Competition: The Big Five

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Re: Competition: The Big Five

Post by DaveyCockett »

Happy to have made it to the top 100 lol tough comp. I got like 3,600kg roughly don't wanna math right now. But I was so stoked when I shot a moose that weighed 617.91 in my first hunt and a bear that was just shy of 550. Thought those two would have covered my butt, boy was I wrong. Found the bison to be the hardest to find a heavy one. Left like 100kg on that one. What was your hardest animal to find?
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

I think I finished 38th...

I am VERY proud of that showing considering it was the first comp I entered.

NEXT!?!?!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

lx188
Scout

Post by lx188 »

wow i was 99th place at nihgt yet ;DD the hardest animal was Polar bear just 513.8 ;( so congrats all top 10 lucky winners!!!
vortex1957
Tracker

Post by vortex1957 »

Roosevelt elk was the hardest for me. I lucked out. 199 on leader board with about 10 min to go. Got an Roosevelt Elk call, bagged him with less than five min to go that weighed in at 478.45kgs and that put me at 160 on the leader board. All in all had fun and got some great weights and I'm quite happy where I placed :D
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:The comp was fun and not overly frustrating.
Congratulations to all that made the top 20 without using the multiplayer loop hole!
I will not complain about it being MP and SP at the same time but instead call into question those that decided to play in a way that gave them an advantage over those that played fair. Oh and if you used those tactics/strategies congratulations to you also.
While I had no idea this was a thing i managed to place 209. Not great but not to bad. I do not believe that is a strategy or loophole but an exploit of game mechanics. Sadly when a dev sees there is no way to close that exploit without effecting many more things in the process they usually say its ok or acceptable practice. If simply making it single player eliminated this in some way and once in a competition your in it without activate/reactivate from my perspective this would balance that out. You gain an advantage over others. I know now that I will likely avoid MP/SP comps. I enjoy going out tracking and finding the animals not jumping rushing and reloading until I get what I want or have the spawn needed. You were kind. Id say its just flat sad and not in the spirit of "hunting" but more like a deer or elk farm. They are there all you do is shoot. i did enjoy it and previous competitions I have entered. Knowing this is a thing kind of takes the wind out of youre sails for a minute but the value of ones gaming time is subjective :P grats to all the winners!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

The winner of this competition had 14 long hunts while the competition was running. Two other players out of the top five had 15 and 16 hunts, respectively. Another one had 25 hunts, hardly something I'd call "spawn mashing". Only one player out of the top five has a hunt history that looks a bit like the "strategy" that you mentioned might have been used.
What I'm trying to say is: The MP advantage that seems to make a lot of people believe that they don't have a chance of winning... it doesn't really look that important!

Anyway, congrats to all the winners! :)
Image Image Image
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Only one player out of the top five has a hunt history that looks a bit like the "strategy" that you mentioned might have been used.

Anyway, congrats to all the winners! :)
then i assume you have no idea to check history.
PS. check PM.

Thanks on Congratz.

Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Thank you EW for a great tournament and competition. :D
This one gave everyone a chance to see a lot of the best animals in the EHR and many huge trophies and rare trophies were taken.
My highlights of this week included a nice 273 Water Buffalo, several Bison in the 120 class, and a Bull Moose weighing 617.9 kg but the big Polar Bear never showed himself.
At the beginning of the competition I started out in 215 position and made it to 102 in the end, no complaints or major issues during game play just a long week of looking for the big ones.
A grand tournament. 8-)
Spoiler:
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

wiizzi wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
wiizzi wrote:Wiki not always show right information. About score i dont want to talk but about weight for sure. All what spotting skill show you as max number. Is possible. So in theory 3830 max score.
Spotting ranges are rounded, so they can show a number higher than the largest possible weight. ;)
this bear is example . score 31.024 while maximum is 31.
i want to thank this guy. top1. who cared of me. with 2 bad animals im finished 6th thank to this one 595kg.
Last edited by wiizzi on July 30th, 2018, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

great turnout and comp.well done all. was fun. ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”