazy ones. :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

HooCairs wrote: Very nice and well done! 50 hours well invested it seems. Such mega comps are designed for us crazy ones. :P
Thanks HooCairs.
Yes, you're right, but we definitively spend tooooo many time on this game :D

Edit : Bad word :)
Last edited by FR_Bugs on September 24th, 2018, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Congrats to the winners! I had really, really hoped to at least place in Bucks, but IRL + terrible luck had me beat this time. Next time! :twisted:

My experience this time out, summarized in one photo:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

TheSheWolf wrote:Congrats to the winners! I had really, really hoped to at least place in Bucks, but IRL + terrible luck had me beat this time. Next time! :twisted:
Dont be too upset. I spent 50 hours hunting for a 5th place which equates to $1 EM per hour.
This would have to be the worst experience I have ever had in this game in any comp I've ever entered.. Luck had very little to do with it.The lack of trophy animals and the saturation of small bucks and does on all the maps combined with the overall total lack of animals in any of places I hunted, has left me with a serious reluctance to renew my membership for the first time in 9 years..
The whole concept of this being a fun game and a relaxational pursuit is slipping further and further into the realm of "What Once Was."
Animal numbers were way down on those of previous hunts and trophy animals nearly non existent. Sambhur and Rusa stags were all down in the lower third of the possible scores. I saw the smallest whitetail buck I have ever come across. The rest of the few I saw were not much better.
Why would the Devs think that reducing animal numbers would make a competition better. It would have been far better to increase the numbers of Trophy animals so everyone could have enjoyed a far more satisfying experience than have it turn into a slog fest. September Madness was an apt description.
Check out the numbers of players that were able to post a result in each of the tiers, and ask how many failed to make the cut.

I have a lot more fun hunting Primal Eden.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”