Status Update - 8th August 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 8th August 2018

Post by Sherab86 »

Knut wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:I just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBP-y0u19o&t=194s on youtube and I need to ask why would the rear sight flip down when you change to shotgun mode?

That's because it does on RL Drillings, too.
It's actually based on some neat mechanics, that are built into the rail -a true display of gunsmithing craftsmanship. With a shotgun, you don't aim, but you look over the barrel and let the target sit on top of your front sight.
The rear sight would just obstruct your view. It makes really sense and they got that right.
And propably the sights would be zeroed for rifle's ammo, So they wouldn't be any help when aiming for shotgun's ammo. ;)

Knut wrote: Problem is: they didn't get the point of aim right. Actually with all shotguns. The centre point of pellet impact is exactly on the front sight, while it should be a hand with above.
Yeah, but I guess this is for convinience. Btw. some guns are held by our avatar keeping sights off-center, but they still shoot where the top of front sight is (regardless of the position of rear sight in relation to front sight). ;)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Knut wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:I just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBP-y0u19o&t=194s on youtube and I need to ask why would the rear sight flip down when you change to shotgun mode?

That's because it does on RL Drillings, too.
It's actually based on some neat mechanics, that are built into the rail -a true display of gunsmithing craftsmanship. With a shotgun, you don't aim, but you look over the barrel and let the target sit on top of your front sight.
The rear sight would just obstruct your view. It makes really sense and they got that right.

Problem is: they didn't get the point of aim right. Actually with all shotguns. The centre point of pellet impact is exactly on the front sight, while it should be a hand with above.
Thanks. I had no idea that that is how they work IRL
Spoiler:
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

I took Drilling in to Hirschfelden and shot every species there except goose. Works good and changing barrels with mouse wheel button feels natural. I took scope off when I shot some of the Pheasants and shot some with scope on. I was able to hit Pheasants with scope pretty well when I used minimum zoom, but iron sights were easier to follow birds at flight. Still have to test that gun more, but first impression was pretty good. It seem to work well as an allrounder.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

INSANEPAPPY60 wrote:Is it possible to load different ammo in the barrels....say birdshot in one and buckshot in the other barrel?
No you can't.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Great weapon, probably i will get one soon, but only one thing bugs me, does this Drilling will count as shotgun for the official competitions that require shotguns? like the pheasant competitions, and will count as rifle for the rifle competitions? or will be in a limbo since is a new category of weapon?

And Hemmeldal is getting a new animal, tell me aren't feral hogs please :lol: but really, what new animal could be?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Hmm 899 em$, well that's different. Good thing it isn't 900, that would be deal off. :lol:
VonStratos wrote:And Hemmeldal is getting a new animal, tell me aren't feral hogs please :lol: but really, what new animal could be?
Indeed :lol:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Really not a fan of the new inventory screen, having to switch tabs just to throw a scent/small piece of equipment into the general space at the bottom. EW, would you please include all of the item groups in the drop-down list on the left, as they were before?

Really miss seeing my six slots, too. Would be perfectly fine with me if the only slots under the Equipment Tab were the ones for Large Equipment, Pets and whatever the new weapon added, if anything.(I have not bought it yet so do not know)

By the way, "Pets"? I just noticed this, was it "Dogs" before? Are we getting hamsters or goldfish or something else down the road? :lol:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this status update.
Cool new weapon, i will have prefer to see a 10 or 12 ga than a 16 ga for my own.
I'll Wait for a sale to buy it, a little expensive at 900 Em$.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

J_Birdman wrote:Really not a fan of the new inventory screen, having to switch tabs just to throw a scent/small piece of equipment into the general space at the bottom. EW, would you please include all of the item groups in the drop-down list on the left, as they were before?
Same. Also, I want to move equipment more often than weapons so I'd prefer to have equipment come up as default screen when going into inventory. The new design looks good and clean, but seeing how often we go into inventory, every click counts!

By the way: I don't really understand why you don't use all the space available on the screen (instead of having most of it black), then we wouldn't have to switch tabs so often. Do we really still have to cater to 800x600 resolution?
Image Image Image
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Thanks for the Update.
Drilling is nice. Price is fine as it literally replaces a whole set of guns to carry. Scope is a lil bit on the ugly side tho. The weapon model is absolutely beautiful and the scope feels a lil bit out of place on it. Sounds like thunder when u fire the rifle cartridge, good stuff :D

Seems to have a massive drop off over 200m tho. Tryed to shoot a roe on VDB at around 280 and the bullet splashed into the water in front of it at what felt like at least 20+m away from the animal. Other then that the rifle cartridge is very powerful.
I am a lil bit rusted so i need to play around a bit more ;)

Good stuff.

On another note ... man i hate Hemmeldal xD i cant wait to have to force myself to go to that god forsaken place to look for the new species. Hemmeldal .... ewwww :P

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”