Status Update - 8th August 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 8th August 2018

Post by Knut »

Why you have to always get things 97% right and then ruin it on the last bit?

Who in his right mind would want a reticle like that on a Drilling???

You were so close to awesome.
I'll wait with buying that gun now until a scope with a classic hot at least more conventional reticle is available for it.
Last edited by Knut on August 8th, 2018, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

lamanorbu wrote:I see that noone agrees with me but I'm actually happy that it costs considerably more that the other rifles
awww man, now my little feelings are hurt.... right above your post I stated that I understood the price tag. I went thru all that careful & well thought out input just to be ignored. :lol:
Just kidding, I don't give a sh!t. ;)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
lamanorbu

Post by lamanorbu »

Ahaha sorry man, you posted while I was writing!

By the way, I'm not so sure about calling the new store section "Advanced firearms", that sounds like laser guns or something :lol: I think "Combination guns" is the word you were looking for.

@Knut: your message had me thinking, I'm really not sure what would be a good reticle for a Drilling.

Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Violator31 wrote: I am curious about how to choose which one fires.
After a quick trip to the range I see how this change it made & it will be much easier than I expected. Nice work there.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sounds like we got a back-up all in one gun for PB..........
Hunting those funky Geese with a 16 ga and everything else with bullets. Ever think about using magnums for the shotshells? Especially for those Geese.
Well I guess you could use it in any variance on any map.
This gun isn't a real pleaser for myself, but I'm sure there are a lot of players that have wanted this drilling for 900 $Em,..
hope there's a sale soon........ like 30-40% off.
The only other thing I see as being obsolete is having a scope mounted on the gun for hunting birds or small game IMO, it's kind of like having an obstruction in the way of your field of view,
then again some players like that and it works in the game play for them.......ha ha
The last thing I don't see as being very viable with scopes is not having a variable zoom scope if you want to have a scope on the gun, and is that your reasoning to toggle
through the middle button of the mouse to change barrels?... correct me if I'm wrong.......but that would change the way variable scopes zooming works in the game
through the middle mouse button. Another code change? Hmmm... hope it is compatible with the old code.
That's all I have to say for now until we get some hours behind this new gun.
Have a good 1.............
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

gas56 wrote: Well I guess you could use it in any variance on any map.
Works great going after bigger game & birds at the same time. That was always a "inventory weight" issue for me (wanting to have a bow ready for those pesky females)

gas56 wrote: The last thing I don't see as being very viable with scopes is not having a variable zoom scope if you want to have a scope on the gun, and is that your reasoning to toggle
through the middle button of the mouse to change barrels?... correct me if I'm wrong.......but that would change the way variable scopes zooming works in the game
through the middle mouse button. Another code change? Hmmm... hope it is compatible with the old code.
It actually works pretty well. The scroll works for the zoom & pushing the scroll down changes the barrel option. I wondered how they were going to pull that off too.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Violator31 wrote:It actually works pretty well. The scroll works for the zoom & pushing the scroll down changes the barrel option. I wondered how they were going to pull that off too.
Thanks for the reply,.. so I guess no code change with the zoom...good to know.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBP-y0u19o&t=194s on youtube and I need to ask why would the rear sight flip down when you change to shotgun mode?
Spoiler:
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

lamanorbu wrote:Just like BCKidd I was surprised by the fact that the launcher didn't try to reinstall the game from scratch, thing that it used to do on every update.
Now onto the Drilling, I see that noone agrees with me but I'm actually happy that it costs considerably more that the other rifles because, in a way, it makes every other gun obsolete; I wouldn't have been happy if a new player could just spend 500-600 em$ on the Drilling and be rewared with the most versatile (and arguably the best) rifle caliber in game + a good SxS shotgun, while I had to spend at least double that amount to get the same thing. Plus you have to consider the convenince of having a "jack of all trades" gun, you can level up much faster and you never face the unconfortable experience of meeting a trophy grade animal and having no suitable weapon; such a convenience shall came at a cost to keep the business model profitable. On the other hand I agree with the fact that it would be a welcome change to make the new scope suitable to other rifles, the reticle and the very versatile zoom range are a novelty ingame and would make for a nice universal optics.
Hmmm... I have to admitt, that I consider this price as reasonable, however... simply because of getting two guns in one. ;) But I don't agree so much with your arguments, and to be precise - this is only my private opinion - nothing objective. :) But first of all, I do not consider this gun as versitile (again - from my personal perspective). Why? Well, because in my opinion hunting small game requaires totaly different approach than hunting big game. At least I do this totaly different. With some exceptions perhaps, hunting small game is for me "total extermination" ;) Ok, I do exaggerate. But generaly, when I hunt small game, I rather kill a lot of animals in one session, or even in one, relatively small area on a map. I don't care about spooking them or not, or even I want to spook them. So I make a lot of noise, run a lot, etc. Hence, any big game is long gone, while I do this. ;) Hence I generaly (even when I had membership, and I hope so, I will have it again in next month) choose what I want to hunt (small or big game) prior to the session. Just in case I take also few slugs, when I go hunting small game, but I rarely ever used them. And usualy I don't have troubles with inventory capacity to take also a rifle with me, aside of shotgun. So for me, this new gun looks brilliant, but I don't really need it, and I don't consider it that useful.

I'll be honest, I don't know (never have checked) do such guns exists in reality, but I would rather appreciate double riffled barrels - for example one for 9.3x74R and second for... hmmm lets say .243 - to have covered all big game (including foxes and bobcats into big game). Or maybe even triple - 9.3, .243 and .22. ;)
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

RidgeBack69 wrote:I just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBP-y0u19o&t=194s on youtube and I need to ask why would the rear sight flip down when you change to shotgun mode?

That's because it does on RL Drillings, too.
It's actually based on some neat mechanics, that are built into the rail -a true display of gunsmithing craftsmanship. With a shotgun, you don't aim, but you look over the barrel and let the target sit on top of your front sight.
The rear sight would just obstruct your view. It makes really sense and they got that right.

Problem is: they didn't get the point of aim right. Actually with all shotguns. The centre point of pellet impact is exactly on the front sight, while it should be a hand with above.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”