Status Update - 15th August 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 15th August 2018

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this SU Mat, can we know when you'll release the new species please ?
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

FR_Bugs wrote:Thanks for this SU Mat, can we know when you'll release the new species please ?
I know it, it's a Doc species :lol: :lol:
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Thanks for the SU :) I'm looking forward to the new specie - but i have a big wish. I hope you guys/galls soon will come up with new missions/comps for the all-ready existing species that dont have missions/comps. Some off them have been around for quite a while now ;)
Hunting is living
DarKAT

Post by DarKAT »

hey Mat
im unable to hunt this week's free huntable species. i launched a hunt but the RM Elk still spotted as unhuntable.
-DK
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Oswald74 wrote:Thanks to all who support the idea of upright stalking!

I think the devs know what's the best and easiest way to implement such a Feature.

MfG L.E.
I would love to see upright stalking returned to the game! Yes folks, before Multiplayer was added, walking speed was slower, and more realistic, but when they made the jump to MP they increased it for some reason, while crouching and running remained the same. Ever since, it's almost like we're speed walking.

It was never fully explained why this happened but I for one have never liked it. Just watch the groups of players walking on this 2014 MP trailer, it still looks like it's been sped up to 1.5x the original recording speed for video effect: https://youtu.be/1unm0BuUAgQ

Hunters rarely walk that fast IRL, unless they're trying to catch up to a fleeing animal or racing against daylight. Returning upright stalking to the game would be a huge improvement IMO... BUT... as others have sadly made clear, EW's record on implementing significant change is spotty to say the least. Quite frankly, we're afraid to ask for new features anymore. :? :(
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Tod1d wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote: Yes this would be nice. I have already figured out how it can be implemented. Using the run key, change it such that you can toggle between speed for your hunter with a little glyph showing which speed. One toggle will show one tick mark for slow walking for stalking (current crouch walking speed). Two toggles will show two tick marks for normal walking speed (current standing walking speed). Three toggles will show three tick marks for running (current running speed).
Or just drop the Run key (Caps Lock), and have 5 modes controlled with the slower/faster keys (CTRL, Shift)

Run
Walk
Stalk (the new one)
Crouch
Prone/Crawl
And why not Jump too?
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

1Al wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote: Yes this would be nice. I have already figured out how it can be implemented. Using the run key, change it such that you can toggle between speed for your hunter with a little glyph showing which speed. One toggle will show one tick mark for slow walking for stalking (current crouch walking speed). Two toggles will show two tick marks for normal walking speed (current standing walking speed). Three toggles will show three tick marks for running (current running speed).
Or just drop the Run key (Caps Lock), and have 5 modes controlled with the slower/faster keys (CTRL, Shift)

Run
Walk
Stalk (the new one)
Crouch
Prone/Crawl
And why not Jump too?
Because if they add jump, it should be available in all stances, except prone. I would rather see the jump key as the space-bar or configurable, but separate from stance/speed.

Since Run is only available with standing upright, it doesn't make much sense to me to have it a separate key.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Tod1d wrote:
1Al wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

Run
Walk
Stalk (the new one)
Crouch
Prone/Crawl
And why not Jump too?
Because if they add jump, it should be available in all stances, except prone. I would rather see the jump key as the space-bar or configurable, but separate from stance/speed.

Since Run is only available with standing upright, it doesn't make much sense to me to have it a separate key.
Actually I thought jump only in run mode, in walk and crouch mode for me it doesnt make much sense, especially for the results of a jump in crouch mode :mrgreen: There is the space bar or another configurable key, but working just in run mode.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”