Mid- September Madness

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
kolobok12
Spotter

Re: Mid- September Madness

Post by kolobok12 »

Thanks for the event! A great trophy and a reward.Congratulations to all the winners! 3 gold trophies joined my ranks. Lor45 made me nervous XD.Good luck everyone.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:Congrats to the winners! I had really, really hoped to at least place in Bucks, but IRL + terrible luck had me beat this time. Next time! :twisted:
Dont be too upset. I spent 50 hours hunting for a 5th place which equates to $1 EM per hour.
This would have to be the worst experience I have ever had in this game in any comp I've ever entered.. Luck had very little to do with it.The lack of trophy animals and the saturation of small bucks and does on all the maps combined with the overall total lack of animals in any of places I hunted, has left me with a serious reluctance to renew my membership for the first time in 9 years..
The whole concept of this being a fun game and a relaxational pursuit is slipping further and further into the realm of "What Once Was."
Animal numbers were way down on those of previous hunts and trophy animals nearly non existent. Sambhur and Rusa stags were all down in the lower third of the possible scores. I saw the smallest whitetail buck I have ever come across. The rest of the few I saw were not much better.
Why would the Devs think that reducing animal numbers would make a competition better. It would have been far better to increase the numbers of Trophy animals so everyone could have enjoyed a far more satisfying experience than have it turn into a slog fest. September Madness was an apt description.
Check out the numbers of players that were able to post a result in each of the tiers, and ask how many failed to make the cut.

I have a lot more fun hunting Primal Eden.
Yeah it certainly seemed that the trophy animals were null. I had the same thought as I pursued 10th place. Why were the trophy animals so rare... EW? ;) Peace.

BCKIdd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Congrats to all the winners in the Comps. I started all of them but didn't even get around in finishing them,...
other things in life sometimes demand more of my time. Maybe next event. 1 thing though I didn't find any shortage
of animals running around for the small amount of time I did put in, and sometimes not finishing a comp doesn't mean everyone was having a hard time with it,...
It's really how much effort you put into it and sooner or later you will find the animals if you concentrate what you really
want to get out of the comp.
Have a good 1.....
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BCKidd wrote:Why were the trophy animals so rare... EW? ;) Peace.
Because I got them all... :D
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage
For me, with these big events and competitions, it comes down to having a little luck in my first attempts - if find a few big ones at the start, I'm willing to invest time and effort and then bringing it home can be a matter of experience and perserverance. If I only find the small ones in my first two or three hunts, I might lose motivation and give up. Just like in your "2nd Annual Big Bear" comp on UHC - I was lucky to find the big polar bears in my first attempts on WRR and then I was hooked. Had I not found them, I'm not sure I would even have finished the comp.

But I know the feeling that someone removed the trophies from the reserves, I know it very well from past experience. ;)
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nice critters there Tann! So you did take all them critters. Not very nice, you could've left a few for others. :P :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”