Summer Fiesta 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
wiizzi
Scout

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Post by wiizzi »

xOEDragonx wrote:Question about the weightsaver comp since I didn't participate in it last year. The first animal is a dall sheep, so whenever the second animal is added can you still improve your dall sheep weight or is the sheep weight locked in as soon as the second animal is added?
you can always improve animals.

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

wiizzi wrote:you can always improve animals.
Thanks for the answer. I might have to give this one a try this year!

I mostly look forward to the mission packs though... I couldn't handle David's mission pack last year but if Mat's is the hardest one this year then surely I'll stand a chance. And who wouldn't want that beard on their trophy shelf?
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

last year the hardest one for me was a bird with crossbow. not sure which pack that was. but after few hours( many hours) i have managed to complete it =)) excited about insanity pack

JMMax
Spotter

Post by JMMax »

TreeKiwi wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:Even though I have played since 2009, I always took summers off from the game so this will be my first Fiesta as well. Really looking forward to it, but just hope some of the comps and missions can be done in MP since I don't play much SP anymore. Also I really wish EW would do something other than combined weight comps. Not really fair when you have people who spend 12-16+ hours a day in this game and others that are lucky to have 1-2 hrs per day to play. Really want that 30R but I have a job and a life so no chance at it for me. :P
Missions and the Season comps can be done in Single or Multiplayer.

Two back to back weight comps was just coincidence really, I would think the likely hood of it happening again in the future is not high :)

Good luck too all!

*P.s when I say the missions are hard... they are mental. So I hope some of you are ready for a challenge. :twisted:
Title page says Single Player for Season comps, but then in your reply above you state SP or MP for both Mission and the Season comps... which is it?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

JMMax wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:Even though I have played since 2009, I always took summers off from the game so this will be my first Fiesta as well. Really looking forward to it, but just hope some of the comps and missions can be done in MP since I don't play much SP anymore. Also I really wish EW would do something other than combined weight comps. Not really fair when you have people who spend 12-16+ hours a day in this game and others that are lucky to have 1-2 hrs per day to play. Really want that 30R but I have a job and a life so no chance at it for me. :P

Two back to back weight comps was just coincidence really, I would think the likely hood of it happening again in the future is not high :)

Good luck too all!

*P.s when I say the missions are hard... they are mental. So I hope some of you are ready for a challenge. :twisted:
Title page says Single Player for Season comps, but then in your reply above you state SP or MP for both Mission and the Season comps... which is it?
BCKidd wrote:TK- you wrote that the comp is in SP only, but later on you state that Missions and Season comps can be done in both SP and MP. Is this not a season comp? My real question is, is this Summer Fiesta comp in SP only like what is stated on front page or is it both? Either way, the comp looks and sounds fun and I'll be there. Thanks EW for this event. 8-) ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
So what I wrote is correct, the 'Season Competitions' (Spring, winter, summer, autumn) and the missions can be done in single or multiplayer. But the 'Weightsaver' comp is Single Player only. Sorry for the confusion.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying. Yep, I was confused. You cleared it up tho'. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

BCKidd wrote:Awesome! Thanks for clarifying. Yep, I was confused. You cleared it up tho'. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
I will have a look at the wording in the OP tomorrow to see if I can get it to read better. Bed time now though.

Cheers
JMMax
Spotter

Post by JMMax »

TreeKiwi wrote:
JMMax wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:

Good luck too all!

BCKidd wrote:TK- you wrote that the comp is in SP only, but later on you state that Missions and Season comps can be done in both SP and MP. Is this not a season comp? My real question is, is this Summer Fiesta comp in SP only like what is stated on front page or is it both? Either way, the comp looks and sounds fun and I'll be there. Thanks EW for this event. 8-) ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
So what I wrote is correct, the 'Season Competitions' (Spring, winter, summer, autumn) and the missions can be done in single or multiplayer. But the 'Weightsaver' comp is Single Player only. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks. Guess I'll bypass the "Weightsaver" since i usually play MP, but was looking forward to it since the Summer Fiesta has in the past been MP. Disappointed but I'll get over it :lol:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The first to post the 3 medals won 500ems?

I won, I won! :lol:

But seriously, i remember some of the requirements of past competitions and a chill went trough my spine, i will try them as long i don't need go to therapy in September ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

JMMax wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
JMMax wrote:

BCKidd.
Thanks. Guess I'll bypass the "Weightsaver" since i usually play MP, but was looking forward to it since the Summer Fiesta has in the past been MP. Disappointed but I'll get over it :lol:
We made a decision to try this event as single player, as we have been listening to feedback from the community around recent competitions. We will be closely monitoring it's performance to see which style is preferred by the whole player base. It will be a hard competition though that requires dedication and some strategy. It works out that you only get a little over 3 attempts per animal. But if you are smart, you can double up on a reserve that has multiple animals from the list later in the event.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”