Status Update - 22nd August 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Status Update - 22nd August 2018

Post by HooCairs »

HD_Artworks wrote:Why the "Guest Hunting" section on the main page still not updated?!
I am pretty sure the answer is that this is not automated and somebody needs to update this manually. :? :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Thanks for the SU. Looking forward to meet the lynx in Hemmeldal - it fits in there perfectly ;) and it looks great.

As i mentioned earlier, dont forget missions/comps for the all-ready existing animals, that dont have missions/comps yet ;)
Hunting is living
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Adding animals to the reserves is always positive but the lynx...is probably the least hunted animal of the game and will be completely irrelevant in a map then as Hemmendal i want to see who will leave to search for lynxes at Hemmendal...I'm sorry i can not join the chorus of enthusiasts...is that ok so what should we do?
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

MaxVe wrote:Adding animals to the reserves is always positive but the lynx...is probably the least hunted animal of the game and will be completely irrelevant in a map then as Hemmendal i want to see who will leave to search for lynxes at Hemmendal...I'm sorry i can not join the chorus of enthusiasts...is that ok so what should we do?
If you don't want to hunt lynx that's fine, there's 45 other species for you to enjoy. :)
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Mills wrote:Thanks for the update TK. With the addition of quite a few more animals into theHunter recently and the amounts of different species on each reserve increasing I hope you folks will consider increasing the carry weight. It makes it hard to equip properly to ethically harvest each species as well as meet certain requirements for comps/missions. I've held off on any of the backpacks because they currently do not serve a purpose other than for looks. If you have a backpack equipped I think it should add an additional 10 points to the carry weight.
THIS.

More capacity, AND two more small item slots, AND a longer range glass/rangefinder. Oh and a much better inventory UI.

Thanks EW.
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Mills wrote:
MaxVe wrote:Adding animals to the reserves is always positive but the lynx...is probably the least hunted animal of the game and will be completely irrelevant in a map then as Hemmendal i want to see who will leave to search for lynxes at Hemmendal...I'm sorry i can not join the chorus of enthusiasts...is that ok so what should we do?
If you don't want to hunt lynx that's fine, there's 45 other species for you to enjoy. :)
In fact i did not say that it is bad but that the lynx is not hunted by almost anyone so do not move an inch of the game, if you consider that flees when you are 200 meters and more that does not believe in any recall (nor the wind or electronic) i let you imagine what the prospects, in any case for me the lynx could be in all the reserves do not give me any trouble and do not create any problem i meant that the weight of that animal is equal to zero...
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I don't know abut more capacity, that would turn the game into something too easy, after all with a bow and shotgun you can take everything, not mention there s rifles that can take a lot of animals. But i agree about the backpack, the backpack only serving as aesthetic purpose is just weird, i mean, a scarf, a hat, a shirt can only serve for aesthetics, but who goes out with a backpack just to say "Hey look at my backpack, cool ain't so?", my solution for the backpack would be use them as a slot to put an additional set of clothes, similar to a loadout, so if you go into a reserve with the set that provides camo in forest and the you go into an area of open hills you switch clothes with the backpack, if you think logically, what do we carry in a backpack when going outdoor? a change of clothes.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

MaxVe wrote:
Mills wrote:
In fact i did not say that it is bad but that the lynx is not hunted by almost anyone so do not move an inch of the game, if you consider that flees when you are 200 meters and more that does not believe in any recall (nor the wind or electronic) i let you imagine what the prospects, in any case for me the lynx could be in all the reserves do not give me any trouble and do not create any problem i meant that the weight of that animal is equal to zero...
The bobcat is in reserves with tall grass and lots of bushes and trees which makes it hard to spot. Lynxes are several times bigger than bobcats and in Hemmeldal they will be much easier to spot. I'm looking forward to this!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”