Summer Fiesta 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ClemD
Scout

Re: Summer Fiesta 2018

Post by ClemD »

stefanoitaliano wrote:How do you use more than 30 attempts?
Impossible. For me, I have used 29 attempts. I will soon start my last hunt. During the month, I did 5-6 hunts where I had forgotten to re-activate the comp and also in one case where I had forgotten to de-activate it. Good luck to you.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
stefanoitaliano

Post by stefanoitaliano »

So by deactivate the competition you won't lose your progress? So you can just re-active the competition when you wan't to go at it again if I understand it correctly?
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

stefanoitaliano wrote:So by deactivate the competition you won't lose your progress? So you can just re-active the competition when you wan't to go at it again if I understand it correctly?
Exactly, you can do that as many times as you wish, activate and de-activate without loosing your progress. It is very useful for a long comp like the Summer Fiesta. You can still hunt those reserves without loosing attempts. For example, this morning I added a barrel, a tent and a treestand in the South of Emmeldal. To do so, I de-activated the comp and re-activated it afterwards.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

My hang-ups were the Rocky Mountain Elk(thanks to the ever-chasing, evil Grey Wolves), the Bison(truly evil mission there, even trying with two people but managing to get it solo), and the Pheasant(OMG the longbow is evil, and tracer-arrow-less!). In addition to the mission trophies and always-needed gm$, I also ended up winning a total of 500 em$ spread across five EW comps and these notable personal bests(while in search of mission targets)..

Spoiler:
Rocky Mountain Elk, 420.238

Wild Boar, 1164.420 (no pic, sadly, but here is my now second best-ever 1130.259 Wild Board, also taken in search of mission targets)

Roe Deer, 249.084

And last, but certainly not least to me, my first ever double deer kill!

This was a lot of fun, a lot of challenge, and makes me wish I had done last year's missions! Thanks Martin, BatPat, TreeKiwi, and EW!
stefanoitaliano

Post by stefanoitaliano »

ClemD wrote:
stefanoitaliano wrote:So by deactivate the competition you won't lose your progress? So you can just re-active the competition when you wan't to go at it again if I understand it correctly?
Exactly, you can do that as many times as you wish, activate and de-activate without loosing your progress. It is very useful for a long comp like the Summer Fiesta. You can still hunt those reserves without loosing attempts. For example, this morning I added a barrel, a tent and a treestand in the South of Emmeldal. To do so, I de-activated the comp and re-activated it afterwards.
Oh thx! Really should have known that so I could have done the same with black bears :lol:
Frew13

Post by Frew13 »

That feeling, when 11 in Weightsaver Lottery :(
-15k gm$
I played without membership..
My Bunteng is only 799. So many attempts on him..
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

J_Birdman wrote:Image

My hang-ups were the Rocky Mountain Elk(thanks to the ever-chasing, evil Grey Wolves), the Bison(truly evil mission there, even trying with two people but managing to get it solo), and the Pheasant(OMG the longbow is evil, and tracer-arrow-less!). In addition to the mission trophies and always-needed gm$, I also ended up winning a total of 500 em$ spread across five EW comps and these notable personal bests(while in search of mission targets)..

Spoiler:
Rocky Mountain Elk, 420.238

Wild Boar, 1164.420 (no pic, sadly, but here is my now second best-ever 1130.259 Wild Board, also taken in search of mission targets)

Roe Deer, 249.084

And last, but certainly not least to me, my first ever double deer kill!

This was a lot of fun, a lot of challenge, and makes me wish I had done last year's missions! Thanks Martin, BatPat, TreeKiwi, and EW!
Great stuff!

You had a mind blowingly good event, some great animals! Congrats on the mission packs as well. Sadly I ran out of time and could not get passed the Magpie Goode mission!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Thanks! I forgot to mention the elk was my first 400. I guess it's more common for Rocky Mountain Elk than the Roosevelts so I still have my work cut out for me, my best is a puny 398.584.(ouch!) Speaking of ouch, too bad about your magpie, that was YOUR mission! :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Sadly I ran out of time and could not get passed the Magpie Goode mission!
You made the mission,.. uggh I ran into the same problem,...
I even bought some more decoys but to my distraught,... it didn't help the problem
of the Magpie Geese landing or flying near my blind to get many good attempts.
The 1 chance when a Goose did come straight in for a landing in my blind,.. I pulled the trigger a split second too late as the goose fell straight down to the ground in its landing as the
arrow went zinging into open air, and the goose was stuck at my feet while the slow ten point crossbow animation reloaded, that is another thing that is cagey when you want to change
weapons but the crossbow animation will not stop until it is fully cocked. By that time the Goose got unstuck from my feet and all I could do was watch it fly away while I was waiting
on the crossbow animation.
I noticed a lot of magpie geese have this drop down effect when gliding in to land,.. very weird to say the least.
I've seem some as high as 30 meters in the air when landing just falling straight down from the sky.
So yesterday I went to get some retribution on the geese at the blind to blast a few with the 10 ga pump and it works fairly decent killing them,..
I ran out of ammo and tried using the 12 ga pump but found out that it doesn't work as good as the 10 ga. as it usually takes 2 shots to knock down 1 goose and
also within a fairly close range of them (minus 30 M). The 10 ga. knocks them down usually with one shot out to around plus/minus 50 meters.
I'm also quite sure the Crossbow would kill them if you can hit them with it............... :lol:
I guess I should have started the missions at the beginning of the month instead of waiting until the last week to start on them, been pretty busy though otherwise.
This is the first time on any missions I got stumped on one, so I contribute most of that with my bad cross bow timing and some unorthodox Magpie Geese bad luck.
Have a good 1..........

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”