Status Update - 5th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
1Al
Scout
Posts: 378
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 8:18 am
Location: Italy

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby 1Al » September 10th, 2018, 3:18 am

SoftShoe wrote:I have to say I disagree with you rather strongly on this. As someone who used to hunts bobcat a great deal & only ever shot 3 over the span of 30 years when I 1st came to classic & got my 1st bobcat I was absolutely delighted! Then I realized just how easy they are to hunt, now I take no more joy out of bagging them than a 150+ buck.
You want to just be able to go out & kill stuff. Thats great, have at it. There are 20 something species that fit that bill for you. You dont want to work to get a trophy? Thats fine to, once again there are allot of other species out there for you to mow down but let us have our rare & difficult to hunt animal.
Some people want things handed to them, others realize the worth comes in the earning.

That's your opinion. Maybe you dont know exactly a different hunting style. For instance I find your way to hunt very boring :mrgreen: It's matter of taste, as ever.
Spoiler:


Image
User avatar
SoftShoe
Hunter
Posts: 947
Joined: January 10th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby SoftShoe » September 10th, 2018, 8:02 am

1Al wrote: For instance I find your way to hunt very boring :mrgreen: It's matter of taste, as ever.


No sir, you find my way to play a video game boring.

Image
User avatar
DHRifleman
Team Hunter
Posts: 10489
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby DHRifleman » September 10th, 2018, 4:45 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:I find hunting for good trophies to be what attracts me to play, and rares to be something that is an opportunistic surprise when they happen. I don't target rares and would think most don't either.
Having the lynx numbers small will also make the number of players targeting them smaller as well. That means less USB sticks, and urine sold, and less revenue generated from the work put into creating the lynx.
I guess EW will see how the sale of items for them goes and if the reduced number was the way to go or not.


I don't think anyone would go out targeting rares, you would go crazy.

I think you might have read the line a little wrong, they are not rare, like rares. But should make you feel good when you bag one, like a rare does... if you get my drift?

Like mentioned previously, this is going to be interesting, because it depends on each individual to what they find a challenge and if they enjoy one? The Lynx have been implemented in a way that reflects them in real life, so it's not like we are making them unrealistically hard, or thier population numbers incorrect. As per usual though, we will monitor the feedback as well as provide lots of support and information to help the community bag some :)


"The Lynx is by design a very rare and elusive animal. They are always going to be in a spawn, but have low population numbers and are very jumpy"
I take "very rare" and "low population numbers" to mean that there will be very few loading.

Now unless they spawn, and roam in a very small area of the map, just finding them could be just plain frustrating, let alone if they are spooky.
If they do just load, and roam in a small area, once that is known it really just become load in, activate caller, and wait, which really isn't a great incentive to hunt them or much of an achievement either.
But as I said, time will show based on item sales if this was the correct way to go, since the only reason the game exists is to make money.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
User avatar
BCKidd
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5685
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: British Columbia

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby BCKidd » September 10th, 2018, 5:52 pm

DHRifleman wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:I find hunting for good trophies to be what attracts me to play, and rares to be something that is an opportunistic surprise when they happen. I don't target rares and would think most don't either.
Having the lynx numbers small will also make the number of players targeting them smaller as well. That means less USB sticks, and urine sold, and less revenue generated from the work put into creating the lynx.
I guess EW will see how the sale of items for them goes and if the reduced number was the way to go or not.


I don't think anyone would go out targeting rares, you would go crazy.

I think you might have read the line a little wrong, they are not rare, like rares. But should make you feel good when you bag one, like a rare does... if you get my drift?

Like mentioned previously, this is going to be interesting, because it depends on each individual to what they find a challenge and if they enjoy one? The Lynx have been implemented in a way that reflects them in real life, so it's not like we are making them unrealistically hard, or thier population numbers incorrect. As per usual though, we will monitor the feedback as well as provide lots of support and information to help the community bag some :)


"The Lynx is by design a very rare and elusive animal. They are always going to be in a spawn, but have low population numbers and are very jumpy"
I take "very rare" and "low population numbers" to mean that there will be very few loading.

Now unless they spawn, and roam in a very small area of the map, just finding them could be just plain frustrating, let alone if they are spooky.
If they do just load, and roam in a small area, once that is known it really just become load in, activate caller, and wait, which really isn't a great incentive to hunt them or much of an achievement either.
But as I said, time will show based on item sales if this was the correct way to go, since the only reason the game exists is to make money.


I totally agree with that. Never thought of it to be like that, let's hope it isn't. It would really be a bore- no satisfaction at all. Nice to see you're still kickin' too, by the way DHR. Ain't read much from you in a while. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
User avatar
ClemD
Scout
Posts: 311
Joined: May 5th, 2010, 8:48 pm
Location: Space Coast, Florida

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby ClemD » September 11th, 2018, 10:00 am

It is true that in IRL the lynx avoid humans and hunt at night. Here is a lynx I caught in a trap when I was 16. We were a family of trappers at the time. We could caught around 25 lynx per winter. During all those years we (my dad, my brother and I) never saw a live lynx, except in a trap. We would see many tracks however as they are nocturnal animals.
Image
Very good souvenirs... :) :)

Rare: 140 – Melanistic: 8, Albino: 35, Piebald: 53, Others: 44
Competitions: 75 – Gold: 23, Silver: 27, Bronze: 22, Events: 3
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4215
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby gas56 » September 11th, 2018, 1:24 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:I don't think anyone would go out targeting rares, you would go crazy.
I think you might have read the line a little wrong, they are not rare, like rares. But should make you feel good when you bag one, like a rare does... if you get my drift?


I'm not crazy yet............. :shock:
But you're right, targeting a rare,.. but I've always got an eye open to see one,.. even though that doesn't happen a lot... ;)
But it may be a new hunting strategy when the Lynx are released....................... :lol:
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4215
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby gas56 » September 11th, 2018, 1:25 pm

ClemD wrote:It is true that in IRL the lynx avoid humans and hunt at night. Here is a lynx I caught in a trap when I was 16. We were a family of trappers at the time. We could caught around 25 lynx per winter. During all those years we (my dad, my brother and I) never saw a live lynx, except in a trap. We would see many tracks however as they are nocturnal animals.
Image
Very good souvenirs... :) :)


Wow,.. that's been a while...
and nice cat..... ;)
Do you mind if I ask where that picture was taken?
User avatar
ClemD
Scout
Posts: 311
Joined: May 5th, 2010, 8:48 pm
Location: Space Coast, Florida

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby ClemD » September 11th, 2018, 4:38 pm

gas56 wrote:
ClemD wrote:It is true that in IRL the lynx avoid humans and hunt at night. Here is a lynx I caught in a trap when I was 16. We were a family of trappers at the time. We could caught around 25 lynx per winter. During all those years we (my dad, my brother and I) never saw a live lynx, except in a trap. We would see many tracks however as they are nocturnal animals.
Image
Very good souvenirs... :) :)


Wow,.. that's been a while...
and nice cat..... ;)
Do you mind if I ask where that picture was taken?


The picture was taken near Parent, Province of Quebec, Canada, where I was born. It is a small village in the deep woods approximately 175 miles (280 km) North of Montreal. It was and still is one the best locations for hunting, fishing and trapping. :) :) :)

Rare: 140 – Melanistic: 8, Albino: 35, Piebald: 53, Others: 44
Competitions: 75 – Gold: 23, Silver: 27, Bronze: 22, Events: 3
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4215
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby gas56 » September 11th, 2018, 7:06 pm

ClemD wrote:
gas56 wrote:
ClemD wrote:It is true that in IRL the lynx avoid humans and hunt at night. Here is a lynx I caught in a trap when I was 16. We were a family of trappers at the time. We could caught around 25 lynx per winter. During all those years we (my dad, my brother and I) never saw a live lynx, except in a trap. We would see many tracks however as they are nocturnal animals.
Image
Very good souvenirs... :) :)


Wow,.. that's been a while...
and nice cat..... ;)
Do you mind if I ask where that picture was taken?


The picture was taken near Parent, Province of Quebec, Canada, where I was born. It is a small village in the deep woods approximately 175 miles (280 km) North of Montreal. It was and still is one the best locations for hunting, fishing and trapping. :) :) :)


I can believe that!
I camped a couple of weeks at Mont Tremblant National Park in the early 70's and it was pretty much wilderness the deeper you got in and Parent is about another 100 miles up north above it.
I live in Ohio so that is why I say up north.............. :lol:
Have a good 1......
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2312
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Postby TreeKiwi » September 12th, 2018, 2:41 am

ClemD wrote:It is true that in IRL the lynx avoid humans and hunt at night. Here is a lynx I caught in a trap when I was 16. We were a family of trappers at the time. We could caught around 25 lynx per winter. During all those years we (my dad, my brother and I) never saw a live lynx, except in a trap. We would see many tracks however as they are nocturnal animals.
Image
Very good souvenirs... :) :)


Great photo!

I bet you have some great photos in your collection and a lot of good stories as well!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jamesclavell and 1 guest