Summer Fiesta 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Post by fantamichele »

Ravenousfox wrote:
fantamichele wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote: Hard way in SP - Shoot another animal in the background then quickly turn to shoot the fleeing Bison from 40-60m.
Easy way in MP - Have someone spook Bison towards you.
It's what I do, I shoot the bison with the gun to scare him at about 10-15 meters, I immediately take the shotgun and shoot at the right distance, the problem is that the head is covered by the back and I can not see the point where to aim correctly.
I can only play SP, I have a satellite connection, ping is over 750 and it is impossible to play in MP, too much lag
Shotgun? how is any Shotgun ethical on Bison?
That's why you have to hit the brain on the side of the Bison as soon as the Bison turns to flee.
Gotta be quick.
Ok now I understand the technique, I have to scare him when he is 45 meters and then hit him in the brain as he turns.
Thanks for the reply
p.s.: I use the 45-70, the shotgun is a google translation error :D
TheColton

Post by TheColton »

Before i log out...do i have to harvest the three brain shot dall sheep all in one hunt or can i shoot the last one next time? I know the mission doesnt say so, but u never know.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

TheColton wrote:Before i log out...do i have to harvest the three brain shot dall sheep all in one hunt or can i shoot the last one next time? I know the mission doesnt say so, but u never know.
If it doesn't say "In the same Hunt", you should be safe.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
sansaoo

Post by sansaoo »

the first person to post in this forum with all three mission badges receives a small bonus, $ 500. I would like to inform thehunter team that I SANSAOO, I was the first to do these mission summer badges badges and posted on the forum, I hope the recognition of all.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

sansaoo wrote:the first person to post in this forum with all three mission badges receives a small bonus, $ 500. I would like to inform thehunter team that I SANSAOO, I was the first to do these mission summer badges badges and posted on the forum, I hope the recognition of all.
I think RF got you by 3 days ;) Re: Summer Fiesta 2018
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Just shot a Dall Sheep in the skull at 208m, then again and hit skull and brain at 243m. Why did it not count for the mission? Also had 2 sheep I wasn't able to collect, even after trying the running away over 300m trick. Mission seems buggy for me.

EDIT- Just completed, great but frustrating. :)
Last edited by muldo on August 14th, 2018, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tod1d wrote:
sansaoo wrote:the first person to post in this forum with all three mission badges receives a small bonus, $ 500. I would like to inform thehunter team that I SANSAOO, I was the first to do these mission summer badges badges and posted on the forum, I hope the recognition of all.
Yeah and BigGameHunter21 was a day or two before RF. Sorry :(
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Yeah and BigGameHunter21 was a day or two before RF. Sorry :(
A day or two? :?
More like just 10 hours apart cause I had to go to bed.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

So far I have enjoyed the first two Fiesta cups. Very challenging but pretty much doable for all players. But now this Fall cup is about to start and it requires a weapon I and many other players do not own. I find this very unfair and disappointing and just a "money grab". I know many of my fellow long term players who have no problem throwing thousands of dollars into this game will flame me for this post; but these comps should be open to everyone. Sure make them challenging, but don't require buying special weapons that I would have absolutely no interest in owning otherwise. It is bad enough I couldn't complete any of the mission packs because of the weapons requirements but now I can't even do the comps which are one of my main reasons for playing this game. :(

Yes I know other comps require special weapons and I just don't do those comps, but these are special once a year events and I feel they should be open to all players. Just my opinion, I am probably wrong and most people will probably disagree with me; but for those that took time to read this thank you for letting me vent.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

XxStrong1xX wrote:So far I have enjoyed the first two Fiesta cups. Very challenging but pretty much doable for all players. But now this Fall cup is about to start and it requires a weapon I and many other players do not own. I find this very unfair and disappointing and just a "money grab". I know many of my fellow long term players who have no problem throwing thousands of dollars into this game will flame me for this post; but these comps should be open to everyone. Sure make them challenging, but don't require buying special weapons that I would have absolutely no interest in owning otherwise. It is bad enough I couldn't complete any of the mission packs because of the weapons requirements but now I can't even do the comps which are one of my main reasons for playing this game. :(

Yes I know other comps require special weapons and I just don't do those comps, but these are special once a year events and I feel they should be open to all players. Just my opinion, I am probably wrong and most people will probably disagree with me; but for those that took time to read this thank you for letting me vent.
I like having comps that require a certain weapon as it makes the comp fair for everyone participating.
Also makes it so that people don't just use a weapon that will down animals 100% as it actually adds shot placement into the comp.
Higher caliber weapons for example have a much more easy time to hit vitals than other weapons do and a lot of people know this and use it to their advantage leaving people that use low caliber weapons to a disadvantage.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”