Competition: The Big Five

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Threwlys
Tracker

Re: Competition: The Big Five

Post by Threwlys »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Threwlys wrote:Guys, don't laugh at me, but as a newbie i just want to know if this deer in the competion is the RED DEER. The picture seems not that good and i think there are more than one type of heavy deers in this game.
It's the roosevelt elk.
Thanks, Tanngnjostr.
Just after i posted it i found the list of animals in the first post by TreeKiwi: "Scoring: Highest Combined Weight of your heaviest Moose, Bison, Polar Bear, Water Buffalo and Roosevelt Elk." If i didn't see that and your answer i could be hunting Red Deers for nothing.
But, then again, in the theHunter Wikia says about the Red Deer: "The Red Deer is a widely found deer species in European and other countries and is only exceeded in size by the Moose."
Well, maybe the Red Deer is big, but isn't heavy as the Roosevelt Elk.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Threwlys wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
Threwlys wrote:Guys, don't laugh at me, but as a newbie i just want to know if this deer in the competion is the RED DEER. The picture seems not that good and i think there are more than one type of heavy deers in this game.
It's the roosevelt elk.
Thanks, Tanngnjostr.
Just after i posted it i found the list of animals in the first post by TreeKiwi: "Scoring: Highest Combined Weight of your heaviest Moose, Bison, Polar Bear, Water Buffalo and Roosevelt Elk." If i didn't see that and your answer i could be hunting Red Deers for nothing.
But, then again, in the theHunter Wikia says about the Red Deer: "The Red Deer is a widely found deer species in European and other countries and is only exceeded in size by the Moose."
The other thing as well, once the competition actually starts, all the details can be found when you click on it :)

Off the top of my head, the Red Deer max out at 240kgs. While the Roosevelt Elk Max out at 500kgs :)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Original post updated*

The link to the competition, now takes you directly too it. Please not that until Sunday the only way you can view the competition, is through this link :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

A very nice competition, thanks to the Italian community for putting this together! Unfortunately it does coincide with holidays for me, exactly the week when I'm traveling, so I won't participate. Good luck to everyone! :)
Image Image Image
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

Nockedup wrote:
lx188 wrote:ye will try to get in top 100 XD ;D.....why they are multiplayers competitions always to?! just single player and done.... MP all run find animals big ones and one goes kill it..not intersting.... single player looks like chalenge, MP ( its like go to shoping) XD ........
BCKidd wrote:I agree. They should be two separate comps. SP & MP not both combined, because SP will not stand a chance against MP. I have know idea why it would be both combined into one comp. Makes no sense to me. ;) Peace.BCKidd.
I agree with "lx188" and "BCKidd" on this.
I agree.
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Threwlys wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: It's the roosevelt elk.
Thanks, Tanngnjostr.
The other thing as well, once the competition actually starts, all the details can be found when you click on it :)

Off the top of my head, the Red Deer max out at 240kgs. While the Roosevelt Elk Max out at 500kgs :)
Wow! Impressive. Thanks for the information.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Nockedup wrote:
lx188 wrote:ye will try to get in top 100 XD ;D.....why they are multiplayers competitions always to?! just single player and done.... MP all run find animals big ones and one goes kill it..not intersting.... single player looks like chalenge, MP ( its like go to shoping) XD ........
BCKidd wrote:I agree. They should be two separate comps. SP & MP not both combined, because SP will not stand a chance against MP. I have know idea why it would be both combined into one comp. Makes no sense to me. ;) Peace.BCKidd.
Me too. I don't think I will enter this comp.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Ze_pikenu

Post by Ze_pikenu »

I'm excited to get started.
Apenas relaxe e caçe.
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

RudiRR wrote:
Nockedup wrote:
I agree.
I fully agree

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: The Big Five

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Thx theHunteritaly, this sounds interesting!
I think I gonna polish my .340 and get ready to nail at least Five Big Ones down ;)
J_Birdman wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:Clickbait. That isn't "The Big Five"
Well, those species are five of the biggest in the game, so it fits the name. But why exactly does "The Big Five" have to mean the ones in africa? i don't think there's a rule in english saying it can't be said about other things
Hahahah
We all know that "Big Animals" is not equal to "Highest Scoring Animals". These five ones are definetly some of the most heavy in-game. :geek:

Happy Hunting
PB

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”