Status Update - 25th July 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Wetland
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 25th July 2018

Post by Wetland »

I'd also guess that the new Item will be so Squirrels and Raccoons (or other animals) can climb trees and be put into the Game. That would be AWESOME!!! he he

Wetland :D
Crazyhorse
Scout

Post by Crazyhorse »

I was thinking a gong target, but I'm not on the forums much anymore so not sure if that was ever mentioned as being impossible.

Thanks,
CH
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Wetland wrote:I'd also guess that the new Item will be so Squirrels and Raccoons (or other animals) can climb trees and be put into the Game. That would be AWESOME!!! he he

Wetland :D

Heh, well, if squirrels are "items", then as an "impossible item" I propose realistic terminal ballistics ("damage" and penetration) :P I consider this to be impossible not due to technical restrictions, but due to lack of will from devs plus lack of interest from most players. :P But this is what I would like to see, if one would ask me. ;)

Best wishes!

EDIT: Oh - or maybe chokes for shotguns?! Those would be awsome! :)
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I'll tell once again, before adding new features to the game, fix the old bugs.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

1Al wrote:I'll tell once again, before adding new features to the game, fix the old bugs.
I agree, but I thinks this is "sickness" of most developers out there this days, not only EW. You can't sell much better already present feature just because you've repaired it. I think I won't be far from reality if I wll say that for most people, things or features are most fascinating as long as they are new. "New" things makes people ready to spend their money, often even if they do not really need that thing. ;) And I guess this is why "new features/things/items" are higher in priority than fixing bugs for most developers this days. :(
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

1Al wrote:I'll tell once again, before adding new features to the game, fix the old bugs.
I am not a programmer & I don't know who does what but, from the little knowledge I have on it - I think there are different stages or specific knowledge sets at work here. Like one person specializes in fixing the bugs & another develops new items and/or fixes existing stuff. Not everyone on the staff would be involved in fixing the bugs. If that is the case, getting new items does not mean that they are ignoring the bugs..... but again, I don't know. :cry:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

it has been 4 days from the last time i hunted. today i noticed the my cursor would change from a arrow to a little black square box on the starting map.you know, where you want to spawn in to a map (i mainly go to RRF)..now when you hover over a lodge or tent, it would change in to the pointing finger hand...anyone else's doing the same.
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

outrider wrote:it has been 4 days from the last time i hunted. today i noticed the my cursor would change from a arrow to a little black square box on the starting map.you know, where you want to spawn in to a map (i mainly go to RRF)..now when you hover over a lodge or tent, it would change in to the pointing finger hand...anyone else's doing the same.
Well according to the thread What's Bugging you the most, I think, and really hope TreeKiwi is working with something now!

The error I get almost every day, with several hunters who has joined my MP: DxDiag, "kicking all players out- the game has crashed" Does definitely not create a good reputation of the game. This may also lead towards a break or bottleneck on the money flow into thehunters account. I'we talked to dusins of players, all with hunter score above 2000, over a longer period of time, and they are in general getting very tired of this.

For EW this is business, but for me my life! I'we spent Em$ 569991.00 so far, and I am willing to double it. But if this major bug causing the game to crash, never gets fixed, I need to stop trying to play it. Not because I do not want to try, but because my doctors tell me to stop. There are a lot of other games out there I could jump over to, but I like the community here very much. But if it's coming out a new similar hunting game from another developer, I would jump over without hesitating. This I can say because I know many from this community would do exactly the same.

I stick to the Norwegian Mountain Code, and for this DxDiag game crash bug, case #8 and #9 are something my doctors tell me to evaluate.

PB

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”