Summer Fiesta 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
fantamichele
Hunter
Posts: 535
Joined: July 2nd, 2014, 11:02 am
Location: Italy - Umbria

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby fantamichele » August 12th, 2018, 9:25 am

Ravenousfox wrote:
fantamichele wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Hard way in SP - Shoot another animal in the background then quickly turn to shoot the fleeing Bison from 40-60m.
Easy way in MP - Have someone spook Bison towards you.


It's what I do, I shoot the bison with the gun to scare him at about 10-15 meters, I immediately take the shotgun and shoot at the right distance, the problem is that the head is covered by the back and I can not see the point where to aim correctly.
I can only play SP, I have a satellite connection, ping is over 750 and it is impossible to play in MP, too much lag

Shotgun? how is any Shotgun ethical on Bison?
That's why you have to hit the brain on the side of the Bison as soon as the Bison turns to flee.
Gotta be quick.


Ok now I understand the technique, I have to scare him when he is 45 meters and then hit him in the brain as he turns.
Thanks for the reply
p.s.: I use the 45-70, the shotgun is a google translation error :D

Image
User avatar
TheColton
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby TheColton » August 12th, 2018, 3:55 pm

Before i log out...do i have to harvest the three brain shot dall sheep all in one hunt or can i shoot the last one next time? I know the mission doesnt say so, but u never know.
User avatar
Seifer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 650
Joined: February 15th, 2014, 6:33 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby Seifer » August 12th, 2018, 4:04 pm

TheColton wrote:Before i log out...do i have to harvest the three brain shot dall sheep all in one hunt or can i shoot the last one next time? I know the mission doesnt say so, but u never know.


If it doesn't say "In the same Hunt", you should be safe.
Spoiler:


Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
User avatar
sansaoo
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: April 16th, 2015, 8:07 am
Location: BRAZIL

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby sansaoo » August 13th, 2018, 6:54 pm

the first person to post in this forum with all three mission badges receives a small bonus, $ 500. I would like to inform thehunter team that I SANSAOO, I was the first to do these mission summer badges badges and posted on the forum, I hope the recognition of all.
User avatar
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Posts: 6935
Joined: June 29th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Location: 42.655701 N, 82.61936 W

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby Tod1d » August 13th, 2018, 7:08 pm

sansaoo wrote:the first person to post in this forum with all three mission badges receives a small bonus, $ 500. I would like to inform thehunter team that I SANSAOO, I was the first to do these mission summer badges badges and posted on the forum, I hope the recognition of all.


I think RF got you by 3 days ;) Re: Summer Fiesta 2018
Image
"It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
User avatar
muldo
Hunter
Posts: 971
Joined: August 19th, 2014, 10:54 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby muldo » August 13th, 2018, 7:19 pm

Just shot a Dall Sheep in the skull at 208m, then again and hit skull and brain at 243m. Why did it not count for the mission? Also had 2 sheep I wasn't able to collect, even after trying the running away over 300m trick. Mission seems buggy for me.


EDIT- Just completed, great but frustrating. :)
Last edited by muldo on August 14th, 2018, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2394
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby TreeKiwi » August 14th, 2018, 1:52 am

Tod1d wrote:
sansaoo wrote:the first person to post in this forum with all three mission badges receives a small bonus, $ 500. I would like to inform thehunter team that I SANSAOO, I was the first to do these mission summer badges badges and posted on the forum, I hope the recognition of all.


I think RF got you by 3 days ;) Re: Summer Fiesta 2018


Yeah and BigGameHunter21 was a day or two before RF. Sorry :(
User avatar
Ravenousfox
Outfitter
Posts: 1979
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:34 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby Ravenousfox » August 14th, 2018, 2:00 am

TreeKiwi wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
sansaoo wrote:the first person to post in this forum with all three mission badges receives a small bonus, $ 500. I would like to inform thehunter team that I SANSAOO, I was the first to do these mission summer badges badges and posted on the forum, I hope the recognition of all.


I think RF got you by 3 days ;) Re: Summer Fiesta 2018


Yeah and BigGameHunter21 was a day or two before RF. Sorry :(

A day or two? :?
More like just 10 hours apart cause I had to go to bed.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNCfpYfIwzRQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/ravenous___fox/profile
User avatar
XxStrong1xX
Tracker
Posts: 244
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 8:09 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby XxStrong1xX » August 14th, 2018, 7:42 am

So far I have enjoyed the first two Fiesta cups. Very challenging but pretty much doable for all players. But now this Fall cup is about to start and it requires a weapon I and many other players do not own. I find this very unfair and disappointing and just a "money grab". I know many of my fellow long term players who have no problem throwing thousands of dollars into this game will flame me for this post; but these comps should be open to everyone. Sure make them challenging, but don't require buying special weapons that I would have absolutely no interest in owning otherwise. It is bad enough I couldn't complete any of the mission packs because of the weapons requirements but now I can't even do the comps which are one of my main reasons for playing this game. :(

Yes I know other comps require special weapons and I just don't do those comps, but these are special once a year events and I feel they should be open to all players. Just my opinion, I am probably wrong and most people will probably disagree with me; but for those that took time to read this thank you for letting me vent.
User avatar
Ravenousfox
Outfitter
Posts: 1979
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:34 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Postby Ravenousfox » August 14th, 2018, 8:21 am

XxStrong1xX wrote:So far I have enjoyed the first two Fiesta cups. Very challenging but pretty much doable for all players. But now this Fall cup is about to start and it requires a weapon I and many other players do not own. I find this very unfair and disappointing and just a "money grab". I know many of my fellow long term players who have no problem throwing thousands of dollars into this game will flame me for this post; but these comps should be open to everyone. Sure make them challenging, but don't require buying special weapons that I would have absolutely no interest in owning otherwise. It is bad enough I couldn't complete any of the mission packs because of the weapons requirements but now I can't even do the comps which are one of my main reasons for playing this game. :(

Yes I know other comps require special weapons and I just don't do those comps, but these are special once a year events and I feel they should be open to all players. Just my opinion, I am probably wrong and most people will probably disagree with me; but for those that took time to read this thank you for letting me vent.

I like having comps that require a certain weapon as it makes the comp fair for everyone participating.
Also makes it so that people don't just use a weapon that will down animals 100% as it actually adds shot placement into the comp.
Higher caliber weapons for example have a much more easy time to hit vitals than other weapons do and a lot of people know this and use it to their advantage leaving people that use low caliber weapons to a disadvantage.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNCfpYfIwzRQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/ravenous___fox/profile

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest