Status Update - 5th September 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
1Al
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 5th September 2018

Post by 1Al »

SoftShoe wrote:I have to say I disagree with you rather strongly on this. As someone who used to hunts bobcat a great deal & only ever shot 3 over the span of 30 years when I 1st came to classic & got my 1st bobcat I was absolutely delighted! Then I realized just how easy they are to hunt, now I take no more joy out of bagging them than a 150+ buck.
You want to just be able to go out & kill stuff. Thats great, have at it. There are 20 something species that fit that bill for you. You dont want to work to get a trophy? Thats fine to, once again there are allot of other species out there for you to mow down but let us have our rare & difficult to hunt animal.
Some people want things handed to them, others realize the worth comes in the earning.
That's your opinion. Maybe you dont know exactly a different hunting style. For instance I find your way to hunt very boring :mrgreen: It's matter of taste, as ever.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

1Al wrote: For instance I find your way to hunt very boring :mrgreen: It's matter of taste, as ever.
No sir, you find my way to play a video game boring.

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

TreeKiwi wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:I find hunting for good trophies to be what attracts me to play, and rares to be something that is an opportunistic surprise when they happen. I don't target rares and would think most don't either.
Having the lynx numbers small will also make the number of players targeting them smaller as well. That means less USB sticks, and urine sold, and less revenue generated from the work put into creating the lynx.
I guess EW will see how the sale of items for them goes and if the reduced number was the way to go or not.
I don't think anyone would go out targeting rares, you would go crazy.

I think you might have read the line a little wrong, they are not rare, like rares. But should make you feel good when you bag one, like a rare does... if you get my drift?

Like mentioned previously, this is going to be interesting, because it depends on each individual to what they find a challenge and if they enjoy one? The Lynx have been implemented in a way that reflects them in real life, so it's not like we are making them unrealistically hard, or thier population numbers incorrect. As per usual though, we will monitor the feedback as well as provide lots of support and information to help the community bag some :)
"The Lynx is by design a very rare and elusive animal. They are always going to be in a spawn, but have low population numbers and are very jumpy"
I take "very rare" and "low population numbers" to mean that there will be very few loading.

Now unless they spawn, and roam in a very small area of the map, just finding them could be just plain frustrating, let alone if they are spooky.
If they do just load, and roam in a small area, once that is known it really just become load in, activate caller, and wait, which really isn't a great incentive to hunt them or much of an achievement either.
But as I said, time will show based on item sales if this was the correct way to go, since the only reason the game exists is to make money.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DHRifleman wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:I find hunting for good trophies to be what attracts me to play, and rares to be something that is an opportunistic surprise when they happen. I don't target rares and would think most don't either.
Having the lynx numbers small will also make the number of players targeting them smaller as well. That means less USB sticks, and urine sold, and less revenue generated from the work put into creating the lynx.
I guess EW will see how the sale of items for them goes and if the reduced number was the way to go or not.
I don't think anyone would go out targeting rares, you would go crazy.

I think you might have read the line a little wrong, they are not rare, like rares. But should make you feel good when you bag one, like a rare does... if you get my drift?

Like mentioned previously, this is going to be interesting, because it depends on each individual to what they find a challenge and if they enjoy one? The Lynx have been implemented in a way that reflects them in real life, so it's not like we are making them unrealistically hard, or thier population numbers incorrect. As per usual though, we will monitor the feedback as well as provide lots of support and information to help the community bag some :)
"The Lynx is by design a very rare and elusive animal. They are always going to be in a spawn, but have low population numbers and are very jumpy"
I take "very rare" and "low population numbers" to mean that there will be very few loading.

Now unless they spawn, and roam in a very small area of the map, just finding them could be just plain frustrating, let alone if they are spooky.
If they do just load, and roam in a small area, once that is known it really just become load in, activate caller, and wait, which really isn't a great incentive to hunt them or much of an achievement either.
But as I said, time will show based on item sales if this was the correct way to go, since the only reason the game exists is to make money.
I totally agree with that. Never thought of it to be like that, let's hope it isn't. It would really be a bore- no satisfaction at all. Nice to see you're still kickin' too, by the way DHR. Ain't read much from you in a while. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

It is true that in IRL the lynx avoid humans and hunt at night. Here is a lynx I caught in a trap when I was 16. We were a family of trappers at the time. We could caught around 25 lynx per winter. During all those years we (my dad, my brother and I) never saw a live lynx, except in a trap. We would see many tracks however as they are nocturnal animals.
Very good souvenirs... :) :)

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

TreeKiwi wrote:I don't think anyone would go out targeting rares, you would go crazy.
I'm not crazy yet............. :shock:
But you're right, targeting a rare,.. but I've always got an eye open to see one,.. even though that doesn't happen a lot... ;)
But it may be a new hunting strategy when the Lynx are released....................... :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ClemD wrote:It is true that in IRL the lynx avoid humans and hunt at night. Here is a lynx I caught in a trap when I was 16. We were a family of trappers at the time. We could caught around 25 lynx per winter. During all those years we (my dad, my brother and I) never saw a live lynx, except in a trap. We would see many tracks however as they are nocturnal animals.
Wow,.. that's been a while...
and nice cat..... ;)
Do you mind if I ask where that picture was taken?
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

gas56 wrote:
ClemD wrote:It is true that in IRL the lynx avoid humans and hunt at night. Here is a lynx I caught in a trap when I was 16. We were a family of trappers at the time. We could caught around 25 lynx per winter. During all those years we (my dad, my brother and I) never saw a live lynx, except in a trap. We would see many tracks however as they are nocturnal animals.
and nice cat..... ;)
The picture was taken near Parent, Province of Quebec, Canada, where I was born. It is a small village in the deep woods approximately 175 miles (280 km) North of Montreal. It was and still is one the best locations for hunting, fishing and trapping. :) :) :)

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ClemD wrote:
gas56 wrote:
and nice cat..... ;)
The picture was taken near Parent, Province of Quebec, Canada, where I was born. It is a small village in the deep woods approximately 175 miles (280 km) North of Montreal. It was and still is one the best locations for hunting, fishing and trapping. :) :) :)
I can believe that!
I camped a couple of weeks at Mont Tremblant National Park in the early 70's and it was pretty much wilderness the deeper you got in and Parent is about another 100 miles up north above it.
I live in Ohio so that is why I say up north.............. :lol:
Have a good 1......
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Great photo!

I bet you have some great photos in your collection and a lot of good stories as well!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”