Status Update - 8th August 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
dj.p.king
Scout

Re: Status Update - 8th August 2018

Post by dj.p.king »

seem like there's no pleasing ppl here.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

D3AKUs wrote: Seems to have a massive drop off over 200m tho. Tryed to shoot a roe on VDB at around 280 and the bullet splashed into the water in front of it at what felt like at least 20+m away from the animal.:P
So it (bullet) behaved just as it should, propably ;)

http://gundata.org/cartridge/88/9.3x74r

But my question is, because I don't have both of them, shouldn't it be the same or better (longer barrel) than fired from 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle? Does the last one don't have such a drop? Just asking.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

T.K. Can you clarify?.
The new 16g slug ammo is described as suitable for all 16g shotguns on the permitted ammo list on the new 16g drilling page.
But it is not shown or listed on the 16g double barrel page.
On the 16g slug page it shows two 16g drillings but no 16g double barrel shotgun.
Is the new 16g slug permitted ammo for the 16g double barrel shotgun?.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Sherab86 wrote:
D3AKUs wrote: Seems to have a massive drop off over 200m tho. Tryed to shoot a roe on VDB at around 280 and the bullet splashed into the water in front of it at what felt like at least 20+m away from the animal.:P
So it (bullet) behaved just as it should, propably ;)

http://gundata.org/cartridge/88/9.3x74r
Oh nice data on that graphic ! thanks mate. Haha so my guess with the 20m was pretty accurate in the end :D
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

DanthemanBoone wrote:T.K. Can you clarify?.
The new 16g slug ammo is described as suitable for all 16g shotguns on the permitted ammo list on the new 16g drilling page.
But it is not shown or listed on the 16g double barrel page.
On the 16g slug page it shows two 16g drillings but no 16g double barrel shotgun.
Is the new 16g slug permitted ammo for the 16g double barrel shotgun?.
Hey mate,

Hmmm well spotted! It is only intended for the new Drilling gun. I will get them to tidy the descriptions up!

Hope you are well!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Tanngnjostr wrote:By the way: I don't really understand why you don't use all the space available on the screen (instead of having most of it black), then we wouldn't have to switch tabs so often. Do we really still have to cater to 800x600 resolution?
Yeah right? All of this stuff, every single slot, could easily fit into one screen without the use of tabs at all. :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

drakle wrote:Great update!

Hmm... I might get the new gun, since I have a mouse, but I’m not too sure I’ll use it too much since I have a laptop.

New animal in Hemmeldal? Hmm, maybe Wolverine? Since there was a blank spot in the animal signature when the german pointer got released.
That would be awesome! I'd love to see a skunkbear up in them hills. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stuntmstr

Post by stuntmstr »

New animal coming :o .
My guesses will be either Beaver, Wolverine, Fallow deer or Mountain Lion (Not sure if they have these in sweden though).
Last edited by stuntmstr on August 9th, 2018, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunter and rugby player.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Thanks for the new weapon EW (good choice of calibers) and I'm amped looking forward to the new species on Hemmeldal. (Thinks Lynx!) It's one of my favorite maps, if only for its similarity to my childhood home in the foothills of the northern Canadian Rockies, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. This will certainly help. Thank you very much. Jimbo.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

I guess the new animal is lynx as they could easily re-skin a bobcat. Could also be the mountain hare which could be re-skinned from a snowshoe hare.
Capercaillie or black grouse would be cool, but I somehow doubt it.
Another option would be wolverine, or maybe even wolves - but PLEASE don't give them the chase behavior in that case! That has already ruined elk hunting in TgT.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”